|Help the Saints Row Wiki by cleaning up this article!|
It can be started by using the Television in your Crib, and at arcade machines in several bars and clubs around Stilwater. However, it is not possible to play the game at those locations before unlocking your first crib.
You must kill all of the zombies, before they kill you. There are 6 rounds, in each round you must kill the amount of zombies indicated by a number on the HUD of your screen. There are a total of 345 Zombies to kill in order to finish the game.
There are several different types of zombies that you must defeat. There are normal zombies, tall, headless(They look headless from the front, but their heads are actually hanging down by their backs) zombies, flaming zombies and short, extremely thin "kamikaze" zombies(that run into you, exploding.)
- Regular Zombies- they bite you, hit you and can run or walk. Main type of zombie, present at all levels.
- Large Zombies - Massive Headless Zombies who appear in Wave 2. Tougher than regular Zombies, they cannot be killed with a headshot, but also cannot bite you. Their head is not fully severed, and is hanging down their back, but shooting it has no effect.
- Flaming Zombies - Running Zombies who are permanently on fire who appear in Wave 3. They will not die from the flames, and can set other Zombies alight, but Zombies who catch fire will be injured by the flames.
- Exploding Zombies - Small, coal black zombies who appear in Wave 4. These fast Zombies explode when they get too close to survivors or the player. If exploding zombies are set alight, they will explode.
- There is limited ammunition available, and melee weapons will break after several uses.
- The chainsaw can only be used on Normal Zombies.
- There is a mini-gun at the top of the stairs on the balcony on the right.
- Rescuing survivors does not change the out come of the game, as they only help kill zombies with melee weapons, however they are relatively weak.
- If you get set on fire, it is possible to set zombies on fire.
- The stairs can be used as a bottleneck.
- The fountain is filled with toxic waste, and will decrease your health. The center of the fountain has a safe area.
- Zombies will grab, and bite you, causing a large amount of damage, and is only escapable via Quick Time Event.
- Grab any weapon you can find and run back to the start, jump on a grass patch with a wall in front of it, the Zombies will not be able to kill you bar the Kamikaze zombies (in close proximity).
- The area that is on the left of the stairs allows for near invulnerability. There is a set of 4 or 5 ledges, and up to the 3rd or 4th you can reach. Zombies can not climb to where you are, but can swing at you and hurt you if you get too close to the hand rails.
- To the right of the stairs at the opposite side of the spawn zone are steps that the player can stand upon and be safe from harm. If you stand on the third step and close enough to the railing, the zombies will swarm on the stairs in a pack. They are close together that a flaming zombie will burn all the other zombies. With some patience, this is an easy way to kill off most of the horde.
- If you are using cheats, activating them before entering the game will cause them to be active while playing Zombie Uprising.
- There is a glitch in which you can get out of the Zombie Uprising map, either in Single Player, or in Co-op. First, you will need the Never Die #36, Infinite Ammo #11, and the Low Gravity #18 cheats. 1st: Start Zombie Uprising. Kill Zombies untill you pick up some hand grenades. 2nd: When you start, there is a red arrow billboard near the right of where you start, which you stand in front of. 3rd: face the side of the arror, and throw 2 grenades by you feet, and jump up. The grenades will explode, and you will be lauched onto a ledge. Stand in the corner near the left, and throw 2 more grenades by your feet., and jump. They will explode, and you will be launched into the roof. You can either mess around, or you can walk around untill you fall below the map. Don't open your parachute. When you respawn, you will be in Stilwater, with no cars, and no people. You also can't access any Crib functions. With Co-op, you will both have to do the process. Check the video below for more details.
There is a reward when you complete this mini-game, which you'll even get if you have used cheats. The reward is a Zombie Mask, which will be delivered to the player's wardrobe. An achievement will also be unlocked for the Xbox 360, Romero's Hero. You also unlock some respect.
Zombie Uprising arcade machines
- Merhman's Night Club - Mission Beach, Saint's Row District
- Crash Landing Night Club - Hapton Hotel, Huntersfield, Airport District
- Gas Station (near Freckle Bitch's) - Sommerset, Apartments District
Locations without machines
- Inside Wardill Airport, Wardill Airport neighborhood, Airport District - When entering from the front door, turn left and follow the corridor around to the flight of stairs leading up. A prompt is when standing next to the pretzel machine and freezer at the bottom of the stairs.
- Rounds Square Shopping Center - Nob Hill, High End Retail District - Above Friendly Fire, outside the "Pecker Wood" store in Rounds Square Shopping Center. There is no machine, there is an area near the railing which shows the prompt.
- Courthouse - A prompt is shown when standing next to the pretzel machine.
- The setting for the game is Old Stilwater, an area which can be explored outside of the Zombie Uprising game.
- Regardless of your character's gender in the main game, the character you play in Zombie Uprising is always a male biker.
- Even though you are considered to be "in another game", you can still use your taunts and your compliments. It will even use your character's voice. For female players, this leads to a male character fighting zombies with a female voice.
- The achievement that you receive for completing the game is named after George A. Romero, famous for his zombie movies.
- In the Saints Row: The Third, there are Zombie Uprising 2 arcade machines, but they cannot be used. They can sometimes be found next to a Saints Row 3 arcade machines.
- in Saints Row: The Third, the zombie models are used as mannequins in Let's Pretend.
- It seems that exploding zombies spawn more frequently after a survivor dies, though this is not always the case and not confirmed.
- With both locations without machines, it is likely that there was originally supposed to be an arcade machine present, but when the model was removed, the invisible trigger was left behind. Both locations contain pretzel machines, and these are the only known locations of pretzel machines