|Some information in this article was added before Saints Row IV was released.|
|mission of Saints Row IV, "The Saints Wing".|
|Appears in||Saints Row IV |
Enter The Dominatrix
|Occupation(s)||Leader of the Zin Empire, Commander of the Zin Invasion Fleet|
|Voiced by||J. B. Blanc|
- "Humanity is dead, my friend. The time has come for you to follow suit."
- — Zinyak, during his final showdown with The Protagonist.
Zinyak is an extraterrestrial warlord, the leader of the alien race known as the Zin and the main antagonist of the game. During the events of Saints Row IV he invades Earth and kidnaps The Protagonist, now the President of the United States, and puts them into a simulation of Steelport.
The supreme alien commander speaks with an upper class English accent and is described as being a fan of literature. Indeed, he states in his Text Adventures that it was his love for literature that inspired him and ultimately lead him to Earth. He makes several references to this throughout the game: he can be heard reading the entire first chapter of Pride and Prejudice on Klassic 102.4; he quotes an entire passage of Macbeth in "Miller-Space", and later in the mission the text adventure consists of several elements of Edgar Allan Poe's works; he compares his final confrontation with The Protagonist to that of Mercutio and Tybalt in Romeo and Juliet; and in a post-credits scene, Zinjai reveals that Zinyak used time travel to "build a menagerie of his favorite humans" before destroying Earth, and among them abducted English novelist Jane Austen (who serves as the game's narrator).
Saints Row IV Edit
Zinyak is first introduced when he and his Empire begin their attack on Earth. He comes in through the ceiling of the presidents press conference and abducts Kinzie Kensington and then Shaundi before disappearing. He also appears later in the mission in the destroyed gunship where he fights The Protagonist and eventually triumphs over them. After The Protagonist is defeated, Zinyak puts them and all their friends into their own simulation based on their worst fears.
When The Protagonist began openly defying their simulation based on pleasantry and order, Zinyak took notice. He remarked that he should've known that a "prison of peace couldn't hold a sociopath" like The Protagonist, who insists that they're a "puckish rogue". He then throws The Protagonist into a Zin-dominated version of Steelport, threatening to destroy the Earth if they attempt to escape. Later, when The Protagonist does escape, Zinyak carries out his threat and destroys the Earth. But this only hardens The Protagonist, who goes back into the simulation to rescue the other Saints and then get revenge for Earth by killing Zinyak.
He talks to The Protagonist through out the game[when?] telling them that they will fail and that fighting will cause the extinction of the human race in an effort to discourage him and break their will.
Zinyak managed to convince Keith David to turn against the Saints and kidnap Kinzie with the promise that he will be able to bring back Earth. When Keith sees The Protagonist being brutalized by two Zin, he has a change of heart and saves his friend, only to be put back into his own simulation moments later by Zinyak.
After saving Kinzie, The Protagonist must break the simulation and fight their way to Zinyak. The Protagonist arrives in Zinyak's throne room donning a stolen Zin power armor that replicated their powers from within the simulation. Broadcasting to the entire Zin Empire so they could watch their leader extinguish humanity's last hope, Zinyak calls upon his own giant mech suit to fight The Protagonist. After a long battle, when his suit came close to destruction, Zinyak retreated behind a forcefield and relied on explosive C.I.D.s to cover him, but The Protagonist used Telekinesis to throw the CIDs through the shield. Zinyak then summoned his minions to wear down The Protagonist, but the other Saints arrive to back up their leader. The Protagonist then destroys Zinyak's mech, leaving him vulnerable. Even as the Saints leader was in the process of ripping off Zinyak's head, he defiantly claimed that his minions would avenge his death and exterminate humanity, shortly before his head is torn off, spinal cord included. The Zin then bow down before The Protagonist, who assumes control of the Zin Empire.
Assuming all the Saints' loyalty missions have been completed, it is revealed by Zinjai, Zinyak's second-in command, that Zinyak told Keith a half-truth; the Zin don't have any technology that could restore it but they have time travel technology that could enable the Saints to revisit Earth before its destruction. Zinjai then shows The Protagonist the many humans in stasis Zinyak had collected from across history, including his favourite author, Jane Austen.
Enter the DominatrixEdit
- "Of course originally they just booked me for a guest appearance, but I just chewed up the scenery so much they had to keep me. Of course I DID have to insist on several changes...well for instance in ETD - that's short for Enter the Dominatrix - the Zin arrived with much fanfare, assaulting the city of Steelport..."
- — Zinyak talking about Enter the Dominatrix
Zinyak does an interview for Jane Valderamma on the The Ship Crib concerning the cut DLC Enter the Dominatrix in the style of a Mockumentary. He compliments his performance, stating that he was kept on because he had "chewed up the scenery".
In an alternative timeline to Saints Row IV, Zinyak launches an attack on Steelport with his Zin forces. The Protagonist later confronts Zinyak at where the Syndicate Tower once stood. Despite his long health bar, it only takes one shot to bring Zinyak to his knees. The Protagonist then beats up Zinyak, and shoots him in the head, killing him. After his death an AI known as the Dominatrix takes control of the Zin, and places the Saints into a virtual simulation of Steelport.
How the Saints Save ChristmasEdit
Although Zinyak doesn't appear, an achievement can be unlocked called "He's Still on the Naughty List" which requires The Protagonist to fire presents at the Zinyak statue on Magarac Island and into his giant hand.
- Zinyak: "Why hello, Mr. President."
- — Zinyak, during the "Meet the President" trailer.
- Zinyak: "My friends, each of you are guilty of crimes against the Zin Empire. Swear your fealty and I will empower you to be wardens of Simulation 31."
- — Zinyak, releasing the Wardens upon the simulation.
- Zinyak: "A reminder to all my subjects: Anyone who refers to Toccata and Fugue in D minor as "The Dracula Song" will be executed."
- — Zinyak on 102.4 Klassic FM before the song plays.
- Zinyak: "Before you I place a choice. Walk through the blue door and continue to face yet more failures at saving those closest to you. Your race will live on borrowed time and will, through your violent arrogance, wind up extinct. Walk through the red door, however, and I will release the humans whom I have collected. I will give them amnesty and even a ship from my fleet to do with as they see fit. However, in choosing this door, you will willingly submit yourself to execution. This is the moment where you can prove to be the savior of humanity, or its absolute destroyer."
- — Zinyak, goading The Protagonist during "Miller-Space".
- Zinyak: "This is your life as it led you to this point. All your past violence, crimes, and losses on display to remind you of one simple fact: Regardless of what I have done to your world, YOU were its greatest threat. The evidence is irrefutable. How many have died because you decide driving on the sidewalk is faster than the road, because you used a rocket in place of a bullet, because you wouldn't submit to MY rule? In the end, you only hurt those you are trying to protect. In the end, there is only one truth. The human race would be much safer without you in it."
- — Zinyak, criticizing the player's actions by way of The Protagonist during "Miller-Space".
- Zinyak: "[Laughs] Look at you... Mercutio to my Tybalt..."
The Protagonist: "Don't be too excited, Tybalt dies at the end."
Zinyak: "I'm surprised you knew that."
The Protagonist: "I didn't, Kinzie told me over the radio."
Zinyak: "[Sighs] Well, at least you're honest."
The Protagonist: "Always. That way you know I'm not lying when I say I'm gonna rip your goddamn head off."
— Zinyak and The Protagonist, during their final confrontation in "Grand Finale".
- Zinyak: "To paraphrase the writer William Shakespeare; all that lives must die, even a Saint."
- — Zinyak, quoting Hamlet during "Grand Finale".
- As noted in its official description, he was originally to appear in a standalone expansion pack for Saints Row: The Third titled Enter The Dominatrix. However it was cancelled and merged with Saints Row IV instead. In the same official description, "alien warlord" Zinyak is noted as having "eyed Earth and its precious natural resources and females [...] for centuries".
- He is the first non-human antagonist in the Saints Row series.
- In real-life, Volition has a Zinyak Twitter account, which posts in-character as Zinyak.
- Zinyak is the host of 102.4 Klassic FM in Saints Row IV.
- Even though he dies in the final mission of Saints Row IV, during the curtain call, Zinyak appears and does "the worm".
- Zin-Yak is an alternative spelling of Zinyak's name as seen during the missions "From Asha with Love" and "The Saints Flow".
- The manner in which The Protagonist kills Zinyak is likely a reference to the Predator series, in which the titular Predator aliens remove the spines and skulls of their prey to be used as trophies.
- There is an outfit of Zinyak In the Zinyak attack pack (which consists of his head and body).
- In a way he can be considered as an "evil counterpart" to both the Protagonist and Matt Miller with the former starting out as a nobody before rising to the top of ruling an empire and the later for trying to imprison The Protagonist's mind inside a virtual world that would render them brain dead and leave their body to rot.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Twitter: Zinyak (@EmperorZinyak)
- ↑ Saints Row Wiki: Saints Row IV credits
- ↑ Mission: Grand Finale
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row IV - War for Humanity (U.S. Version)
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row 4 Gameplay Walkthrough and Interview with Steve Jaros! Adam Sessler at E3 2013
- ↑ Mission: The Saints Wing
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Mission: A Pleasant Day
- ↑ Mission: The Real World
- ↑ Mission: He Lives
- ↑ Mission: Hello Teacup
- ↑ Mission: Grand Finale Part Four
- ↑ Mission: Save the Planet, introduction cutscene
- ↑ Mission: Save the Planet
- ↑ Mission: The Santa Clawz
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row IV - Meet the President trailer (Official U.S. Version)
- ↑ Twitter: #FF @DSVolition @deepsilver. ...
- ↑ Image: Monica-fromashawithlove.jpg
- ↑ Image: Monica-fromashawithlove2.jpg
|See Character Task Force for ways to improve this article.|
|Characters in Saints Row IV|