|Saints Row: The Third|
|Saints Row IV|
- He's kind of like the lovable granddad of the Saints.
- — Steve Jaros, lead writer of Saints Row: The Third
He has had a tracheostomy, though that hasn't stopped him from smoking through the subsequent hole in his throat. He speaks using an electronic voice box, which has Auto-tune installed. His clothing, particularly his purple hat and purple undershirt, indicate he is a member of the 3rd Street Saints.
Steve Jaros, lead writer of Saints Row: The Third, explained "he's too old to care, he has a lot of swagger. Pretty much he's seen it all, he's done it all, and he's too cool to be scared or offended."
Zimos is Steelport's oldest pimp. At first, The Syndicate and Zimos were on good terms, and he was friends with Phillipe Loren's protégées, Viola and Kiki DeWynter. The relationship goes south for as-yet-unknown reasons, and Zimos finds himself locked away in the basement of one of the Syndicate's human trafficking hubs.
Saints Row: The Third
After being rescued by The Protagonist due to a mentioning of his usefulness by Kinzie, Zimos becomes a highly important ally. His connections with the criminal underworld of Steelport are useful in The Protagonist's early days in Steelport as they provide invaluable information on Syndicate operations, thus greatly speeding its demise. In addition, considering how much profit prostitution rakes in Steelport, he serves as both an invaluable business partner and a key character in story progression, greatly increasing the Saints prominence in Steelport through providing otherwise unavailable City Takeover missions in New Colvin District. These missions focus on taking out what's left of the Morningstar's business in the city as well as re-building his own, primarily through out-advertising their hos by means of selling catalogues featuring his own hos, sending The Protagonist off to drive around customers who are being pleasured by an accompanying ho, and having the The Protagonist forcibly take back hos once employed under him that were seized by the Morningstar. Story related missions that involve him involve the hostile takeover of the Safeword brothel itself (followed by the immediate employment of all the hos inside[reference?]), the seizure of all the hos sent to replace the ones once employed in Safeword by way of helicopter, and the rescue of Angel De LaMuerte from the Luchadores. He becomes available as a Homie as well in the game and carries a shotgun in place of his microphone voice box.
If all the City Takeover gameplay in the New Colvin District has been completed, Zimos reveals that he slept with one of the DeWynter sisters, but can't remember which one; which is why he was locked away in the basement (or "pony stable") of the BDSM club and Morningstar human trafficking center, the Safeword Brothel, as a sex slave.
Enter the Dominatrix
Zimos first appears as a client in the Dominatrix Sex Castle that the The Protagonist has to service as a favor to Dom the Dom, in order to get to The Dominatrix. After returning to Dom, he and The Protagonist get tasked to take out the competitors of an upcoming Chariot Race. They then defeat Dom, and take part in the Chariot Race themselves, with Zimos pulling the chariot and The Protagonist shooting down any competing chariots. He appears again in the final mission where he helps The Protagonist defeat The Dominatrix.
Saints Row: The Third
- Zimos also owns a "Boogie Bus". It is a dark-coloured Anchor with wavy zebra stripe decals on its front hood and side. The front door has "Boogie Bus" written on it.
- This vehicle is impossible to obtain, as it is featured only in a cutscene.
- In the "Kill Killbane" ending, Zimos appears alongside the Saints traveling to the Channel 6 Station, during this scene he is depicted without his cane, despite the fact that he needs it to speak.
- The Z Style Pack is named after Zimos, and contains pimp clothing and a Bling Shotgun.
- Zimos is the only named Saints member not in the E3 trailer.[reference?]
- There was an autotuned voice option that was similar to Zimos, but was taken out of the full game while still in development.
- When Zimos wheels the crew out of Safeword during his very first appearance, he emits an Auto-tuned squeal without using the cane. Also, when they are both called as Homies, Kinzie Kensington brings up this very issue and he is unable to give an explanation.
Saints Row IV
- After being rescued, Gat asks The Protagonist what has happened since he's been gone. The Protagonist talks about Oleg and Zimos, saying that he knows Oleg is dead but doesn't know if Zimos is still alive.
- Zimos has Super Powers during the last mission in Enter the Dominatrix, but when called as a Homie he does not.
- When The Protagonist is currently undercover at a BDSM club and is unknowingly sent to pleasure Zimos, he likens it to having sex with a cousin, and just tells the person in charge that they did the deed.
- They got air support.
- — when enemy aircraft is inbound in Saints Row: The Third.
- I'd best stay on your good side!
- — When The Protagonist kills an enemy in Saints Row: The Third.
- Zimos: "Shit, what's yours?"The Protagonist Male 1: "What's your real name?"
The Protagonist Male 2: "What's your name? Your real one?"
The Protagonist Male 3: "What's your real name?"
The Protagonist Female 1: "What's your real name?"
The Protagonist Female 2: "What's your real name?"
The Protagonist Female 3: "What's your real name?"
The Protagonist Zombie: "Grumbles"Zimos: "Mmm hmm, that's what I thought."The Protagonist Female 1: "Martha fucking Washingon."
The Protagonist Male 3: "Uh... Winston Churchill..."
The Protagonist Male 1: "You're right, fuck that question."
The Protagonist Female 3: "Nevermind. Sorry I asked."
The Protagonist Female 2: "It's... classified..."
The Protagonist Male 2: "Fra... Uh... Ma..."
The Protagonist Zombie: "Mumbles"
- — During Drug Trafficking, hard instance
- If The Protagonist has the Female 1 voice, whilst idle; she sometimes says that Zimos reminds her of her father.[quote?]
When 2 Homies are recruited together outside of missions, many have conversations.
Zimos and Angel
- Zimos: "The Syndicate fuck you over too?"
Angel: "Yes, Killbane. You?"
Zimos: "Viola and Kiki."
Angel: "Don't worry, we'll have our revenge."
Burt and Zimos
- Burt: "Zimos! Where the hell have you been, buddy?"
Zimos: "Your girl, Viola, turned me into a human pony and rented me out for eighty bucks an hour."
Burt: "Well... this just... got a little awkward."
Zimos: "A little bit."
Josh and Zimos
- Josh: "Hey Z, listen. I'd really appreciate it if you don't say anything about the Nyte Blayde wrap party."
Zimos: "Your secret is safe with me, baby."
Zimos and Oleg
- Zimos: "Hey big man, I have a question."
Zimos: "I know a lot of lonely ladies who would love a chance to spend the night with a man of your talent."
Oleg: "I'm not one of your whores, old man."
Zimos: "No, you're a civil servant giving poor widows a chance to feel what it's like to be with a real man for the first time in their cold lives."
Oleg: "Hmmm, I will consider."
Zimos and Shaundi
- Zimos: "So, how you been girl?"
Shaundi: "Z, don't talk to me."
Zimos: "Is this about the..."
Shaundi: "This is about Spring break when I was in college."
Zimos: "Oh shit, I didn't recognize you without the dreads, irie."
Zimos and Viola
- Zimos: "So, which one are you again?"
Viola: "You are such an asshole."
Zimos: "I'm sorry, who was whoring out who for years?"
Viola: "You deserved it."
Zimos: "Look, there were two of you - how was I supposed to tell you apart?"
Kinzie and Zimos
- Kinzie: "So how's your cane work?"
Zimos: "What do you mean?"
Kinzie: "Well, you don't really always hold it up the same distance away from your trach hole, and sometimes you don't even hold it up at all."
Zimos: "I don't know, it just does."
- ↑ YouTube: Quick Look: Saints Row: The Third
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mission: Pimps Up, Hos Down, pre-mission cutscene
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 GameInformer: Who's Who In Saints Row: The Third - Zimos, retrieved 4th July 2011
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Mission: Return to Steelport
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Activities: Snatch, Ho Traffic, Escort
- ↑ Mission: Pimps Up, Hos Down
- ↑ Mission: The Ho Boat
- ↑ Activity: Escort
- ↑ Bonus Mission: High Times
- ↑ Mission: At the Races
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Mission: Escape the Dominatrix
- ↑ Mission: Gat Time, Fun Time