|Some information in this article was added before Saints Row IV was released.|
|Appears in||Saints Row: The Third|
|Family||Kiki DeWynter (Twin sister)|
|Affiliations||The Syndicate |
3rd Street Saints
Head of the Federal Reserve
|Voiced by||Sasha Grey |
- Viola DeWynter: "You may continue to operate the Saints/Ultor Media Group as you see fit, in exchange for 66% of your monthly gross revenue."
Kiki DeWynter: "That is before taxes, of course."
— Viola and Kiki DeWynter in Saints Row: The Third during the mission "I'm Free - Free Falling".
- "They're the number two in the Syndicate [...] If they weren't around, everything would descend into chaos."
- — Steve Jaros, lead writer of Saints Row: The Third describing Viola and her sister Kiki
Viola is the twin sister of Kiki DeWynter, they are the lieutenants of the Morningstar gang led by Phillipe Loren. Viola is well endowed and is very pretty, having a buxom figure, wearing tight, black, form fitting clothing to accentuate her curves, much like her twin sister.
She can be identified by the color of her sunglasses; Viola wears white sunglasses, purple when she joins the Saints, whilst Kiki wears pink. However after the death of Kiki, Viola begins to wear her sister's pink shades, along with purple nail polish to signify her respect for her sister and her association with the Saints respectively.
An early leaked achievement for Saints Row IV is "Bad Memories", awarded for completing the mission "Dewynter Blues". This mission doesn't appear in the final game. Viola also has 3 audio logs for Saints Row IV which where cut, however still exist in the files.
Viola and her sister run finances for the Syndicate[reference?], having increased the Syndicate profits tenfold in Steelport[reference?]. Also, it has been stated in several sources such as Xbox Magazine[link?] and a brief interview with Sasha Grey[source?], that the twins are Philippe's heiresses to the leadership of the Syndicate and Morningstar.[reference?]
According to Viola's voice actress Sasha Grey, the DeWynters are also Philippe's Personal Assistants, managing his personal life and day-to-day business affairs.[reference?]
Saints Row: The Third Edit
The DeWynter sisters also became acquainted with Zimos, the oldest pimp in Steelport. The relationship goes south, and Zimos finds himself locked away in the basement of one of the Syndicate's human trafficking hubs. When you complete all City Takeover activities in the New Colvin district of the city, and completing various activities with Zimos, Zimos reveals that the reason for the DeWynter's hostility is that Zimos slept with one of the sisters, without being able to remember which one he slept with.
During the Gang Bang mission Viola joins the 3rd Street Saints. The reason being that Killbane killed her sister after the assassination attempt orchestrated by them in Trojan Whores failed, Killbane then lost his temper when Kiki called him Eddie, causing him to snap her neck. 
Viola meets with the player when STAG first invade the city and helps the player escape with an elevator, during Gang Bang. The Ho Boat mission before Gang Bang she calls the player about The Syndicate cargo carrying a bunch of hos.
After she joins the crew the next mission Viola and the player will disguise as actors to kidnap Josh Birk. She is dressed up as the Bloody Canoness while the player dresses as the Cardinal, which she does not like one bit. She also helps in the mission STAG Party defending an attack from STAG who want to have Josh Birk returned to them.
When The Protagonist goes to rescue Shaundi from STAG in My Name is Cyrus Temple, Viola and Pierce acts as prisoners so The Protagonist can find Shaundi and escape. All four of the Saints escape the Thermopylae and destroy's the aircraft carrier in the process.
After the Zombie outbreak on Arapice Island, she calls The Protagonist during Zombie Attack about how the Mayor wants the Saints to deal with the Zombies. The pair of them head over to Arapice Island to deal with the outbreak, and disposes of the containers that contained the virus.
Viola also reveals during A Remote Chance the best way of ruining Killbane, is by removing his mask so that only Eddie Pryor remains.
- Kill Killbane
If the player chooses to kill Killbane during the final mission 'Three Way', the player kills Killbane while allowing Shaundi, Viola and Mayor Reynolds to die. Afterwards the Saints throw a party to remember Shaundi, though leaving out Viola and Burt Reynolds. Though when, planting bombs on the Daedalus, The Protagonist's Female Voice 1 will say "One for Shaundi, one for Viola, one for my crew and one just for me".
- Save Shaundi
If the player chooses to save the two Saints and Mayor Reynolds, they must fight through an ongoing war between S.T.A.G and the Luchadores. After this the player must disarm the bombs while traveling up the statue. After the player reached the top, they must fight Kia, who is holding Shaundi as a human shield, while Viola and Mayor Reynolds are tied up.
As the "Save Shaundi" ending is the official ending, Viola is still alive at the end of Saints Row: The Third.
Saints Row IVEdit
- "Viola DeWynter named head of federal reserve."
- — Mentioned in news ticker when first customizing The Protagonist
- Viola: "I didn't get a master's in economics to look like a slut."
Protagonist Female 3: "No, that's what the implants were for."
Protagonist Female 1: "What did you get a masters in economics for?"
Protagonist Female 2: "No. That's what your BFA was for."
Protagonist Male 1: "Isn't it nice to know you can surprise yourself?"
Protagonist Male 2: "Who said slut, I didn't say slut."
Protagonist Male 3: "Then consider yourself an outlier."
Protagonist Zombie: "Roars"
When 2 Homies are recruited together outside of missions, many will have conversations.
- Angel and Viola
- Angel: "Hello, Viola."
Viola: "It's been a while."
Angel: "How could you stand by Killbane after what he did to me?"
Viola: "It was business, Angel. You lost."
Angel: "I was cheated!"
Viola: "Just because something's not fair doesn't mean it didn't happen. If you couldn't live with the consequences, you shouldn't have agreed to the match."
Angel: "I just didn't think, even if he won, Killbane would humiliate me like that."
Viola: "I'm gonna tell you a secret: Killbane's an asshole."
- Burt and Viola
- Burt: "I'm sorry to hear about your sister, Viola."
Viola: "Thank you, sir."
Burt: "Before the whole goddamn city got turned upside down, we had some pretty good times, didn't we?"
Viola: "[Laughs] Remember that first dinner you had with Phillipe?"
Burt: "[Laughs] Oh man, that Frenchman sure knew how to tell a joke."
Viola: "He was Belgian."
- Josh and Viola
- Josh: "Stay away from me, temptress."
Viola: "Wait, what?"
Josh: "My heart belongs to Shaundi. I won't fall to your wiles."
Viola: "Josh, I don't want to sleep with you."
- Kinzie and Viola
- Kinzie: "I like your hair."
Viola: "Excuse me?"
Kinzie: "Your hair - it's shiny."
Viola: "Umm, thanks. You know, if you washed your hair, it would look like mine."
Kinzie: "Can you show me how?"
Kinzie: "We're like sisters now."
- Oleg and Viola
- Oleg: "I'm onto you, woman."
Viola: "What are you droning on about?"
Oleg: "You fooled the Saints, but I know your true colors."
Viola: "People change, Oleg."
Oleg: "No they don't. I'm watching you."
- Viola and Shaundi
- Viola: "Hey Shaund-"
Shaundi: "Don't talk to me, don't look at me; I want to pretend you don't even exist."
- Zimos and Viola
- Zimos: "So, which one are you again?"
Viola: "You are such an asshole."
Zimos: "I'm sorry, who was whoring out who for years?"
Viola: "You deserved it."
Zimos: "Look, there were two of you - how was I supposed to tell you apart?"
- Main article: Audio Logs
Although ultimately not appearing in Saints Row IV, Viola has three Audio Logs that can be found in the game data files. Like many Audio Logs, they are a reflection on past events, allowing players a brief insight from his perspective.
- "Phillipe Loren was the first man to treat Kiki and I with respect. To him we were businesswomen, not a fetish. We were his right hand in the Syndicate and he was our mentor. His death meant we had to step up on our own. Too bad we never got the chance."
- — Viola Audio Log 1
- "Fucking Murderbrawl tickets. That's what Killbane thought would make me feel better after he murdered Kiki. He took the Syndicate from us, then he took my sister! I vowed to get revenge no matter what I had to do, and no matter who I had to ask for help."
- — Viola Audio Log 2
- "I knew the Saints wouldn't believe me when I came to them for help. Oleg hated me for turning him into a science fair project, Zimos was still grumpy about the Pony Cart thing, Pierce never bothered to learn my name, and Shaundi was a vindictive bitch. It didn't matter though--the boss understood a thing or two about revenge."
- — Viola Audio Log 3
- During the cutscene of Gang Bang she is wearing white glasses but as soon as the gameplay begins she is wearing purple glasses.
- During a cutscene in the mission My Name is Cyrus Temple on the Thermopylae Viola can briefly be seen wearing white glasses again. During gameplay she is wearing purple glasses.
- Volition, Inc. allowed Game Informer to print an article which stated that Viola and Kiki were assassins . Steve Jaros later stated that they were not assassins and blamed the forums for this rumour.
- Originally, Viola and her sister Kiki were Japanese twins called Natsuko and Yukako, nicknamed Suki and Yuki for short. They led their own all-female gang - "Oiran" - to contrast with the original Morningstar concept of an all-male gang. The two gangs were merged to streamline the story, and the DeWynters were made Caucasian to avoid the stereotype of "badass Asian chicks that are subservient to an older man".
- Steve Jaros, lead writer for Saints Row: The Third, explained he "named Viola and Kiki DeWynter after RPG characters" that he and his friend played.
- The game data files internally reference Viola as "Suko", proving it was changed after the early concept stages.
- Safeword was originally an Oiran Stronghold, while Powder was the Morningstar Stronghold.
- Viola has a master's in economics.
- She and Kiki also appear to be extremely exceptional artists, based on Zimos's original Dewynter painting, based on Andy Warhol's 'pop art'.
- Though identical, Viola seems to be the nicer and more self-controlled of the two, as she says "yes sir" and commonly doesn't fuss at all to her bosses.
- Female Voice 3 accuses Viola of having implants.
- Like Tera Patrick and Nyte Blayde, Viola drives a Temptress.
- Viola and Kiki share many similarities with Vice King lieutenant, Tanya Winters. The main difference being that Viola and Kiki treated their girls much better than Tanya did.
- Despite many articles showing her and Kiki with short black hair and black leather pants, in game and later trailers they both wear their hair in very high-ponytail and black skirts with black stockings.
- Viola is one of 3 characters to be an initial antagonist and later join the Saints, the others being Benjamin King and Matt Miller.
- "Viola" is Italian for the color purple, the 3rd Street Saints color.
- Viola has a few similarities with fellow Saint Tera Patrick. Both of them are voiced by former porn stars, both drive a Temptress and both worked for the opposing factions.
- After joining the Saints, Viola still wears her Morningstar chain on her hip.
- The F-69 VTOL computer voice which says 'Flight mode engaged' and 'hover mode engaged' sounds similar to Viola's voice, and may have also been voiced by Sasha Grey.
- According to the official Prima guide, originally both Kiki and Viola were to join the Saints.[scan?]
- During Three Way, it is possible to go to the top floor before getting rid of the bombs, the only person at the top will be Viola, who is standing upright, not tied up.
- Although Viola cannot be called up as a Homie when Three Way becomes available, completing both endings will allow her, Shaundi and Burt Reynolds to be recruited again.
- Neither Viola nor Burt appear in the end cutscene of Three Way after they have been saved.
- Promotional images of Viola often shows her to wield an AK-74M Assault Rfile.
- Like Angel, Viola might complain that you're not doing anything useful if you're not doing any major combat on the ground when you recruit her as a Homie.
- Kinzie mentions that Viola is dead in Welcome Back when berating The Protagonist, when accusing them of being an asshole and putting the crew members at risk.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Who's Who In Saints Row: The Third - The Morning Star Gang, retrieved 3rd July 2011
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third - Celebrities? I Got Your Celebrities Right Here, retrieved 19th July 2011
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third New Gameplay (Comic-Con) - YouTube, retrieved 22nd July 2011
- ↑ Gameplay reveal
- ↑ File:Viola_DeWynter.jpg
- ↑ Who's Who In Saints Row: The Third - Zimos, retrieved 3rd July 2011
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfniDDrACtU&feature=channel_video_title
- ↑ Trojan Whores mission
- ↑ http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212219p1.html
- ↑ File:Poorqualityiamge_of_kikidead.png
- ↑ Twitter:Steve Jaros' comment about canon ending
- ↑ Game Informer magazine, April 2011, page 50: "The three of you awaken to the sight of a cigarette-smoking Belgian named Phillipe Loren, flanked by his femme fatale assassins Viola and Kiki"
- ↑ Developer Commentary - Saints Row: The Third Power CG Trailer - YouTube, retrieved 23rd July 2011
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Steve Jaros (Saints Row series writer), forum posts: #5 [http://www.saintsrow.com/forums/topic/46240#comment-533560 #7
- ↑ "I didn't get a master's in economics to look like a slut." • Viola ("Nyte Blayde's Return")
|See Character Task Force for ways to improve this article.|
|Characters in Saints Row: The Third|