"The Wide World of Genki takes over Steelport for a sporting tradition totally and utterly unlike any other."[reference?]
A genius in entertainment and mayhem, the homicidal man-cat Professor Genki has put together the most watched game show event on TV, Genkibowl VII. But every game show needs a star contestant, and Professor Genki has chosen the leader of the Saints. With the Saints' reputation for excessive murder and carnage, Steelport's own Zach and Bobby (of Murderbrawl fame) will give the play-by-play commentary with their newest colleague, Tammy Tolliver.
As a special surprise, the Professor has allowed his very own Genki Girls to theme the new games after themselves. These are largely similar to missions or activities available in the main game (Base Jumping, Tank Mayhem, Tiger Escort and Genki activities).
Each type of activity below must be completed twice (via differing instances/difficulties of the activity, as opposed to repeating a previously cleared instance) to gain the achievement/rewards, and/or to unlock further iterations of the activity to complete the DLC.
Sail through the skies with Sad Panda Skyblazing
Fight through dark, shark-infested jungles in Angry Tiger's Apocalypse Genki
Crush your way to victory in Sexy Kitten Yarngasm
Motivate Professor Genki before public appearances in Super Ethical PR Opportunity.
Viewer Pack The FirstEdit
Viewer Pack The First is a free DLC, simultaneously released to allow players who have not purchased Genkibowl VII to play online with those who have. Viewer Pack The First is the same size as Genkibowl VII.
- "This free pack will help keep your co-op game rolling if your partner has downloaded Genkibowl VII and also grants you the Saints number one fan CheapyD as a new homie! This free pack does not allow you to play Genkibowl VII, but allows for full compatibility in a co-operative game. This pack is not necessary if you have already downloaded Genkibowl VII."
- — Official description
Achievements and Trophies Edit
- Main article: Achievements and Trophies in Saints Row: The Third
|Cooked To Perfection||10||Bronze||Roast 50 peds with the car's flamethrower (in a single instance of Super Ethical PR Opportunity).||Activity|
|Get Off My Back||5||Bronze||Destroy 5 chase vehicles (in a single instance of Super Ethical PR Opportunity).||Activity|
|Stick the Landing||5||Bronze||Land on Magarac Island (in Sad Panda Skyblazing).||Activity|
|Cat on a Hot Tin Roof||10||Bronze||Kill all of the rooftop mascots (in a single instance of Sad Panda Skyblazing).||Activity|
|Flame On||10||Bronze||Fly through all of the rings (in a single instance of Sad Panda Skyblazing).||Activity|
|Feeding Time||10||Bronze||Throw 5 mascots into the water (in a single instance of Apocalypse Genki).||Activity|
|Murder in the Jungle||10||Bronze||Finish both instances of Apocalypse Genki.||Activity|
|Storm the Yarn||10||Bronze||Destroy a mouse ATV during Sexy Kitten Yarngasm.||Activity|
|C-C-C-Combo Breaker||10||Bronze||Cause $150,000 worth of damage in a single Sexy Kitten Yarngasm combo.||Activity|
|Genki Bowl Champ||20||Silver||Complete all activity instances in Genki Bowl VII.||Activity|
The Genkibowl VII interiors are located on an "island" outside the normal playable map, in what is usually referred to as a "secret world" or "hidden universe." It is possible to get to the "island" by going to a specific location and warping to shore, as seen in the accompanying video.
It is known that DLC for Saints Row: The Third was included in the released version of the game.
On January 6th, 2012, Volition released a patch for the PC version of the game which they claimed "laid the groundwork for the Genkibowl VII DLC", although the console versions of the game received the patch in December . However, according to another page on the saintsrow.com site, "all three systems" have supposedly still been updated for the DLC.
At this point it was impossible to get there in the PC and Xbox versions. All the YouTube videos were done on the PS3.
The PC version doesn't really have the Genkibowl VII DLC until the January 17 2012 patch, which explains why it was impossible to get to the Genkibowl interior in the PC version. As of the installation of the January 17 patch it's easily possible to get there in the PC version. All you have to do is go to the eastern edge of the map and warp to shore. The only way to get out, is to die, or reload a saved game.
- Before release of Genkibowl VII, when comparing Trophies on Saint's Row: The Third on PSN with a friend, you'll see DLC trophies for Genkibowl VII. Now the trophies are available for viewing on PS3 and Xbox by viewing Saints Row: The Third Trophies/Achievments.
- If you take the Genkibowl Solar, Criminal or Kayak to Rim Jobs and perform the glitch which allows you to customize non-customizable cars, the colours of the Genkibowl decals can be changed from Pink to Blue or Green. These are under the Body Mods section.
- The closing ceremony will feature The Protagonist giving an interview featuring their usual mix of positive and negative character traits in which they will tell about all the killing they have done, while Tammy Tolliver looks shocked, this is of course laughable as GenkiBowl VII is about that.
- The Protagonist uses a distorted Female 1 voice in the closing ceremony
- ↑ Season Pass Details - Official Saints Row website
- ↑ http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=16237
- ↑ http://www.co-optimus.com/article/7506/cheap-ass-gamer-s-cheapy-d-can-be-your-homie-in-saints-row-3.html
- ↑ http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/12/saints-row-the-third-gives-everyone-cheapyd-for-free/
- ↑ The Bloody Cannoness and Nyte Blayde vehicles are present in the unpatched game data files
- ↑ http://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/252363/ps3_patch_notes_-_jan_2nd
- ↑ http://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/252253/360_patch_notes_-_dec_12th
- ↑ http://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/252233/pc_patch_notes_-_dec_12th
- ↑ http://www.saintsrow.com/news
- ↑ Several attempts by people who have the PC version and/or Xbox version.
- ↑ http://saintsrow.com/community/go/thread/view/136781/28850569/PC_Patch_3_-_Jan_17th
- ↑ HC video of exploring the location in the PC version
- ↑ Genkibowl VII Trophies?