- For the similar Activity in other games, see Chop Shop.
There are five contacts, each asking for six vehicles. The first four are available from the start of the game and the last one becomes available after the mission "Gang Bang", as it contains STAG vehicles.
Vehicle Theft can be difficult as some of the vehicles are difficult to obtain, either because they spawn a great distance from the Chop Shop, or due to the large amount of Notoriety that comes with stealing the vehicle.
After completing Act 2 of the game, the bridges to the Downtown district become raised after martial law is declared by STAG, making it difficult to deliver vehicles that suffer from poor performance or low damage thresholds.
- The vehicles in each list must be delivered in order.
- The vehicles must be added to the HUD in order to be delivered.
- Some, but not all, of the vehicles must be delivered immediately and cannot be first stored in the Garage.
- Duplicate vehicles cannot be delivered for extra Cash.
Rigg's Chop Shop is located in Ashwood, east of Snooky's Sundries And More.
BJ Barnes Edit
BJ Barnes' Chop Shop is located in the west of the airport.
|Sovereign||$500||100||Dieter||Dis Autohaus is in need of Sovereigns-You look to make an impression in this city. Dieter has heard this. Want to be known by all the right people? Find for Dieter a Sovereign. 'Real men' drive them, but smart men steal them. The Downtown district will provide.|
|Emu||$625||125||Dieter||Dieter must have an Emu! For art!-Dieter is a patron of the arts, darling. The Autohaus has commissioned a glam-trash installment piece featuring this kitschy, midtown ride. Since all the little people drive them, go looking in Brickston.|
|Status Quo||$625||125||Dieter||Urgent! Dieter needs to keep the Status Quo!-There is a fabulous party tonight to which Dieter is invited. Whether you are closing billion-dollar deals or parading around five escorts (Dieter does both), you need a Status Quo! Look along the New Baranec strip for Dieter.|
|Longhauler||$1000||250||Dieter||Mixmaster Solution-Problem people get cement shoes. Dieter's clients have a lot of problems. Dieter needs a lot of cement. Find a Longhauler 'Mixmaster' in Yearwood.|
|Justice||$1000||250||Dieter||Dieter wants Justice!-I simply must have a walnut dash and heated foot pedals. Nothing will do but a Justice. Find one in Henry Steel Mills.|
|Titan||$1250||300||Dieter||Find a Titan for me, won't you?-So big, so fierce, so bulletproof. But a Titan's most attractive feature to Dieter is how often they are filled with bags of cash. Find a few near the 3 Count Casino, picking up the casino take no doubt.|
|Halberd||$500||100||Andi Dae||Boost me a Halberd-So my shop keeps the best parts in stock for Steelport's tuners. You can start with a Halberd. It's short on headroom, but entry level tuners can make it fly, ya know? Look around Brickston.|
|Neuron||$625||125||Andi Dae||Grab a Neuron for parts-It isn't a street race without a Neuron, which kinda makes their parts high-demand items. Look for them around the Henry Steel Mills.|
|Torch||$750||150||Andi Dae||Runner up wants a Torch, too-This particular Torch is Steelport's street racing champion. Now the sore loser second-place finisher wants it. You're gonna find it around Ashwood.|
|Vortex||$875||200||Andi Dae||Snatching this Vortex is a win-win-European roadster styling meets high resale value in the Vortex, meaning, baby, we can't lose on this one. You can find them in or around downtown.|
|Kaneda||$1000||250||Andi Dae||Feel like grabbing this Kaneda for me?-Mint-condition Kanedas bring big bucks on the underground bike racing circuit, if you can catch one. Try looking in Bridgeport.|
|Temptress||$1250||300||Andi Dae||Need a super-exotic Temptress pronto-You don't see a lot of these...The Temptress is stylish, agile, and very, very fast. People pay top dollar for these machines. I will, too, yah? Try looking around the strip in New Baranec.|
|Bootlegger||$500||100||Grieves||You got talent, I got work. Let's bank a Bootlegger-I run the working man's chop shop in town. And I need something big on power and short on brakes. This tricked-out Bootlegger is worth its weight in chrome, if you can find it. The owner usually hangs around Rosen Oaks.|
|Compensator||$625||125||Grieves||Take a Compensator to pay debts-Somebody couldn't pay their gambling debts, so we're taking their Compensator instead as...uh...compensation. Find it in Yearwood.|
|Sandstorm||$750||150||Grieves||Kick up a Sandstorm-Those 'Xtreme' supercross gearheads can't get enough of the Sandstorm. That's why they get stolen. So steal one. You might try looking around Burns Hill.|
|Scrubber||$875||200||Grieves||Snag me a Scrubber-These street cleaners keep Steelport's streets and casino parking lots free of trash, blood, and puke. You can find 'em pretty much anywhere downtown late at night.|
|Steelport Municipal||$1000||250||Grieves||Why do I need a trash truck?-Because sometimes you just need to take out the trash. These hunks of municipal steel roam around the streets all over in the wee hours of the morning.|
|Peterliner||$1250||300||Grieves||Best to haul a big load with a Peterliner-Gas ain't cheap, and with prices going up, the Peterliner's just the thing to bring back a tanker load of black-market fuel. You can find one in Espina.|
|Shark||$750||150||Rigg||Rigg's Sea and Air has an opening for a real Shark-We specialise in air vehicles and watercraft, and we have an opening for somebody in acquisitions. We can start small. Snag a Shark and bring it to the dock, and we'll talk more. Try up near Camano Place Waterfront.|
|Miami||$750||150||Rigg||Snag me a Miami speedboat-This particular Miami was featured in the first episode of an '80s hit cop show, and a collector wants it bad. You can find it around the wharf in Sunset Park.|
|Oppressor||$1000||250||Rigg||No longer the Oppressor-The Oppressor's been the cops' eye in the sky and a thorn in the side of honest criminals for years. It's perfect for carrying cops...or framing them. Get my drift? The cops usually have one parked and prepared down by the old power plant in Sunset Park.|
|Commander||$1250||300||Rigg||Acquire a Commander for a client-This thing's a seagoing enforcer. It's just as good for chasing waterborne perps as it is cruising the Mekong Delta. And smugglers love 'em, too. You can always find a Commander docked off Sierra Point...that's the Guard base just north of the big statue.|
|Stork||$1250||300||Rigg||Got a request for a heavy-lifting Stork-The Stork can transport just about anything...smuggled goods, smuggled people, smuggled goods in smuggled people. Get one in or around the airport.|
|Woodpecker||$1750||400||Rigg||Another airport run with a Woodpecker-Normally I wouldn't ask you to land a plane on the pier, but somebody stuffed this Woodpecker with some contraband we need back. Find it on the tarmac up at Cutter International.|
|Lockdown||$1000||250||BJ Barnes||Alpha target designation: Lockdown-We provide police and military-grade equipment to an exclusive Third World clientele. We're big league, but if you can prove yourself by stealing a Lockdown van for us, we'll enlist you further. Get law enforcement angry and take one from a roadblock.|
|N-Forcer||$1250||300||BJ Barnes||Bravo target designation: N-Forcer-Here at Humanitarian Aid, Inc., we think it's unfair that STAG has these monsters and our clients don't. Help even the odds. If you don't know how to get one of these N-Forcers after you by now, you're doing something wrong.|
|Tornado||$1500||350||BJ Barnes||Charlie target designation: Tornado-A very big client needs a Tornado to help him win a very little war. Check the National Guard base for one.|
|Vulture||$1500||350||BJ Barnes||Delta target designation: Vulture-Killbane ordered one of these for his boys in a fit of grandiosity, but doesn't have anybody who knows how to fly it. We'll put this Vulture to better use. It's parked on a dock near the 3 Count.|
|Challenger||$1750||400||BJ Barnes||Echo target designation: Challenger-Yes, we want you to steal a Challenger tank. If it were as easy, we wouldn't be paying you as much as we are. Try near the armoury and expect a lot more guards.|
|Condor||$2500||500||BJ Barnes||Foxtrot target designation: Condor-This one is the big score. STAG's heavy lifter could make somebody the ultimate getaway vehicle. The Condor is well guarded, but you can find one near their base in Sunset Park.|
- After getting the last car of a list the player gets bonus Cash and Respect.
- "Hi-Jack It" Achievement/Trophy (worth 10 or a bronze Trophy) for delivering all 30 vehicles
- Using "Mayor's Favor" (Notoriety Wipe - Law), "Police Forgiveness" (Notoriety Wipe - Police) and "Gang Forgiveness" (Notoriety Wipe - Gang) helps with later Vehicle Thefts; they can be bought from the Upgrades section of the Cell Phone.
- The Nitrous Upgrade gives nitrous to almost all vehicles in the game, and can help with both increasing speed and acceleration and getting over raised bridges. It can be bought for $56,500 at level 26.
- After completing all missions in the game, STAG are no longer present in Steelport, so it is not possible to obtain new N-Forcers. An N-Forcer is unlocked in the Garage after STAG Film, but vehicles taken to the Chop Shop are removed from the Garage, so delivering the reward vehicle is not ideal.
- When retrieving the Commander for Rigg, it is shown on the map when swimming around the restricted area, but credit is not given without travelling through the base itself.
- An easy way to prevent damage is to put the required vehicle in the Garage after stealing it, as well as marking the destination on the Map and taking the vehicle there prior to activating the Vehicle Theft.
- The Stored Vehicle Delivery Homie can also be used to deliver the required vehicle.
- Some vehicles, such as the Challenger and Condor, are from specific individuals, and only taking the spawned individual vehicle will activate the delivery location.
- If the player elects to destroy the virus in the zombie mission, the SWAT truck that one can call in is just as usable as any other SWAT truck, thus the player can commandeer it without any real consequence (allowing one to conserve the full value).
- Vehicle Theft does not count towards 100% Completion.
- Your cash and respect reward goes down if the vehicle is damaged.