Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When standing on a moving vehicle, there is a prompt to start the Vehicle Surfing Diversion. If the driver stops, or The Protagonist falls off, the Diversion ends.
A balance arc HUD is displayed above The Protagonist, the left and right movement controls must be used to keep the arrow as close to the center of the arc as possible. The background of the balance arc changes from Green to Red depending on where the arrow is pointing. Diversion stars are earned for the amount of time The Protagonist remains balanced on the car.
Once Vehicle Surfing has been started, the driver immediately starts driving crazily.
After a short time, there is a prompt to press the Action button to switch to a handstand, this is not mandatory and can be done at any time.
Unlike some other Diversions, failing it does not cause the earned Diversion stars to be lost.
There is a "Vehicle Surfing Bonus" in the Insurance Fraud activity.
This Diversion can be started while standing on any normal vehicle, it is possible to start this Diversion while standing on an a police or enemy gang vehicle, but Notoriety is earned and the driver stops and gets out.
In Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV, it is possible surf on police and enemy gang vehicles, no Notoriety is gained doing this, and they continue driving. Drivers also do not drive as crazily as in Saints Row 2 and are less prone to crashing.
There are several Statistics associated with this Diversion
- Longest Vehicle Surfing Time
- Respect Earned from Vehicle Surfing
- Longest Continuous Vehicle Surf Handstand Time (Unused)
- It is best to surf on a slow vehicle.
- Normally when Vehicle Surfing, The Protagonist puts away all weapons. When starting the diversion while holding an Improvised Weapon, The Protagonist throws it and switches to the last used weapon.
- In Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV, Civilians also engage in Vehicle Surfing.
- This is the only Driving Stunt which requires the Action button to be pressed to start.
- Vehicle Surfing can be performed on a car which has been set to Cruise Control.