Right so this is my first ever blog post, not just on this wiki but on the internet as a whole so forgive me if I make any rookie mistakes.
I own SRIV on the PS3 and it is a brilliant game that I'm really enjoying but a problem came to my attention lately and it has been bugging me ever since. In the Inauguration station I noticed there was some really cool looking Boba Fett style armour known as the "Ransom Collector" suit and a Han Solo style outfit known as the "Puckish Rogue". So when I got SRIV I went on over to "Let's Pretend" to buy the Ransom Collector suit. It wasn't there though, only the Jetpack was. I then figured it was unlockable. After looking around on the web I found out the suit should be available from the very start. The same applied to the Puckish Rogue outfit, which was supposed to be in "Nobody Loves Me" but is also missing. Other outfits and clothing options from the Inauguration Station also seem to be missing, such as the Presidential Suit which I find very strange as you start the game dressed in it. Like the Ransom Collector outfit, I can only buy one part of the Presidential Suit in Planet Zin which are the pants.
Another problem appeared after downloading the latest patch. Before I downloaded the patch, the first assault rifle (The one that looks like an M16/M4) and the first rocket launcher were both available for purchase within Friendly Fire, I didn't have the chance to buy them however. Once I downloaded the patch both of these weapons disapeared from Friendly Fire, I can't even highlight the missile laucher segment of the weapon wheel in Friendly Fire now.
I was just wondering if anyone else has come across any of these problems and, if they have, can offer any solutions or explain why this may be happening. Oh and from what I've seen on the web, the few people who have experienced similar issues own the PS3 version of SRIV. Finally if it is a case of simply unlocking the outfit, no spoilers please as I haven't finished the game yet :P
- Did you look in "Outfits"?
- 452, 2013-08-26T13:06:06Z
- Re: patch and missing weapons.
- Someone else reported the Stun Gun disappearing, which I have confirmed.
- Lots of people are having lots of different problems, are there are no solutions. (edit: for most of them.)
- 452, 2013-08-26T13:08:39Z (last edited: 452, 2013-08-26T13:39:33Z)
- Yeah, that's where I looked first. Nothing there sadly. Like I said only the Ransom Collector backpack seems to be there. There's no trace of the Puckish Rogue.
- Westonious, 2013-08-26T13:14:55Z
- That's a shame. Come to think of it the Stun Gun and the Baseball Bat are missing. Well thanks for telling me, even if it was bad news I appreciate it.
- Westonious, 2013-08-26T13:17:05Z
- Oh, there is a solution to the disappearing weapons problem.
- Uninstall the patch.
- 452, 2013-08-26T13:27:41Z
- Oh sorry, my bad completely misread what you said there. Thanks for the help.
- Westonious, 2013-08-26T13:32:47Z
- Hmmm. Well:
- Puckish Rogue should be at the bottom of the Outfits list at Nobody Loves Me.
- Ransom collector should at the bottom of the Outfits list at Let's Pretend.
- Mr President should be in the middle of the Outfits list at Planet Zin.
- 452, 2013-08-26T13:38:01Z
- I've looked in all three stores and they aren't there. Maybe my save file is just messed up, or there is something wrong with the PS3 version. Other items of clothing are also missing, like the hockey pads with the spikes and the bow.
- Westonious, 2013-08-26T13:52:08Z
- Wierd. I'll check it up for you later, as I too am on the PS3.
- The Supreme Diamond-Hooded Eagle, 2013-08-26T14:00:58Z
- Westonious, 2013-08-26T14:03:06Z
- Okay, it seems that unistalling the latest patch not only brings back the missing weapons but the costumes as well. While I'm happy this has worked, I'm rather confused as to why the costumes have returned as they weren't present before I installed the patch.
- 126.96.36.199, 2013-08-27T09:47:26Z
- That was me, forgot to log in :P
- Westonious, 2013-08-27T09:48:51Z
- I have SRIV for the 360 and i'm miss clothes.
- 188.8.131.52, 2013-09-10T20:48:09Z
- Which clothes are you missing?
- 452, 2013-09-10T20:53:48Z
- The fleur de face,lacy tank top,decker hoodie,apocalyptic armor,skirt and ledings,sequined boots,apocalyptic gloves and more.
- 184.108.40.206, 2013-09-12T00:46:59Z
- Hmm, now that you mention it I think some of those clothes are missing for me too.
- Westonious, 2013-09-16T13:28:49Z