Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Though this forum post should actually be on the talk page but I'm just going to state my business here anyway.
I'm not entirely sure if anyone visits the G4 website often nor if someone of the wiki has already read the article but according to an interview with Lead Designer Scott Phillips, it is possible the legendary Johnny Gat may not actually be dead. You see, even though the Saints Row series has taken the path of utter madness and ridiculousness, they all do have some sense of realism in each game, gravity for example. Zombies, according to Saints Row lore, are indeed real thanks to some classified chemical released from the plane the Protagonist infiltrated but it doesn't exactly explain how Lin, Carlos and Johnny became zombies without this chemical (remember, Johnny 'died' on the plane. It's unlikely the Syndicate, particularly the Morning Star, marched his body through Arapice Island) and thus, it is not explained how any of the zombie homies became, well, undead. I think everybody knows how and why the zombie homies in the previous games are probably non-canonical.
Back on the main subject, there's a part in the interview where Greg Donovan expresses his feeling about Johnny's death. Phillips replys "It has been widely reported that Johnny Gat is dead. But Phillipe Loren, he's a pretty dishonest guy. And we never saw a body."
Anyway, that is all. Nanosoldier 19:59, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Sounds intriguing. They can easily work Gat back into the storyline, so it'll be interesting if they decide to. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 01:07, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Since Zombie Lin is referenced during at least two different missions in Saints Row: The Third, I don't know how you can think she is non-canonical.
- 452, 2013-04-14T16:01:22Z (last edited: WikiaBot, 2015-01-27T21:11:06Z)
- It appears Gat will indeed be back
- There seems to an achievement unlocks when you have "Completed Gat’s Quests, Loyalty Mission, and Romance."
- SuperNull, 2013-07-02T06:35:25Z (last edited: WikiaBot, 2015-01-27T21:11:06Z)