Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Volition, Inc. recently released a video on Saints Row: The Third, revealing a small amount of interesting infomation. The video consists of Steve Jaros, the lead writer of Saints Row, Saints Row 2, and now Saints Row: The Third, providing developer commentary over the CG "Power" trailer they showed at E3 2011 last month. The video can be seen to the right, or alternatively, if you want to see it on YouTube, you can click here to watch it.
The most notable information I picked up on:
- The 3rd Street Saints have now partnered with Ultor. But why? Perhaps due to the Protagonist's help with Eric Gryphon in Saints Row 2: Corporate Warfare?
- Viola and Kiki DeWynter are confirmed (against some minor speculation) not to be assassins, but "really awesome personal assistants" who are "real smart and savvy women".
- The woman in the FBI jacket who's typing away on her laptop during the gunfight is named Kinzie Kensington (or Kensey Kensington, unsure on the spelling, or even if I heard the name right). She used to be an Agent for the FBI until she decided to leave the agency and help the Saints.
- Behind her on the TV, Monica Hughes is now a Senator; no longer a mayor. I wonder how, if at all, this will work into the plot of the game. Her husband was the late Alderman Richard Hughes, who was revealed to be the main antagonist of the first game, and there are rumours that he also survived the yacht explosion and is Eric Gryphon.
- Jaros notes his concern over making the Protagonist look too much like Johnny Gat in the trailer.
- A magazine that is sitting upon the table Angel De La Muerte does a Tornado DDT through asks the question: Killbane: World Class Champion Or World Class Criminal?
- Oleg Kirrlor's name was revealed to be Oleg Kirrlov, and that "Kirrlor" was a typo by Game Informer that became legacy. Even we on this wiki thought his name was Kirrlor, so that mistake has since been rectified. Oops!
- The 3rd Street Saints are fighting a two-front war against the Syndicate and the Special Tactical Anti-Gang unit.
- Jaros closes on a note about "Professor Genki"; a homicidal cat mascot for Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax, a new signature Activity in Saints Row: The Third. He states there will be a lot more Genki coming, and that we're not ready for him. He then thanks the community for their support as the video ends.
Of course, this is only the information I picked up on and thought was notable enough to write down - do watch both the trailer and the video if you haven't already!