Last night, Volition, Inc.'s community manager, V-Singular, did a live Q&A video where he answered a few questions while showing off the Initiation Station. While most of the questions he answered are already known, there were some small tid-bits of info to scrape from the livestream. Sitting there with the video on one side, and a WordPad document on the other, I did just that.
Here's some answers to the more interesting questions I picked up on:
- The Initiation Station was released on All Saints' Day.
- Almost 1,000,000 unique characters uploaded to the Initiation Station so far.
- Co-op pausing is all "null and void" (although, personally, I've noticed Whored Mode can be paused in co-op).
- Many co-op features are accessible in the cellphone menu, and accessing it doesn't pause the game.
- Furthermore, players can both buy clothes at same time.
- Q&A 3 video coming later this week.
- Nearly 100 cheats, both new and old. Answered further in Q&A 3.
- No skateboards and bicycles for players.
- "Pickpocket" upgrade allows players to gain money by making contact with people in the street.
- Cockney voice back, but a different voice actor.
- All compliments and taunts were mo-capped.
- No cover system (no shit).
- Gang customization returns. Answered further in Q&A 3. Can give gang members personal compliments/taunts.
- Awesome button (the sprint button, essentially) works on almost every vehicle - with custom animations for each.
- Awesome button doesn't work with flying vehicles.
- You cannot turn the blur (censor) off. There is "nothing underneath".
- "Saints Record Mode" for PC. Can record gameplay and switch off HUD.
- 107.77 The Mix FM is V-Singular's favourite station.
- The leaked radio stations tracklist is genuine.
- Regarding Johnny Gat: "go and play the game, guys. We're not going to reveal part of the story right here" (this was due to the mass of idiots flooding the chat regarding Gat).
- Can make your own mixtape.
- Mr. Toots, a mystical unicorn from Red Faction: Armageddon, can be found in Saints Row: The Third.
- Going into a business or Crib will slowly remove Notoriety.
- Map size: "relatively the same". Steelport was designed around gameplay.
- "Are there zombies? Yeah, of course there are zombies. How? They're part of a mission. Part of the main game! Have fun."
- "Why is Burt Reynolds in the game? Why not?"
- Arif S. Kinchen returns to voice Pierce.
- "Are there dinosaurs? No" (Damn).
- "More than 2-player co-op? No."
- Whored Mode can be played single-player too.
- No split-screen co-op. Maybe next-generation. Just system link or online.
- Drift button added to almost all vehicles to improve driving. Every vehicle has unique drift, including the street sweeper (apparently "pretty hilarious").
- Can take screenshots in game and upload them.
- No height slider. They tried but it didn't work.
- Co-op radios are not synced.
- 1 out of every 100 times, Professor Genki spawns in the world. He comes equipped with weapons and is apparently pretty powerful; killing him gives you a reward, "maybe". A random occurence, but all play-testers had met him at least once while playing the game.
- Stilwater is only in the first mission.
So there you have it. Not too much interesting information, but every little helps, right?
External Links Edit
- post the q and a vid?
- Gutarjunky, 2011-11-07T17:53:11Z