Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Last night, Volition, Inc.'s community manager, V-Singular, did a live Q&A video where he answered a few questions while showing off the Initiation Station. While most of the questions he answered are already known, there were some small tid-bits of info to scrape from the livestream. Sitting there with the video on one side, and a WordPad document on the other, I did just that.
Here's some answers to the more interesting questions I picked up on:
- The Initiation Station was released on All Saints' Day.
- Almost 1,000,000 unique characters uploaded to the Initiation Station so far.
- Co-op pausing is all "null and void" (although, personally, I've noticed Whored Mode can be paused in co-op).
- Many co-op features are accessible in the cellphone menu, and accessing it doesn't pause the game.
- Furthermore, players can both buy clothes at same time.
- Q&A 3 video coming later this week.
- Nearly 100 cheats, both new and old. Answered further in Q&A 3.
- No skateboards and bicycles for players.
- "Pickpocket" upgrade allows players to gain money by making contact with people in the street.
- Cockney voice back, but a different voice actor.
- All compliments and taunts were mo-capped.
- No cover system (no shit).
- Gang customization returns. Answered further in Q&A 3. Can give gang members personal compliments/taunts.
- Awesome button (the sprint button, essentially) works on almost every vehicle - with custom animations for each.
- Awesome button doesn't work with flying vehicles.
- You cannot turn the blur (censor) off. There is "nothing underneath".
- "Saints Record Mode" for PC. Can record gameplay and switch off HUD.
- 107.77 The Mix FM is V-Singular's favourite station.
- The leaked radio stations tracklist is genuine.
- Regarding Johnny Gat: "go and play the game, guys. We're not going to reveal part of the story right here" (this was due to the mass of idiots flooding the chat regarding Gat).
- Can make your own mixtape.
- Mr. Toots, a mystical unicorn from Red Faction: Armageddon, can be found in Saints Row: The Third.
- Going into a business or Crib will slowly remove Notoriety.
- Map size: "relatively the same". Steelport was designed around gameplay.
- "Are there zombies? Yeah, of course there are zombies. How? They're part of a mission. Part of the main game! Have fun."
- "Why is Burt Reynolds in the game? Why not?"
- Arif S. Kinchen returns to voice Pierce.
- "Are there dinosaurs? No" (Damn).
- "More than 2-player co-op? No."
- Whored Mode can be played single-player too.
- No split-screen co-op. Maybe next-generation. Just system link or online.
- Drift button added to almost all vehicles to improve driving. Every vehicle has unique drift, including the street sweeper (apparently "pretty hilarious").
- Can take screenshots in game and upload them.
- No height slider. They tried but it didn't work.
- Co-op radios are not synced.
- 1 out of every 100 times, Professor Genki spawns in the world. He comes equipped with weapons and is apparently pretty powerful; killing him gives you a reward, "maybe". A random occurence, but all play-testers had met him at least once while playing the game.
- Stilwater is only in the first mission.
So there you have it. Not too much interesting information, but every little helps, right?
External Links Edit
- post the q and a vid?
- Gutarjunky, 2011-11-07T17:53:11Z