Feoba Airashi and I wish to create a list of characters in each game, thinking that it will help organize the wiki. What we were planning on is a list for Saints Row, Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, and Saints Row IV. 4 Templates are to be created for each characters status, Alive, Deceased, Unknown, and Undead. Here's an example of a part of the page
- Julius Little Status: Alive
- The Protagonist Status: Alive
- Troy Bradshaw Status: Alive
- Johnny Gat Status: Alive
- Dexter Jackson Status: Alive
- Aisha Status: Alive
- Lin Status: Undead
This would be the 3rd Street Saints section of the page, and with the templates it would be going from left to right, instead of it being list-like. It would be in alphabetical order, with the exception being The Protagonist, who would go first.
Feoba's words: Well I'd think it'll organize the Character sections a lot, instead of having short statements about each character.
So, what do you think of the proposal?
- I still don't understand exactly what you want to do. The reason I asked you to make this post was that I was hoping you would go into more detail.
- From what you've just said, it seems that you just want to make a list of whether people are alive or dead.
- I still don't understand what the purpose is, and I don't see how it is more organised that what is on the existing Characters pages.
- I also don't understand what reason there is to create a template for it - how will a template help?
- Feoba originally also said something about a gallery of character faces. Now that would be a good idea. 3/4 of the Vehicles In... pages have galleries of all of the vehicles, doing something similar for characters would be useful.
- 452, 2013-10-12T01:55:42Z (last edited: 452, 2013-10-12T01:58:13Z)
- Yes, The whole "add character's images" would be a good idea.
- I find this useful because, instead of a whole bunch of short "Statements" about characters, it'll show an image of the character, and clicking on that image will lead someone to that character's page.
- Creating a few templates will allow use to display the character with their current status, we could even use their status for their pages.
- ex: This character is dead http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Theodore_Douglas_(TV_Series) his template is red to show that he is dead, We could even do something like that for SR characters, Like Jessica Parish is dead, so her status/template could be dead
- I believe this will just e useful overal, it will add an image of each character, along with their status. Plus, it's an easier way to group all the characters up.
- Feoba Airashi, 2013-10-12T02:26:44Z
- TV show wikis do that because their articles are worded in past tense, as if the events have "already happened", but that doesn't apply here.
- Additionally, the "Characters in..." articles deliberately do not spoil what happens to each character in the game, so the idea of listing whether they are alive or dead at the end of the game doesn't fit here.
- I still don't understand how you think a new template will help, but re-colouring the character header as on your example page definitely is not appropriate here, as people would immediately known whether a character was going to die at some stage - that's one thing that's against our spoiler policy, and is why "status" isn't already a field in the character template.
- But adding good headshots to the "Character in..." would definitely be useful.
- 452, 2013-10-12T02:36:52Z (last edited: 452, 2013-10-12T02:40:36Z)
- Julius is dead
- 22.214.171.124, 2014-08-07T20:00:51Z