I know this is a huge problem, and I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but I can't find a solution to this problem.
So, the problem is that the menu decides that it's just going to start scrolling up all by itself, also I have the Steam PC version, as in I bought it on Steam, not retail.
I don't have any controllers/anything that might mess with the whole "game misreading USB ports" and to test I unplugged everything except my keyboard then launched the game, no luck. I've disabled the "HID Gaming" thingy that Saitek keyboards install, still no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled, yet again... No luck. My Directx has been patched and I'm not entirely sure what do here.
And don't tell me to fix my arrowkeys, or to reset the deadzone for my controller, as I don't have a controller and my keyboard is working fine (and I did test that too)
- I had the same problem! It went away after I upgraded my drivers. I'm not sure which driver update fixed it, because I updated all of them at once.
- My suggestion is to reinstall your graphics card first. If that doesn't work, get a program called "Slimdrivers" (google it), and use it to update all the rest of your drivers. -452 04:18, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- You deserve a medal! After updating all my drivers (one bye one... ugh) then disabling some new HID devices that came with the new drivers... the menu is working, I can play game, I am happy. Again, I can't thank you enough, I thought I had wasted $15, but no... I got it to work. Maybe now I can help contribute around here... ColonelConnor 23:08, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm happy you can now play the game, and it would be fantastic if you should stick around and contribute too. :) -452 00:00, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Note, this user never returned.
- 452, 2012-12-10T20:38:26Z