So, as the title suggests I'm devoting my blog page to my current progress in the Saints Row 2 game. Now I'm not really good at writing introductions so I suppose I'll get to things I'd like to discuss.
What I like about playing games like SR2 is collecting stuff. Especially police and unique vehicles catch my interest. Note: I play SR2 on my PS3 seeing as I've got a huge sofa on my room and since I'm rather lazy it seems more suitable to me than a desk chair. Also my pc's CPU is as fast as a dead snail (it's really a relic from the stone age) so I figured my PS3 would be a more suitable console if I'd want to relax.
It is likely that none of the text above makes sense to you so once again I'll attempt to get to the point. Weapons. Vehicles. Lots of them. Unlike most members on this wiki I've only had SR2 for like a month now. I suppose that makes me a newbie hehe. Anyway, after playing SR2 a couple of days I decided I'd take a step up in collecting stuff. My experience of unique vehicles in GTA games raised my interest in potential rare and/or unique vehicles in SR2. So, I started searching the internet. Noticed the existence of a SR2 wiki. Discovered rare-hunters like myself, or at least names. So, I started contacting certain prominent rare hunters.
Next comes a list of some of the rare/unique vehicles I've collected in the past few weeks (with some help).
Cars & Bikes:
- Buffalo B (AKA Brotherhood Mobile Drug Lab)
- Bear (no markings)
- Peacekeeper (ULTOR)
- Mongoose (no markings)
- Hounfor (AKA The General's Limo)
- Phoenix (Jessica's)
- Atlasbreaker (race paintjob)
- Topher (Hippie paintjob)
- NRG V8 (Stilwater Video Repair)
- Warrant (prisoner transport)
- The Job (ULTOR)
Helicopters & VTOL's:
- Tornado (Ronin, 2 versions)
- Oppressor (Carlos')
- Oppressor (Samedi)
- Vulture (open doors)
- Oppressor ULTOR
- Gyro Daddy (2 with different colors)
- Oppressor (Brotherhood)
- Wolverine (WW2 Paintjob)
- Convict (prison)
- Miami (Brotherhood, 2 versions)
- Five-O (numbers 00)
- Estrada (numbers 69)
- Five-O (Nuclear Power Plant security)
- Tornado (SWAT, tough to obtain)
- Tornado (ULTOR, a bit tougher to obtain)
I'm currently chasing the Waste Truck in the Corporate Meltdown mission; unlike other waste trucks it doesn't have any nozzles. I've noticed that modding a vehicle in a repair shop will save it in the garage; I just can't seem to quit the mission without the truck disappearing.
- I'm not planning on adding his name to the blog out of respect of his privacy.
(more to come soon)
- How's your progress?
- 452, 2011-07-26T04:46:09Z
- How's your progress?
- 452, 2013-06-02T15:58:30Z
- Well, the only remaining obtainable that I know of is the 'Carlos Compensator'. In the time between I posted this article and now, I've already lost all of my progress once due to my PS3 crashing on me and the inability to transfer savegames. However, I've already got everything on this list again.
- I'm still after that one Compensator in my non-cheats savegame.
- Aribaariba, 2015-07-22T13:49:41Z (last edited: Aribaariba, 2015-07-22T13:54:44Z)
- Welcome back!
- You might like to check out the list of variants on Vehicles in Saints Row 2, which probably contains a few variants which were not known at the time you posted your list.
- And then there's things like the "No-hood Hollywood", which isn't a variant itself, but a Beater Hollywood with a small chance of having no Hood.
- Since you're so skilled with obtaining rare vehicles, perhaps you can clarify some of the obtaining instructions on the wiki?
- 452, 2015-07-22T13:55:37Z (last edited: 452, 2015-07-22T13:59:21Z)
- Can you get waste Truck form corporate meltdown, and ronin tornado in singleplayer ad if so how?
- Mikey De Santa, 2015-07-22T19:13:11Z
- The Waste Truck is still unobtainable for as far as I know. As for the Ronin Tornado, there are 2 versions of it and for as far as I know they're only obtainable in co-op.
- Aribaariba, 2015-07-23T04:53:33Z
- Mikey De Santa, 2015-07-26T18:36:01Z
- If you have questions about what I have said here, you should ask them here.
- 452, 2015-07-26T21:51:23Z
- One more question - very iportant one - can you get Carlos' Oppressor on PS3 in singeplayer?
- Mikey De Santa, 2015-08-05T01:08:06Z
- It's possible (I have it) but I'm not quite sure as to how the guy who helped me get it acquired it.
- ~ Aribaariba, 2016-12-01 14:52