Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If you upgrade a car, is it stronger than the unlockable version? Such as, is Maero's Atlasbreaker able to withstand as many rockets as a normal one with a reinforced bumper and frame? Is the racing Belzier faster than a standard one with increased torque? Is the unlockable version better, or are they merely custom paint jobs? I've tried to find the answer, but no success.
- These are a great questions.
- Increased torque does not effect speed.
- In most cases, unlockable versions are just custom paint jobs. Variants don't typically have special statistics, but I'll look into that some more.
- I don't know the specifics behind performance upgrades, but you should try it and see. Just get Atlasbreaker, and a pistol, and count how many times you fire at it before it explodes, then let us know!
- 452, 2013-08-07T19:08:53Z
- Maero's custom Atlasbreaker took six shots from the Annihilator before catching fire, the fully upgraded normal Atlasbreaker took eight. I'm not sure how that transfers to damage HP, but there's definately a difference. Rockets were fired directly at the grill of the truck from the same approximate distance. (About a bus length away.)
- 188.8.131.52, 2013-08-07T19:30:48Z
- Well, we know all the damage values for all of the weapons, so you should be able to narrow it down.
- Rockets pose a problem, because they cause special "explosion" damage. But using a shotgun should take less than 20 shots.
- (I've never actually checked to see how well the weapon damage correlates to vehicle hitpoints.)
- 452, 2013-08-07T19:36:42Z
- Maero's Atlasbreaker took seven shots from the Pimp cane from a distance of the key icon at the Saints hideout to the pink garage square. (Closer due to spread.) Upgraded took eight from the same distance.
- 184.108.40.206, 2013-08-07T19:47:34Z
- Since the Annihilator does 2000 damage per shot, and the McManus 2010 causes 500 damage per shot, it should take... 24 shots from the McManus to destroy Maero's Atlasbreaker.
- The Atlasbreaker is supposed to have 30000 hitpoints. 2000*6 = 12000, a lot less than expected.
- The McManus should take 60 shots, but that doesn't sound right at all.
- 452, 2013-08-07T19:56:32Z
- Cool, so 7*400 = 2800. So I think you've proven that the weapon damage definitely doesn't correlate with vehicle hitpoints.
- And you've definitely proven that the upgrades make vehicles more durable!
- The .44 Shepherd should take 14 shots to destroy it, since it's half as powerful as the Pimp Cane.
- 452, 2013-08-07T20:01:59Z
- hmmm, I just tested myself. Maero's Atlasbreaker took 114 shots from the .44 Shepherd before catching fire.
- 200*114 = 22800 damage in total
- I think the problem with a shotgun is that each "shot" probably causes damage.
- ~36 shots with the XS-2 Ultimax, which causes 300 damage per shot = 10800. Weird.
- Exactly 15 shots from McManus = 7500.
- So, I think that definitely proves that these numbers really don't mean that much. I expect there are other game physics at play which alter the "strength" of each weapon.
- 452, 2013-08-07T20:07:45Z
- Tested Bezier with .44 Shepherd. Unlockable variant took 22 shots while upgraded took 26 shots. Unlockable Phoenix took 22 shots, same as unlockable Phoenix and upgraded took 26 shots, same as upgraded Bezier.
- TheMoonLightman, 2013-08-08T07:09:01Z