I recommend that mobile users view the full site instead of the mobile skin, to experience the Saints Row Wiki as it was intended.
For the last several years, I have regularly checked that the mobile skin looked how it was supposed to, the entire site looked great.
However, a few months ago, Wikia made changes to the mobile skin which prevents custom CSS from loading, without providing any tools, or guidance, for admins to improve for mobile.
Once Wikia made those changes, a range of previously-fixed issues immediately broke.
I will continue to check mobile compatibility for any new changes I make - but I will not be taking any action to fix what Wikia broke until Wikia provide a way to apply CSS to the mobile skin.
The purpose of this blog post is to list the things which I am aware of, many of these things have already been reported to Wikia.
- All references sections are empty. I know how to work around this, but I have reported it to Wikia, and it is their responsibility to fix it.
At the bottom of every articles, immediately below the references section, is the string "Template:Data-portable="false" safesubst:". I'm not sure when this appeared, but it never used to be there, and isn't there in the normal skin.
- This also appeared in the normal skin in certain situations, so I reported the normal skin issue to Wikia Staff - they fixed it, which also fixed it for mobile - but apparently introduced two additional problems for mobile - which I will not be reporting, nor listing here.
- Every gallery is duplicated. I had previously fixed this, Wikia broke it.
- Hidden data in sortable tables isn't hidden. I had previously fixed this, Wikia broke it.
- Quotes don't show quote marks. They used to, Wikia broke it.
- Audio files don't work. I couldn't fix this if I wanted to, Wikia has known about this for a very long time.
- As a workaround, the broken audio file image now functions as a link to the file page, which is slightly better than not working at all.
- Nav boxes are a complete mess. They used to be fine, Wikia broke it.
- Each mobile page has a list of "Top Contributors to this article", a feature that was removed from the normal skin many years ago, and has no place on this wiki.
- Notices are unskinned.
- Categories do not display a list of articles. This has always been like this, but apparently Wikia doesn't care.
- The Homie heads listed on Homies are randomly normal sized, tiny, or huge, for no discernible reason.
Lately, Wikia has been nagging people to covert their infoboxes to their new "portable infoboxes", but meanwhile the infoboxes here are one of the few things that aren't broken in the mobile skin.