It's no secret that the character articles on this wiki are wildly varying in quality. That is to say: there's much that needs to be improved. I don't spend very much time on them myself, other than minor cleanup.
The good news is, since all mission articles have already been cleaned up by User:Moozipan Cheese, half the work has already been done.
There are still many character pages which omit the specific actions of characters during each cutscene. I know that major cleanup of character pages is a daunting task, so let's try to split up the objectives a little.
When we first started cleaning up character articles, the terrible "mission appearances" lists were changed to references or moved to talk pages for reference. They served as a "to-do" list, so let's expand on that a little.
A list of missions and cutscenes has been added to the talk page of each relevant character, for instance, a list of all Los Carnales cutscenes added to Talk:Luz.
Watch each cutscene and cross off each one with a note whether or not the character appears in that mission/cutscene, and confirm that the details from that cutscene are described in the article, and correctly referenced.
This can be done one cutscene at a time, and progress can clearly be seen for each article.
Additionally, since User:Moozipan Cheese added many screenshots to mission articles, there are many images which should be added to character articles. Character articles don't need every image of each character, but one per cutscene and mission would be good.
Currently, the mission/cutscene lists have been added for all characters in Saints Row and Saints Row 2, but the same should be done for the other games.
- I still think this is a good idea, so I'm going to go ahead and add the aforementioned lists to all character talk pages.
- 452, 2015-08-23T15:22:17Z
- This has now been done for all characters in Saints Row and Saints Row 2.
- The lists for some multi-arc/multi-game characters, such as Gat, Pierce, and Shaundi have been based on the pages that link to them, and also deliberately include vehicle and weapon pages which mention them, as whatever information is in those articles should also be mentioned in the character article.
- 452, 2015-08-23T18:50:48Z