I found something interesting regarding the "Taunting" combat trick and achievement: you get stars and respect for taunting enemy gangs and cops, but the counter only increases when you taunt 3rd Street Saints. WTF.
The stat is titled "Gang Members Taunted", so it isn't specific about which gang. But it's strange that ONLY they count.
As far as I can tell, it only counts when they taunt you back, but I'm not getting consistent results. Update: it only counts when you taunt them after they stop being your ally!
- Update 2012:
Despite my findings last year, I've just looked into this again and am able to taunt non-hostile enemy gang members.
- You can only get a star, and counter-increase, for Taunting if the enemy gang member was not already hostile
- Any time a star is obtained for Taunting, the counter goes up.
- I taunted a hostile enemy and did not receive a star.
- Taunting a gang member will make them hostile and instantly give you lvl1 notoriety (empty bar)
- That level 1 notoriety will go down to a full bar of notoriety after less than 30 seconds and you can taunt again
- Everything I previously wrote about Taunting Saints is true, and it is still slightly faster to just taunt Saints instead.
452 - 2011-02-23 15:33:54