I think that Chat should be disabled.
- No-one stays in the Chat
- Anyone who joins complains how empty it is and leaves immediately
- This is repeated 20 times a day and would be solved if everyone just stayed in the chat
- Chat really opposes the point of a wiki, which is editing the wiki
- We have talk pages, forums, and user blogs for discussions
- Anon users can use talk pages and forums, but can't use Chat
And the most important reason:
- The Chat is broken and does not work properly.
Who agrees that Chat should be disabled?
Can anyone suggest any good reasons for keeping Chat enabled?
- I say we keep it enabled. That way, if anyone wants to chat, you can arrange a meeting and meet on the chat, learn to know the user/users more.
- The Supreme Diamond-Hooded Eagle, 2012-12-11T17:03:04Z
- Damn, I just realised that following pages doesn't send notifications for comments.
- Kind of useless to have a forum which doesn't send notifications of replies...
- 452, 2012-12-11T17:34:04Z
- It has been over a year now, and none of those things have ever changed.
- Promoting everyone to Chat Mod, doesn't seem to have any bearing on whether people stay or go.
- I've continually pointed out how ridiculous it is to "leave because it is empty", but people still do.
- I've been keeping a join log, to prove that people join at all hours - people still leave immediately.
- People still mention stuff they've found in the chat but don't bother adding those facts to articles
- Myself included. Even when I know good and well I should add it to the trivia immediately, I say it in the chat and forget about it.
- People still enter the chat to ask random questions instead of using the forum.
- People still try to enter the chat to continue discussions started elsewhere.
- The Chat is still broken and does not work properly, which annoys many people.
- It is a time-sink, using up time which could be spent editing, with no benefit.
- 452, 2014-01-28T15:24:11Z
- I'd be willing to be a chat mod, although I doubt I would ever get it.
- Funny Man, 2014-05-21T23:21:49Z
- All regulars are given chat mod rights.
- 452, 2014-05-21T23:53:41Z