- See also: Talk:Missions in Saints Row IV
The Quest/Mission structure of Saints Row IV is a little confusing, because:
- Quests are not Missions: Missions are Objectives in Quests.
- Quests can have multiple Objectives, including multiple Missions as part of one Quest.
- Missions are started by choosing Objectives, subsequent Objectives/Mission may auto-start.
- Mission names do not usually match Quest names or Objective names.
- Mission names are shown after completing the Mission, and are then listed in Completed Quests.
- Side Quests become available after completing certain Objectives/Quests.
- Side Quests may also have Missions as objectives.
So, let's get this right the first time!
- When starting a Quest or new Objective:
- Check and note down the Objectives listed in the Quest menu
- Immediately try to exit it, and note down the name.
- After completing each Quest or Objective:
- Note down the name on the completion screen - this is the Mission name.
- Save the game, and note down the name on the save screen - this is the Quest name.
- Check the name shown in the Completed Quests list.
- Check which Side Quests are available.
I'm fairly sure that these simple steps can be used to make sense of the Quest/Mission structure.