We are always looking for new Admins. This is a general outline of what we look for.
In essence, if you make life easier for existing Admins, you get to be one.
Adminship is a responsibility. There are a number of areas in which administrators are expected to be active, these are listed on the Saints Row Wiki:Admins page.
Adminship is not a reward and it is not a honorary title, administrators must remain active, and regularly perform admin-related tasks.
There is no "application process" for becoming an administrator, simply do your best as an editor, and anyone who stands out as a good editor is eligible, regardless of how many edits they have. What matters is the quality of edits, not the quantity, but users should be a regular editor for at least a month.
Any good editor who needs access to admin tools is given admin rights.
Qualities which Admins should have are:
- Using edit summaries to explain edits.
- Taking part in Active Discussion, including giving opinions and answering questions.
- Remaining neutral in any disagreements and refraining from any insults, even when dealing with vandals.
- Regularly checking Special:RecentChanges and inspecting recent edits for vandalism and formatting mistakes.
- Users who regularly undo vandalism are granted Rollback rights, which enables faster vandalism reversal. This is often the first step in becoming an admin.
- New users are not expected to be perfect editors, and it is important to watch for any mistakes, or improvements that can be made to edits by inexperienced users, as well as directing new users to relevant help pages if necessary.