Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It has come to my attention that there are many mistakes in the subtitles on this wiki.
I added the full list of subtitles to this wiki specifically so that this would avoided, and I made the assumption that users adding transcripts to articles were using the subtitles to build these transcripts, and then made the mistake of not verifying that this was being done.
I have compared the lines on "Portal:Quotes" with the lines on the "subtitle pages", and generated a list of 2361 possibly incorrect lines. There may be false positives, but there are many confirmed inaccurate subtitles and the only way to confirm is by manual checking.
I have put the list on Saints Row Wiki:Sandbox/incorrect subtitles, so that other users can strike out entries when they have been fixed.
- Page deleted, as all subtitles have been replaced
Unfortunately, this is only inaccuracies on mission pages, it's highly likely that some users have used incorrect quotes on character pages as well - either through copying them from the mission pages, or simply making them up. (I have copied transcripts from mission pages myself, because I assumed that the mission page transcripts were correct.)
There are more missions than characters, and mission pages contain full transcripts, so the first step in ensuring that all quotes on the wiki are correct is to fix them on mission articles.
Unfortunately, there are some cases where mistake would not be found: if "So..." is correct in one line, and "So?" is correct in another, an incorrect "So..." would not be caught. Unfortunately, the only way to catch every error is manually comparing every dialogue block, or recreating them completely.
Portal:Quotes can be used to search for these strings, and determine which page they are from, but given the number of incorrect subtitles, it would take less time to simple go article-by-article and verify each subtitle line-by-line.
There are 1792 subtitle lines in SR1
This wiki contains 951 unique lines in dialogue templates in SR1 mission articles.
736 match in-game subtitles, but 210 of those are wrong: they do not appear on the subtitle page.
Saints Row 2Edit
There are 3093 subtitle lines in SR2
This wiki contains 2039 unique lines in dialogue templates in SR2 mission articles.
1099 match in-game subtitles, but 940 of those are wrong: they do not appear on the subtitle page.
Note: Those numbers are correct: there are more wrong than right.
(edit: There were a few hundred "wrong" because of Wikia not supporting double-spacing)
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
There are 13446 subtitle lines in SRTT, 10270 unique (due to some lines shared between player voices)
This wiki contains 5649 unique lines in dialogue templates in SRTT mission articles.
4525 match in-game subtitles, but 1124 of those are wrong: they do not appear on the subtitle page.
Saints Row IVEdit
There are 10026 subtitle lines in SRIV
This wiki contains 1364 unique lines in dialogue templates in SRIV mission articles.
1277 match in-game subtitles, but 87 of those are wrong: they do not appear on the subtitle page.
Not all SRIV mission articles have subtitles, and i have been monitoring additions.
- Unsorted dialogue blocks have been added to all SRIV mission articles, and I will monitor them for changes.
I have updated Saints Row Wiki:Sandbox/incorrect subtitles with lists showing which quotes are in which article. 169 of 184 mission articles containing Template:Dialogue have been confirmed to contain quotes which do not match quotes on the subtitle lists.
- That page has now been deleted, as all subtitles have now been replaced.
- There are 212 Mission articles, 184 have template:dialogue, 138 of those have been confirmed to have subtitle strings which are not in the list of subtitles.
- At this stage, it seems that it would be best to add a cleanup notice to every mission article bringing attention to the fact that the subtitles are unconfirmed and should be verified, then the cleanup notice can be removed as each page is verified.
- Doing this will achieves 4 goals:
- Call attention to the fact that we know this information is incorrect
- Call attention to the fact that this is something which people should fix
- Divide the workload
- Allow individuals to mark them as confirmed when they confirm them.
- Edit: I'm going to wait at least 24 hours before I do this, in case I change my mind, or anyone offers alternate suggestions.
- I'm unsure whether I will put the cleanup notice at the top of the page, or under the Transcript heading, but I'm currently leaning towards "top of page".
- Edit: Done: Top of page, only on the 138 mission articles with "soft-confirmed" incorrect subtitles.
- 452, 2014-11-06T20:16:19Z (last edited: 452, 2014-11-08T16:36:51Z)
- I started with a simple "compare these lines to these lines", but then ended up writing a longer script to find out which lines came from which article.
- I could use the second script to generate a special version of Portal:Quotes which just highlights the "confirmed" lines, however, that wouldn't fix the "So..."/"So?" problem of a line being wrong, but greenlighted because it's right in a different place: so it would be less useful to do this.
- Better to say "These are definitely wrong, and others might be wrong too", than to try to mark "These are right, but might still be wrong".
- 452, 2014-11-07T00:11:15Z (last edited: 452, 2014-11-07T00:11:22Z)
- I've updated a couple of pages, and found that there were also subtitles missing completely.
- That would be like if I added vehicle variant details, but left out the Bling variant.
- 452, 2015-01-10T19:40:41Z
- I've looked into restructuring the Saints Row and Saints Row 2 subtitles into dialogue blocks the same way as in 3 and 4, but they're structured differently, so I don't think I can do it.
- I've gone through and confirmed the subtitles for all of the standalone cutscenes.
- 452, 2015-02-09T18:24:49Z
- As it takes far too long to reformat the dialogue blocks, I'm just going to start using the dialogueCollapsed format instead of the tabber format where-ever it's more convenient when I'm replacing subtitles.
- 452, 2015-07-13T17:05:39Z (last edited: 452, 2016-07-05T02:30:27Z)
- In the end, "Divide the workload" and "Allow individuals to mark them as confirmed when they confirm them." was unnecessary, as I did 99% of the work.
- 452, 2016-07-05T02:33:39Z
- This issue has now been resolved, I have replaced the subtitles in all mission articles.
- At this stage, almost all mission articles should have all subtitles lines, including unused lines.
- There are still unsorted subtitles in some mission articles.
- There are still possibly incorrect lines in non-mission articles.
- 452, 2016-07-05T02:46:28Z