Fun fact for the day: images uploaded to need to have less than 12.5 million pixels, or the thumbnails will be broken.
This means that the image size should be less than 3535 x 3535 (Obviously if one side is shorter, the other can be longer)
This is annoying, since the full size of the SR2 map is 5808 x 5642, so accuracy will have to be sacrificed.
edit: Specifically, map images will have to be reduced to at least 75%. Fortunately, it's a simple matter to scale the placement of the markers, so it is only resolution that is sacrificed, and accuracy will still be within 1 pixel :)
- As it turns out, you can determine the maximum allowed size using the ratio of the image.
- ((12500000 * ratio) ^ 0.5) and ((12500000 / ratio) ^ 0.5) will give you the maximum width and height of an image.
- In this case, the image is 4300 x 3400 and must be resized to 3975 x 3144
- 3975 x 3144 = 12493425, as close to 12.5 million as we can get
- 452, 2012-04-21T03:38:32Z
- And the max size of the 5808 x 5642 SR2 map is 3586 x 3485
- 452, 2012-04-21T03:45:21Z