Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
As you may know, Saints Row games on PC normally come with Digital Restriction Measures which force you to connect to the internet and install Steam, even if you purchase the physical disc.
But now, perhaps thanks to Deep Silver's ownership, Saints Row 2 and Saints Row: The Third are both finally available without DRM. No third party bloatware or internet connection required to install.
- http://www.gog.com/game/saints_row_2 $4
- http://www.gog.com/game/saints_row_the_third_the_full_package $5
I've used GOG.com since it was still called "Good Old Games", and would recommend it to anyone. (System Shock 2 is also available there, and is the only place to buy a digital copy without DRM)
Saints Row 2 has previously been available without DRM, but this is the first time - to my knowledge - that Saints Row: The Third has been available this way. It's better late than never, I suppose, and perhaps Saints Row IV and Gat out of Hell will be added in future.
Edit: As of June 2016, no other Saints Row games have been added to GOG.
- Of course, Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package normally doesn't come with the Online Pass pre-unlocked, so this will be the first thing I test after I download it.
- 452, 2015-05-11T22:48:14Z
- Saints Row 2 is currently US$2.49
- Saints Row: The Third is currently US$3.79
- 452, 2016-06-16T01:05:26Z
- The GOG version of Saints Row 2 runs perfectly.
- I was a little worried that the gaming laptop I was testing it on would be overpowered, since people always complain about the game running too fast, but it's fine.
- At 1920x1080, the HUD is the correct aspect ratio, and even with all settings at maximum, the Jailbreak boat sequence doesn't even have the noticeable slowdown that happens on xbox.
- I've also now confirmed that it's possible to pause+exit out of Jailbreak on PC.
- 452, 2016-06-27T02:17:32Z
- I get no errors when accessing the co-op menus, so apparently this means the Online Pass as been removed in the GOG version.
- Unfortunately, this doesn't help people who bought The Full Package for xbox hoping to be able to play over system link.
- 452, 2016-06-27T02:50:46Z
- Cars also handle fine.
- The only other experience I've had with Saints Row 2 on a PC was on a computer built in the Doom 3 era with the best AGP graphics card there ever was. This PC was already 5 years old when SR2 came out, so was obviously below the ideal specs. It ran Bioshock okay, but as you would expect, SR2 ran like shit. But it ran like shit because of the hardware.
- This is the first time I've ever tested SR2 on a newer PC, and it ran fine, which gives me a second data-point about something I've long suspected: People who complain about how Saints Row 2 on PC may just have a shitty computer, or at least a shitty combination of hardware.
- 452, 2016-06-27T03:26:14Z (last edited: 452, 2016-06-27T03:27:17Z)