- This page was originally a draft page, but since the info on it has now been used in an article, this has been changed to a forum post
The overarching reason behind the cleanup of stub business pages is to remove redundant categories. many articles are tagged with location/businesses/companies/stores/buildings - either all, or various combination. Master Sima Yi wants orderly categories, so these redundancies must be fixed.
- At the end of this, the business/building/company/brands categories will not exist. As per Talk:Stilwater_Businesses:
- Stores keep their own pages, and are listed on Stores, tagged as "Stores"
- Enterable/mission buildings keep their own pages, and are tagged as "Buildings", and "Clubs"
- Buildings which cannot be entered, and are not mentioned in missions are redirected, and (updated 02:39, September 5, 2012 (UTC)) are listed on the article for the neighborhood or district where they appear.
- Brands of items in the game, such as car manufactures and clothing companies are listed in the trivia for related articles
- Nothing should ever be deleted. All information should be kept, only reorganised.
There is a gray area, and some overlap between Brands and Businesses, because some brands, like Akustics, also have buildings. Car manufactures are more Brands that Businesses, as they do not (usually) have buildings in Stilwater. It is common to say "What brand of car do you have?", rather than "Which company made your car?"
In the gray area, there are notable exceptions.
- Channel 6 is a business which you never directly interact with. However, there is a great amount of information available, such as the names of reporters and multiple shows aired, so it should remain an article.
- Note:I have now moved the information on businesses to the Stilwater Businesses article.
- Note:I have now moved the information on brands back to the Brands article.
-452, 2011-02-25 05:27:14
- Note: Both of those articles are being removed, with information being moved to related article pages only. 452 02:39, September 5, 2012 (UTC)