Accessing DLC across multiple profiles, is it possible? I have the original hardrive, but a new console, and the profiles are both on the the hardrive, will I be able to play the DLC on the new profile if the old profile downloaded it?
- I have no solid answer, and I don't have personal experience with this, but why don't you just play it with the old profile? Why are there two profiles involved?
- Regardless, it's my understanding that you purchase DLC it is associated with your profile, and when you download it to your console, it becomes locally associated with your console. Meaning:
- Your profile can play the DLC anywhere
- Any profile on your xbox can play the DLC
- It's also my understanding that if you copy your profile to a different xbox, then connect to xbox live, you can download the DLC there, with the same rules.
- It's also my understanding that there is "license transfer" mechanism whereby you can transfer ownership of the DLC from your old profile to your new profile.
- Like I said, I don't have personal experience with any of this, but I've looked into it a little when trying to work out how the hell I can buy DLC without having to take my xbox to starbucks.
- Edit: Also, why don't you turn the xbox on and find out?
- 452, 2013-09-26T11:22:14Z