- For the Tow Truck vehicle, see Shaft
Upon entering a Shaft, there is an onscreen prompt to start the Tow Truck Diversion. The concept of towing vehicles is introduced in the mission "Three Kings", which features towing the vehicle of someone who owes money to Carlos.
In this Diversion, a series of vehicles must be towed to the nearest Car Mechanic location. The owners of the vehicles are always standing nearby and attack when approaching. Cash is awarded based on the damage level of the repossessed car.
Some levels of this diversion feature gang and law enforcement vehicles, and towing them gives more units of Notoriety.
It is not possible to repair the Shaft, or to switch Shafts mid-diversion, and it is not possible to leave the Shaft for more than 30 seconds. Forgive and Forget is unavailable and doesn't remove Notoriety.
Completion of this Diversion is one of the requirements for the Blue Collar Achievement.
- Vehicles Towed
- Cash Earned as Tow Truck Driver
|Level||Cash||Distance||Time Bonus||Vehicles||Owners||Vehicle||Notoriety||Owner type||Weapon|
|1||50||75||90||1||1||Varsity (Beater)||0||Civilian||Butterfly Knife|
|2||100||100||80||1||1||Mockingbird (Beater)||0||Civilian||Baseball Bat|
- See also: Tips
- Exit and move away from the Shaft when being attacked, so that it is not damaged.
- This Diversion can be started in different areas around Stilwater with different geography, which can make it easier.
- The Barrio parking garage has target cars which spawn at the very top level, which can be difficult.
- Temporarily reducing the game difficulty level greatly helps to finish this Diversion.
- According to the game data files, killing the owner of the target vehicle would originally fail the Diversion.
- If the target vehicle is destroyed, another target spawns at the next closest location.