- For the Tow Truck vehicle, see Shaft
Upon entering a Shaft Tow Truck, the player is given the option to start the Tow Truck Diversion. The concept of towing vehicles is introduced in the mission "Three Kings", when Carlos asks to tow Ramon's vehicle who owes him money.
In this Diversion, the player must repossess a series of vehicles and tow them to the nearest Mechanic location. The owners of the vehicles are always standing nearby and attack if the player is spotted. Cash is awarded, based on the damage level of the repossessed car.
In some levels of this diversion, gang and law enforcement vehicles must be repossessed. Towing them gives more units of Notoriety (2 or 3).
It is not possible to repair the Shaft or switch Shafts mid-mission, and it is not possible to leave your Shaft for more than 30 seconds.
Completion of this Diversion is one of the requirements for the Blue Collar Achievement.
There are 2 Statistics for this Diversion in the Diversions menu
- Vehicles Towed
- Cash Earned as Tow Truck Driver
|Level||Cash||Distance||Time Bonus||Vehicles||Owners||Vehicle||Notoriety||Owner type||Weapon|
|1||50||75||90||1||1||Varsity (Beater)||0||Civilian||Butterfly Knife|
|2||100||100||80||1||1||Mockingbird (Beater)||0||Civilian||Baseball Bat|
- Upgrading the Shaft at the Mechanic before starting this Diversion is essential.
- As the Shaft cannot be repaired or switched mid-mission, so one important tactic is to always jump out of the vehicle when shooting at someone, so that they do not damage the Tow Truck.
- If this Diversion is started near a parking garage, such as in the Barrio District, target cars can spawn at the very top level, and it is very difficult to drive up and down quickly without damaging the vehicle, so it is best to perform this Diversion in an area without parking garages, such as the Suburbs District.
- Temporarily reducing the game difficulty level greatly helps finish this Diversion.
- After towing required vehicle and gaining Notoriety, drive straightly to Mechanic location. Forgive and Forget is unavailable during Diversion and doesn't remove Notoriety.
- According to text found in the game data files, it was not allowed to kill the owner of the vehicle that was repossessed, but this was changed in the final game.
|See Activity Task Force for ways to improve this article.|