Upon entering a Shaft, there is an onscreen prompt to start the Tow Truck Diversion. The concept of towing vehicles is introduced in the mission "Three Kings", which features towing Ramon's vehicle who owes money to Carlos.
In this Diversion, a series of vehicles must be towed to the nearest Car Mechanic location. The owners of the vehicles are always standing nearby and attack when approaching. Cash is awarded based on the damage level of the repossessed car.
The Shaft cannot be repaired, left for more than 30 seconds, or switched to a new Shaft mid-diversion. Forgive and Forget is unavailable and doesn't remove Notoriety.
- Vehicles Towed
- Cash Earned as Tow Truck Driver
|1||50||75||90||1||1||Varsity (Beater)||0||Civilian||Butterfly Knife|
|2||100||100||80||1||1||Mockingbird (Beater)||0||Civilian||Baseball Bat|
- Exit and move away from the Shaft when being attacked, so that it is not damaged.
- This Diversion can be started in different areas around Stilwater with different geography, which can make it easier:
- Temporarily reducing the game difficulty level greatly helps finishing this Diversion.
- Killing the owner of the target vehicle was originally intended to fail the Diversion.
- If the target vehicle is destroyed, another target spawns at the next closest location.
- Target vehicles have more hitpoints than normal and are able to withstand more impact.
- ↑ Note: The vehicle is wanted by the Downtown Chop Shop
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Note: The vehicle is wanted by the Suburbs Chop Shop
- ↑ Note: Fire Truck, Taxi Driver and Ambulance EMT Diversions must be completed too.
- ↑ Game data: "DIVERSION_TOW_TRUCK_FAIL_OWNER_KILLED_TEXT = You can't kill the vehicle's owner!"