|Story arc||3rd Street Saints|
|Objective(s)||• Go to Saints HQ |
• Go to a Battle Location
• Clear the Area
• Go to a Battle Location
• Clear the Area
• Go to the Armory
• Clear the Armory
• Eliminate Killbane or Save Shaundi
• Help Angel
• Stop Killbane's Airplane
• Get to the Statue
• Bombs Removed 0/8
• Proceed Up the Statue
• Bombs Removed 4/8
• Proceed Up the Statue
• Kill Kia
|Reward(s)||Eliminate Killbane |
• STAG N-Forcer
|A picture is worth 1000 words. |
Improve this article by adding an image.
The Protagonist travels to the now destroyed Saints's HQ to meet with Pierce and Oleg about the "Gangstas in Space" movie and comic. After a brief conversation, a F-69 VTOL randomly crashes into the building. Looking outside of the building they see that there are several buildings burning and there's smoke everywhere.
They head outside and go to one of the sites where the worst fighting between the Luchadores and STAG is taking place. They go there and take out everyone. The Protagonist asks Kinzie to listen in on the police to find the places where the worst fighting is taking place.
There are three locations where the conflict is biggest so The Protagonist, Pierce and Oleg head over to one of the locations and clear out everyone. After they're done at the first location they head to a second one. There they clear out everyone as well. Then Kinzie calls saying they need to go to the Sierra Point military base where the Luchadores and STAG are fighting as well.
Once they're done at Sierra Point The Protagonist receives a call from Angel. Angel tells The Protagonist that Killbane is trying to escape Steelport so The Protagonist wants to head over there. But then Kia calls The Protagonist saying she's gonna show Steelport that the 3rd Street Saints are nothing more than criminals by blowing up the Statue of Steelport with Shaundi, Viola, Burt Reynolds and several Saints beneath it so they will be found in the wreckage so the people will think the Saints destroyed the statue. So The Protagonist must make a choice, save Shaundi and the others or go after Killbane and destroy the Luchadores once and for all. Pierce recommends to save Shaundi. Oleg prefers to kill Killbane.
When The Protagonist decides to go after Killbane, The Protagonist heads to the airport to meet up with Angel. Angel is being attacked by STAG. So The Protagonist helps him to take them out. After they are taken care of they get into a car and head to the airport. Angel is driving the car and The Protagonist uses an Annihilator RPG to take out the airplane Killbane is using to try and escape Steelport. Believeing Killbane to be dead, the player inspects the wreckage, only to reveal that Killbane has survived. After a brief argument the two fight, which ends with Killbane being beaten badly and eventually killed. The Protagonist hearing the bomb explode on Magarac Island. Monica Hughes says to Cyrus Temple that it's time to bring in the Daedalus
When The Protagonist decides to save Shaundi The Protagonist travels to the docks to meet Kinzie. Then The Protagonist heads over to the monument, letting Killbane escape. Kia has placed 8 bombs on the statue so the first thing The Protagonist does is remove the bombs with the Sonic Boom. When The Protagonist has removed all bombs The Protagonist heads up to the top of the top of the building. There Kia is ready to meet The Protagonist, holding Shaundi hostage. Viola and Burt Reynolds are tied down on the ground. So The Protagonist uses flashbangs to force Kia to let go of Shaundi much like the time Veteran Child held Shaundi hostage, or you can simply shoot Kia in the head, preferably with an accurate rifle like the AR-55 or McManus 2015. Once Kia is dead the Saints head down to the base of the building where they meet Monica Hughes. Cyrus Temple moves in to take the Saints prisoner but Monica Hughes tells him to stand down since the Saints saved the statue and are now heroes. Cyrus and STAG are forced to leave, but warns The Protagonist that the next time they "screw up", they'll be back. Pierce asks The Protagonist if it's time to go back to Stilwater and The Protagonist answers not yet.
The mission completion screen is not shown after saving Shaundi, so there are no direct rewards for that choice.
- • Cash: $20,000 ^
• Respect: ? ^
• Achievement: None
• Mission: Gangstas in Space or Stag Film
• STAG N-Forcer ^
- In the second half of the mission, an infinite remix of the song "Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler plays as background music. The normal track can also be heard on The Mix.
- The choice of "Holding Out for a Hero" song by Bonnie Tyler could have been inspired by "Short Circuit 2" movie final chase scene.
- During the skirmish at the Steelport National Guard Armory, Pierce asks if anyone has anything to say, since they might die there. While Oleg reveals his feelings for Kinzie, Pierce does not reveal anything, and The Protagonist reveals a deep secret about themselves, depending on which voice they've chosen.
- He's read Jane Eyre thirteen times (Male 1)
- He has an irrational fear of bees (Male 2)
- He calls chips "fries" (Male 3)
- She's on a co-ed Curling team (Female 1)
- She want to make love with Pierce on stage in front of an audience (Female 2)
- She collect glass unicorns (Female 3)
- They're fluent in six languages (Zombie).
- Killbane is seen wearing his mask during the cutscene where he is escaping to his plane, regardless if you removed it from him during Murderbrawl XXXI. This occurs as it is a pre-recorded cutscene, and not an in-engine cutscene. After destroying Killbane's plane, the mask choice will be respected.
- Josh Birk and Zimos are the only allies who do not appear in this mission in any way.
- Prior to starting this mission, Pierce, Shaundi, Angel, Oleg, Viola and Burt Reynolds cannot be called up as homies. Kinzie, Zimos and Josh Birk can be called before starting the mission.
- The term "Three-way" is sexual slang used to describe sex between three people, and refers to the fact that the mission entails a 3-way fight between the Saints, the Luchadores, and STAG.
- In the first cutscene of this mission Pierce mentions that the MC is requested to play in the Gangstas in Space film, the MC then responds that they're done being corporate whores.
- Completing this mission forces the final Assassination target, Mr. Hess, to be unlocked if he was not already.
- After completing Three Way in either way, the bridges around Downtown will be lowered, but after saving and reloading they will be raised.
- The all-out war between the Luchadores and STAG is what Killbane was talking about in the cutscene after Murderbrawl XXXI. He stated that he "gets to fiddle when [Steelport] burns".
- Choosing to kill Killbane unlocks the mission Stag Film. After completing Stag Film, the player is awarded the "Too Close to the Son" Trophy or Achievement which contains the description "Complete Act 3 in one way".
- The statue on Magarac Island will be shown destroyed regardless of the order the two final missions are completed.
- In a glitch if you choose to kill Killbane, Killbane will not attack you at all unless you taunt him.
- Throughout the game, The Protagonist's Cellphone ringtone is a variation of the game's main theme. In the cutscene after killing Killbane, The Protagonist's phone uses a generic digital ring. This was likely done to preserve the emotional impact of the scene.
- Recruiting homies may cause the mission to glitch - either Angel will not drive or one player will be left out of the car.
- While The Protagonist has often been portrayed through-out the series as a ruthless psychopath, he has always been shown to be loyal to his allies through-out the history of the series, so it is uncharacteristic that he would leave his friends to die if he had an opportunity to save them.
- Although Shaundi, Viola and Burt Reynolds are killed, they can still be called in the Cell Phone menu after completing the 'Save Shaundi' ending as well.
- Oleg tells you that you should go after Killbane, stating that... "Killbane is why you're here. Don't let everything Shaundi and Viola have fought for be for nothing".
- Sometimes, a glitch will occur during the fight between The Protagonist and Killbane where they slam his head on the plane's wreckage - yet they appear to slam his head on air.
- Choosing to save Shaundi and Viola unlocks the mission Gangstas in Space (Mission) which gives the player the achievement/trophy "Gangstas... In Space!" which contains the description "Complete Act 3 in another way."
- Kinzie says that she "isn't a walking Deus Ex Machina". The term Deus Ex Machina refers to a plot device in which an impossible problem is solved by an unlikely last-minute event. This is also the source of the name for the video game Deus Ex, in which the Statue of Liberty has been destroyed as part of a similar conspiracy.
- If other weapons as used against Kia, such as the Sonic Boom or Electric Grenades, Kia will let go of Shaundi, who can then be recruited as a Homie.
- After stunning Kia with a Fart in a Jar, throw an electric grenade at her to release Shaundi. But if a second Fart in a Jar is used, Shaundi will automatically go back into Kia's arms.
- If freed and recruited, Shaundi can do quite a bit of damage to Kia in a very short period of time; about 25% of Kia's total health before she reloads.
- It is possible to use the Sonic Boom to make Kia fall to her death.
- This mission is very similar to the mission Veteran Child in Saints Row 2. In both missions, Shaundi is taken hostage and used as a human shield, and you must use a Flashbang (or in Saint's Row: The Third's case, Fart in a Jar) to separate them so you can attack.
- There is no end cutscene or mission completion screen after saving Shaundi. Gangstas in Space begins automatically, but can be exited. If the game is saved and reloaded, Gangstas in Space begins automatically.
- While there are no rewards after this mission for saving Shaundi, completing Gangstas in Space has a $100,000 reward, whereas Stag Film has no cash reward.
- Viola and Burt are not shown leaving the Statue in the cutscene at the start of Gangstas in Space.
- Pierce tells you to save Shaundi and Viola, stating that... "You can't make it to both and you can't let Shaundi die. Fuck Killbane, he ain't worth losing our girls.".
- Shaundi, Viola and Burt cannot be called as homies during this mission, but all other homies can. Pierce and Oleg being homies when the mission starts.
- This ending is the canon ending, and Saints Row IV continues on from it.