|Story arc||3rd Street Saints (prologue)|
|Cutscene(s)||• "Hiring Rush" |
• "Welcome to the Third Street Saints"
|Objective(s)||• Go to the Suburbs |
• Recruit Lieutenants for the Saints
• Hit the jumps
• Shaundi is satisfied. Find another Lieutenant
• Use the tow truck to tow the car
• Carlos is satisfied. Find another Lieutenant
• Kill the Ronin
• Pierce is satisfied. Find another Lieutenant
|Reward(s)||• $1,000 |
• One Follower (recruit one Homie)
- "SAINTS RESURRECTED"
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
As they remove the dead bodies from the newly established Saints Hideout, The Protagonist and Johnny Gat discuss forming the crew. The Protagonist remembers Carlos, and Gat notes two people he met when he was in jail, but warns that The Protagonist will need to prove themselves first.
After recruiting Carlos, Shaundi, and Pierce, they return to the Saints Hideout to find Gat canonizing some new recruits. In a scene reminiscent of the "Divide and Conquer" cutscene in the Saints Row mission "Reclamation", The Protagonist takes charge and gives a short speech on wiping out all three opposing gangs and retaking Stilwater. They assign Pierce to handle The Ronin, Shaundi to handle the Sons of Samedi, and Carlos to handle The Brotherhood. With the mission finished, the player is given their first real choice in the game: what gang do they want to take out first?
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files, and can be read in-game upon completion of the mission. To do this, simply select the mission for replay at a Newspaper Clipboard.
Apparently, it has all been leading up to this. It began with a presumably benign prison break, but it has ended with the resurrection of the dreaded Third Street Saints. Residents have reported multiple sightings of the purple clad crew roaming the area, doing anything and everything to impress possible recruits -- from gang related killings to dangerous joyriding. The gang has kept relatively quiet, but we at the Stilwater Gazette can only assume this is indeed just the calm before the storm.
There are three lieutenants located in the Suburbs District that the player will need to recruit to complete this mission. Shaundi is located in the Quinbecca neighborhood in the Suburbs Expansion District, and Carlos and Pierce are located in the western and eastern sections of Misty Lane in the Suburbs District respectively. Each of them require the player complete a short task before they'll join the 3rd Street Saints.
Shaundi directs the player to three Stunt Jumps nearby. Players only need to drive through the corona to complete the jump; landing the jump isn't all too important. If players plan on completing all Stunt Jumps later, they should keep in mind that after this mission, three of them will already be completed. Also keep in mind that one should not rush to the first Stunt Jump - it is surrounded by water with only two thin pathways leading to it, and players who get ahead of themselves may end up quickly driving into the water to find themselves without a car.
Carlos requires the player get in the Shaft with him and drive west to Mourning Woods Cemetery, where the player must repossess a Reaper (in co-op, the vehicle is a Buffalo) from Ramon, a character who owes Carlos money. Once the vehicle is hitched, the player must tow it back to where they met Carlos. Although this isn't a long distance away, players will immediately notice an incredible difference in the handling of the vehicle, so remember to drive slowly. Ultimately, this section serves to introduce the Tow Truck Diversion.
Pierce simply wants to kill nearby Ronin. There are only nine of them to kill spread over three different locations, but they won't put up much of a fight.
The mission ends once all three lieutenants have been recruited. When playing the mission in co-op, both players must be together to start each lieutenant's request. By finding a four door car, only one person has to do the stunt jumping (it counts for both players if they're both in the car, but Shaundi must be in the car as well). Two tow trucks are provided, but there's still only one car to repossess, which is now a Buffalo instead of a Reaper.
- • Cash: $1,000
• Respect: None
• Achievement: Welcome Back (5)
• Mission: Got Dust, Will Travel, First Impressions, Saint's Seven
• One Follower (can recruit one Homie)
- Main article: Newscasts
- Jane Valderamma: Like Saint Nick stuffing candies in a child's shoe, an anonymous individual hid goodies of a different sort in the Stilwater river. This morning bodies of several homeless as well as those belonging to a street gang known as the "Sons of Samedi" were found floating down the coast. Could this be a bloody portion of things to come? Only time will tell. I'm Jane Valderamma, Channel 6 news.
"Hiring Rush" cutscene Edit
The Protagonist: "Yo, we gotta clean this place out."
Johnny Gat: "Yo, I'm not a fuckin' janitor..."
The Protagonist: "No shit, you're a goddamn diva."
Johnny Gat: "Come on, this is the kind of shit people who just got canonized should have to do."
The Protagonist: "Good idea, we'll just ask some of the crew for help. Hey buddy, wanna help? No? Looks like we're doin' this ourselves."
Johnny Gat: "That's my point. We can't really run a gang if we don't have, ya know, A FUCKING GANG."
The Protagonist: "You said it yourself, most of the old crew are either dead or busted by Troy... we're gonna have to start fresh."
Johnny Gat: "Yeah, well let's get on that, 'cause I'm done moppin' up blood."
The Protagonist: "This kid named Carlos helped me bust out, he seems alright, but we're gonna need more... whatchu thinkin'?"
Johnny Gat: "Yo, I met some people in jail who might work, lemme make some calls. Once I find out where these bitches are you're gonna have to show them you're the real deal though... they won't just follow anybody."
The Protagonist: "It won't be a problem."
Johnny Gat: "Hey, before you go, what sort of crew are you lookin' for?"
Carlos: "How ya been?"
The Protagonist: "Busy."
Carlos: "Yeah, I heard what you did at Johnny's trial..."
|The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "I couldn't let my boy fry. You know Gat from jail?"|
|The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "I couldn't let my boy fry. You know Gat from jail?"|
|The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "I couldn't let my boy fry. You know Gat from jail?"|
|The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "I couldn't let him fry. You know Gat from jail?"|
|The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "I couldn't let him fry. You know Gat from jail?"|
|The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "I couldn't let him fry. You know Gat from jail?"|
The Protagonist: "He's happy enough when he's killing somebody. Seriously though, he's a good guy, just don't piss him off."
Carlos: "[On the phone] Hey Ramon, what's up?"
Carlos: "Listen, I don't got a lot of time. I was just calling to let you know that I stole your car."
Carlos: "Are you there? Great. Here's the deal, if you don't want your car cubed, I really suggest you pay me what you owe me. Talk to ya later, Ramon."
Carlos: "So, am I in the Saints?"
The Protagonist: "Yeah, you're in, Carlos. I'll meet you at the old mission."
Carlos: "See ya then."
Pierce: "Sup, I'm Pierce. If I'm gonna run with you, I wanna see you fuck some Ronin up."
Pierce: "I'm definitely down for bein' with your crew."
The Protagonist: "Good, meet me at the abandoned mission house."
Pierce: "I'll be there."
Shaundi: "Hey, I'm Shaundi, whaddya say you show me what you can do in that thing?"
The Protagonist: "Whatchu say we go and meet the rest of the boys, Shaundi?"
Shaundi: "Good times, let's go."
"Welcome to the Third Street Saints" cutscene Edit
Johnny Gat: "I had to do some canonizing. Hold up..."
Johnny Gat: "You... you're next."
3rd Street Saints gang member: "Wait, what?"
Johnny Gat: "Sorry 'bout that."
Protagonist: "Where'd you find these guys?"
Johnny Gat: "Like I said, I made some calls..."
Carlos: "You guys actually hang out down here?"
Shaundi: "I dunno... add a flat screen, some throw pillows, and a hookah and this place would be alright."
Pierce: "You definitely need a stripper pole in this bitch."
Johnny Gat: "Definitely."
The Protagonist: "Oh yeah."
Shaundi: "What do we do now?"
Johnny Gat: "We listen."
The Protagonist: "Alright, everybody listen up, we got some serious shit to discuss. The Saints used to own Stilwater and it seems like the only muthafuckas that remember that is me and Gat. I think it's time we gave those other crews a wake up call."
The Protagonist: "Now I ain't gonna lie, a lotta shit's changed since I've been outta the game, so I'm gonna need some help. Pierce, you're on the Ronin. I wanna know who's callin' the shots and what businesses they're runnin'."
The Protagonist: "Shaundi, you got the Sons of Samedi."
Shaundi: "It's gotta be them?"
The Protagonist: "Fuck you say?"
Shaundi: "It's cool... I... I got this."
The Protagonist: "Carlos..."
Carlos: "The Brotherhood, I'm on it."
The Protagonist: "'Aight. Once we're done here, talk to one of these guys. They'll have something for you to do. It's our time now. Let's get this shit started."
- In the opening cutscene, before The Protagonist leaves the hideout, Johnny Gat asks them what kind of gang they want, although the player is never given a choice. This may have originally been an introduction to Gang Customization.
- In single player, Carlos asks The Protagonist to repossess a Reaper, and when he is later unlocked as a Homie after completing "Red Asphalt" and calling Eye for an Eye, he drives one.
- The speech The Protagonist delivers at the end of the mission pays homage to the speech Julius Little gave at the end of the mission "Reclamation" in Saints Row as there are many similarities, though a few smaller ones may just be coincidences:
- Both start the speech by stating that they have "some serious shit to discuss".
- The first lieutenant the leader assigns to a gang is African American (Dex, Los Carnales/Pierce, Ronin).
- The first lieutenant assigned to the second gang (Troy, Vice Kings/Shaundi, Sons of Samedi) questions it, prompting the leader to reply with "Fuck you say?"
- The lieutenant working on the second gang (Johnny Gat, Vice Kings/Shaundi, Sons of Samedi) gets kidnapped and rescued in a mission (Green With Envy/Veteran Child (Mission)).
- The lieutenant assigned to the third gang (Lin, Westside Rollerz/Carlos, Brotherhood) later dies in a mission (Liberation/Red Asphalt) and after completing that gang's storyline, can be unlocked as a zombie homie (Zombie Lin/Zombie Carlos).
- The third gang (Westside Rollerz/Brotherhood) has Donnie as a member.
- Both end the speech by saying "Once you're done here go talk to one of these guys. They'll have something for you to do. It's our time now. Let's get this shit started".
- The Reaper spawns when Carlos is approached, but can never be stolen.
- Carlos speaks when inside any vehicle, and will pause if the vehicle is exited.
- 2012-11-14 - Second car?