|The Shopping Maul|
? marked, ? minimum kills
- Mall closed for renovations
- — Ultor Times newspaper headline
Using the surveillance equipment acquired in the previous mission, the 3rd Street Saints locate The General in his Hounfor. The Protagonist and Shaundi quickly rush to Rounds Square Shopping Center and set up an ambush; when The General passes, the 3rd Street Saints smash a Cheetah into his Hounfor, ramming it off the road and forcing him to seek shelter in the nearby mall.
The Protagonist and Shaundi chase after The General and, although he attempts to fight back in a custom Bulldog, manage to kill him. Victorious, The Protagonist takes a cigar from The General's corpse and lights it triumphantly, before walking off with Shaundi, safe in the knowledge that the Sons of Samedi are defeated.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
It can be read in-game upon completion of the mission by selecting the mission at a Newspaper Clipboard.
- Head to the ambush location
- Kill The General's escort
Kill the eleven bodyguards. It's best to stay at the top of the stairs, as extra Sons of Samedi enemies may flank The Protagonist from behind at the bottom.
- Go after The General!
Chase after The General when he exits his Hounfor and enters the elevator down towards the mall.
- Track down The General
Once in the mall, head to the back, gunning down the relatively light opposition. Ignore waiting for Shaundi here, as she isn't much help.
- Kill The General
Once at the back, The General attempts to run over The Protagonist in his custom Bulldog. A nearby Toad is marked to give chase in order to kill The General. Once the Bulldog loses most of its health, it catches on fire, causing it to explode and killing The General inside.
- Cash: $50,000
- Respect: None
- Achievement: Remind Me of the Babe (40)
- Neighborhood: Prawn Court
- Vehicle: The General's Bulldog
- Samedi vehicles: (Stiletto, Churchill, Danville, Wellington)
- Player Customization: Samedi Personality
- Homie: Shaundi
- The ambush takes place on the other side of the stairs where the 3rd Street Saints ambushed the funeral procession in the Saints Row mission "Hail to the Chief".
- The Hounfor can be stolen after the driver gets out. If The General's bodyguards have not been killed, The General remains in the vehicle. If The General leaves the vehicle and makes it into the mall, the Hounfor explodes.
- It is possible to pull The General out of the Hounfor without failing the mission by using the Shaft to tow the limo. Shaundi or another Homie can also pull The General out. The General remains invulnerable and fights The Protagonist or Homies with fists or any weapon he picks up.
- Shaundi cannot be recruited as a Homie during the boss fight against The General.
- The Achievement for completing this mission, "Remind Me of the Babe", is a reference to a quote from the 1986 film Labyrinth.
- This is the only mission where the Samedi use vehicles inside the mall. Outside of this mission, Ultor security use Toads.
- If Shaundi is called in as a Homie before replaying the mission from the Newspaper Clipboard, there will be two Shaundis following The Protagonist, but one will disappear before the boss fight with The General.
- According to the subtitles, either a white or asian 3rd Street Saints member may find the limo.
- 3rd Street Saints gang member: "Holy shit..."
3rd Street Saints gang member: "I found the limo!"
The Protagonist: "Yo Shaundi, where the hell are you?"Shaundi: "Sup?"The Protagonist: "Fuckin' A...Yo Shaundi, where the hell are you?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "Yo Shaundi, where the hell are you?"
The Protagonist: "Get up, we gotta get movin'..."
Shaundi: "What, you're actually taking me along"
The Protagonist: "I can't get a hold of Pierce."
Shaundi: "Thanks...I guess..."
The Protagonist: "You're welcome, now get up, we gotta catch that limo."
- — "Stakeout" cutscene
- Shaundi: "Where are we goin'?"The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Some of the boys are setting up a trap by the mall..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "The General was headed towards the mall, We gotta beat him there..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "The General's headed to the mall, and we got a little surprise for him..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "The General's headed towards the mall, and we gotta get there before he does..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "The mall, we're gonna set up a welcoming party for The General..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "The mall. We're hitting that asshole before he has a chance to disapear again..."
- Here he comes, get ready!
- — Shaundi, "Ambush" cutscene
- The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Kill all those mother fuckers!"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "Take 'em out!"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "*speaks Spanish*"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "Let's go boys!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Kill the rest, but The General's mine!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "*speaks Spanish*"
- — Labelled "Ambush"
- It's no use, that thing is built like a tank!
- — Shaundi, after shooting The General's Hounfor
- Boss, The General's getting away!
- — Shaundi, after all bodyguards are killed
- He's getting away!
- — Shaundi
"Dishonorable Discharge" cutsceneEdit
- Shaundi: "Is he dead?"
The Protagonist: "You gotta light?"
Shaundi: "That's it huh?"
The Protagonist: "Seein' as we stole their drugs, cornered the loa dust market, took their territory, and killed their leader I'm pretty sure the Sons of Samedi are fucked."
Shaundi: "So...how'd I do?"
The Protagonist: "We'll he's dead and you're not, so I'd say pretty Goddamn good."
Shaundi: "So you think I could take Gat?"
The Protagonist: "Not on your fuckin' life."
Shaundi: "What about Pierce?"
The Protagonist: "Probably not."
Shaundi: "Veteran Child?"
The Protagonist: "Seeing as he's dead, I'm pretty sure you'd kick his ass."
Shaundi: "You're an asshole...."
The Protagonist: "eh..."
- — "Dishonorable Discharge" cutscene