|Leader(s)||Kazuo Akuji (International)|
Shogo Akuji (Stilwater)
|Weapons||Samurai Sword, Dual Samurai Swords, Vice 9 (sometimes silenced), GAL 43, K6 Krukov|
|Vehicles||Kenshin, Tetsuo, Kaneda, Hayate Z70, Wakazashi, Zircon, Tornado, Python|
Hotels & Marina
High End Retail
|Businesses||Protection rackets, drug trafficking, gambling, pornography and prostitution|
|Game(s)||Saints Row 2 |
Saints Row: Total Control
Saints Row IV
Their gang colors are glossy yellow and matte yellow, and their rackets control the gambling and prostitution that's active in Stilwater. They seem to fill the power void in control of sin crimes created by the destruction of the Vice Kings by the 3rd Street Saints. The Ronin are also rumored to be the Buyers mentioned in the Westside Rollerz story of Saints Row.[reference?] The Ronin are also stated to be the most powerful Yakuza in the world.
Shogo Akuji left Japan to spread The Ronin to America, one of the newest gangs to establish itself in Stilwater with their ruthless violence. Recruiting from both the city's Asian and Caucasian population, the gang grew in numbers, attracted by the flashy bikes and custom leathers. Their crimes involve peddling vice through gambling, prostitution, street-racing, and protection rackets, and their power has reached even into the boardroom of corporations like Ultor. American faction leader Shogo, as Johnny Gat put it, "spends more time on his hair than his bike". This gives the impression that he does more gang claiming than gangbanging.
The Ronin are a Yakuza faction with traits from Japanese Bōsōzoku biker gangs, with deeply held traditions and respectable honor above all else. The Ronin are very turf oriented, believing in flying their flags in enemy neighborhoods despite the risk (as shown when one was caught by Johnny Gat). Patrolling territory on yellow bikes and in flag colors, The Ronin will disrespect enemies caught in their area and will quickly attack when provoked. Being a respected gang, it is clear The Ronin have had to do some killing, top spots in gangland Stilwater don't just get handed over. Even though members actively and oftentimes take part in gang shootings and killings, members also stick true to their name. It would seem that possession of a samurai sword is appointed after membership, as every member carries one on the back of their yellow or black jackets, a few members of The Ronin make references to training at the dojo, suggesting the gang has its own training facilities.
They wear a yellow and black leather jacket, yellow shirt, belt, white pants (also yellow on some members) and a samurai sword attached to the back of their jackets.
The Ronin are a primarily Asian American gang with some African-American and Caucasian-American whose colour is yellow and whose symbol is a Chinese dragon. Their leader is Shogo Akuji, and his lieutenant is Jyunichi, second-in command. Their international leader is Kazuo Akuji, Shogo's father. They reside in the suburban area of Stilwater, and they listen to techno music. They are specialized in illegal gambling activities and counterfeiting money. They drive Japanese sport-bikes and imports, similar to the Westside Rollerz in Saints Row.
The Ronin did not initially care about the revival of the infamous 3rd Street Saints until they showed their passion to regain the city of Stilwater and eliminate every gang who comes in their way. When truly challenged, The Ronin have no problem with bringing the drama to rival turf, initially planning on entering the Saints' turf. The plan however was soiled by the leader of the 3rd Street Saints. One of the lieutenants Jyunichi took the fight into personal matters and attempted to kill both the Saints' leader and Johnny Gat. The plan, however ended with the near fatal injury of Gat and the death of his long time girlfriend Aisha. The Saints' leader however took the life of Jyunichi by receiving a tip from Shogo (although the Saints leader had no idea it was him) of Jyunichi's location. With the death of one the most important members of the gang, Shogo did not gain any more respect of his father but in fact lost respect.
They own part of the Poseidon's Palace Casino in the Hotels and Marina District, and own an underground casino in the Marshall Winslow Recreation Center. They also take part in protection rackets, as Ultor paid The Ronin to protect them. But as events unfold and Shogo proves to be a pathetic leader, Kazuo Akuji comes to America. While there he spoke on behalf of The Ronin, both the local faction and original, to negotiate the lousy protection contract Shogo had agreed to. Proving his calculated business skills, and loyalty to the gang, when he also declined Ultor's offer for not providing a larger offering at the negotiating table. The Ronin are skilled sword fighters, using katana and a Jujitsu-combat style in melee fighting.
- In Japanese, a Ronin is a samurai without a daimyo (leader). Some of The Ronin gang members make comments that although they are called "The Ronin", they do have a leader.
- Some Ronin members (notably Jyunichi) speak Japanese during cutscenes. This is left untranslated in the English version of Saints Row 2, but oddly enough they have been fully translated from japanese in the italian and french version.
- Defeating Ronin will unlock the Seppuku Achievement on Xbox 360.
- Seppuku is a form of Japanese ritual suicide originally reserved only for samurai as a part of the samurai honor code.
- They have been seen in cutscenes wielding silenced pistols.
- The Ronin Jackets are available for purchase in the DLC Corporate Warfare. The vest can be purchased in Impressions and customized with two patterns and all colors. It is not possible to add The Ronin's logo on the circle on the back of the jacket, or be able to add the sheath. A Fleur De Lis is engraved onto the back of the jacket.
- Most Ronin vehicles are set to the radio station K12.
- The Ronin and Jyunichi appear in Saints Row IV,  and in-game dialogue incorrectly refers to Jyunichi as the "head of The Ronin", but Jyunichi died before both Shogo and Kazuo, and was never leader of the Ronin.
- Unlike the other gangs in Stilwater, the Ronin's connections stretches to the Stilwater Police much like the Vice Kings as there are no Wanted posters for any Ronin members.
- The Ronin are the first gang to use swords with the Deckers being the second gang to use swords.
|See Character Task Force for ways to improve this article.|
|Characters in Saints Row 2|