Tera is a microbiologist, who worked for the Ultor Corporation before approaching the 3rd Street Saints in order to uncover some of Ultor's shady dealings, with protection in return. She appears only in the Ultor Exposed pack.
Tera had been trying to find ways to increase miners' lung capacity, but with what Ultor was doing to innocent civilians to get results she joined the 3rd Street Saints to bring all of Ultor's crimes to the public eye.
Saints Row 2: Ultor ExposedEdit
Tera meets with The Protagonist at the Saints Hideout and asks The Protagonist to dig up and find some of the bodies she did experiments on for Ultor. After six bodies are found, The Protagonist delivers them to Channel 6. When they run a cover-up story, Tera decides to come up with another way to make the news team pay attention. Tera and The Protagonist steal a Runner that Ultor is using to transport chemicals and protects it from attacking Masako forces, and they hide the truck at the airport. All of the evidence is then taken to Mount Claflin, where the Saints hold back the Masako Team, who are attempting to destroy the truck before it can be taken to the news team. After the Masako are taken care of, the truck is then taken to the news crew in their van nearby. Ultor attacks by sending Masako Vultures out in a final attempt to take out the truck and any evidence of their wrongdoings - when the helicopters are destroyed, Tera has an interview with Jane Valderama.
Tera explains to Jane that Ultor is conducting inhumane experiments, however Jane manages to twist Tera's words and create the story that Tera is a scientist gone rogue, and had done these experiments herself. After the cameras are finished rolling Jane makes a hint that Ultor paid her to make this claim and then walks away, Tera vowing vengeance against the company that both destroyed her career and her reputation internationally.
- She is based on and voiced by the famous pornographic actress Tera Patrick. In-game, her full name only appears in the cellphone after she is unlocked as a homie, and is not mentioned elsewhere.
- Like Gary Busey, Tera Patrick was apparently going to be featured extensively in the advertisement campaign of Saints Row 2. However, unlike Busey (who appeared in many trailers for the game), she only ever appeared in one Developer Diary teaser and a Deal of the Week DLC trailer for Ultor Exposed.
- Throughout Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed, there are many tongue-in-cheek references to the real Tera Patrick and her career as a pornstar.
- When Tera was nervous before doing the interview with Jane Valderama, The Protagonist suggests imagining everyone is in their underwear, to which Tera replies "No, I have a thing with nudity".
- One of her Homie lines is "Just pretend it's a fetish film".
- Her vehicle is named the Temptress - a temptress is "a woman who is considered to be dangerously seductive".
- In the game, she was a microbiologist for Ultor. In real life, Tera Patrick has a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology.
- According to in-game dialogue, Tera now works at a hospital.[quote?] In real life, Tera Patrick has an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in nursing.
- Calling Tera as a Homie for the first time unlocks the Achievement "Phone Sex", worth 20. This can only be done after completing "America's Next Top Scientist", where she is unlocked as a Homie upon completing it.
- Tera researching ways to increase miners' lung capacity is a reference to Red Faction, where Ultor uses nanotechnology.
- Tera: "I used to work for Ultor."
The Protagonist: "How? I didn't think Dane had girls like you on retainer."
Tera: "I worked at The Pyramid as a microbiologist, you judgemental prick."
The Protagonist: "A what?"
Tera: "Read a book."
- — Tera on the phone with The Protagonist during Weekend at Tera's
- Tera: "In... Out..."
The Protagonist: "The hell are you doing?"
Tera: "I'm relaxing..."
The Protagonist: "You really that afraid of looking like a fool on national television?"
Tera: "You're not helping..."
The Protagonist: "You'll be fine. Can't you just imagine people in their underwear?"
Tera: "That won't work. I've got a thing with nudity."
The Protagonist: "Then I guess you're fucked."
Tera: "Again, not helping."
- — Tera and The Protagonist during America's Next Top Scientist
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ Cutscene: Performance Anxiety
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Mission: Weekend at Tera's
- ↑ Mission: Burden of Proof
- ↑ Mission: America's Next Top Scientist
- ↑ GameTrailers.com: Saints Row 2 Video Game, Tera Patrick Dev Diaries Teaser HD / Video Clip / Game Trailers & Videos / GameTrailers.com, retrieved 5th July 2011
- ↑ GameTrailers.com: Saints Row 2 Video Game, Deal Of The Week Tera Patrick DLC Trailer HD / Video Clip / Game Trailers & Videos / GameTrailers.com, retrieved 5th July 2011
- ↑ TheFreeDictionary: Definition of temptress, retrieved 5th July 2011
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Kotaku: Pornstar Tera Patrick Will Ride Shotgun With You
- ↑ Eurogamer: Saints Row 2 - Tera Patrick
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 IMDB: Tera Patrick bio
- ↑ Tera Patrick's website: Tera Patrick profile
- ↑ Spike: Profiles in porn: Tera Patrick
- ↑ Note: When called as a homie