This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the The Penetrator article.
- If you have something to add, feel free to reply, no matter how long ago the last reply was posted
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of topics needing responses
- For general discussion, please use the forum, or a blog post instead
- Please indent (:) your comment one level deeper than the parent comment, and remember to sign (~~~~)
How is the name of this weapon known? -User452 22:22, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Who cares? If it's not correct, it will get changed when the real name (assuming that's not already it) is revealed. Plus, it's a hell of a lot better than calling it the "unidentified giant purple dildo of death what you can wallop people upside the head with for great justice." Blutteufel 17:41, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
- I care, that's why I asked the question.
- If there is an official source for the name, it should be added to the article as a reference, as with every single known fact about SRTT. -User452 21:14, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
- (Note: answer was eventually added to the article. -452 23:08, August 26, 2012 (UTC))
I have edited the references to The Penetrator but my link has shown above every other link, how can I get it to show as one of the numbered links? http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/The_Penetrator (unsigned: 22.214.171.124 19:02, November 30, 2011)
There is a Temporary melee weapon named "Baseball Bat" which uses the mesh of the Penetrator and is defined as being used in a mission.
- Either: The Penetrator was originally planned to be a temp weapon in a mission and was so good they made it a normal melee weapon.
- Or: There's a Temporary Penetrator in a mission somewhere.
I don't recall a Temporary Penetrator appearing in a mission, anyone got a better memory than me? -452 23:08, August 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Searched the game files, it's Murderbrawl, as semi-expected since that's when the other temp melee weapons appear. I just don't remember it. I remember the Luchadores carrying the temp melee weapons, and then the Woodsman. It's also used in the Arapice island Whored Mode. -452 23:21, August 26, 2012 (UTC)
- I think it's just the first one. The Penetrator model filename has a prefix "WP", which is normally only present on Temporary Weapons, indicating that The Penetrator was originally to be a Temporary Weapon rather than a normal Melee Weapon. Purely speculation: maybe Gimps were originally the Oiran's specialist, and this was their weapon? -452 21:19, January 14, 2013 (UTC)