This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Jane Valderamma article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Jane Valderamma article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Jane Valderamma article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
She's a spoof on hispanic newscasters who adopt a caucasian delivery for the camera. And, as per, if she ever says her name or any originally Spanish words, her accent comes across thick. 188.8.131.52 21:12, January 5, 2010 (UTC)
Jane reports over the radio on the most recent mission or stronghold completed, and will re-run newscasts if the mission is replayed from the crib bulletin board. 184.108.40.206 22:22, January 5, 2010 (UTC)
Alright, you can put that under ==Trivia== in the main article. :)
- Master Sima Yi 06:29, January 6, 2010 (UTC)
Saints Row: The Third Edit
Looks like Jane Valderama returns in Saints Row: The Third, judging by the end of this video. It would be conjecture to add it to the article now but for the time being I think it's worth noting here on the talk page. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 19:42, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
I cannot begin to express how annoying her surname is. In Saints Row 2 it's referred to as "Valderama" on the Homie unlock screen and "Valderamma" in the subtitles and string files. In Saints Row: The Third she's referred to as "Valderamma" in the Assassinations Saintsbook feature and "Valderrama" in "STAG Film", and no mention of "Valderama". Just which is it? – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 19:13, December 19, 2011 (UTC)
- "saints_female_jane_valderrama" is the model name, if that helps. and then there's "saints_male_nightblade", which doesn't.
- So, let's go with "Valderamma", since it's in both games. With a note about the other two spellings. What is she in the Homie cellphone in SR2? --452 00:04, December 20, 2011 (UTC) (Removed confused misread model name comment --452 02:33, December 20, 2011 (UTC))
- Should this be the subject of a future poll, perhaps? Personally, I've subscribed to the "the more, the merrier" theory and thought that "Valderamma" was the correct spelling due to it being presented that way in two out of three games (usually, anyway). Blutteufel 02:36, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's the trouble, "Valderama" is also in SR2 and SRTT. A poll sounds like an excellent idea. It doesn't really matter though, as long as we have redirects for every article, it can just be spelled whichever way. --452 02:43, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
Newscasts article location Edit
Should Valderamma's newscasts deserve a "full" article, or a subpage of this one? Also, what category/categories would it go under? I've finished writing the transcripts for all the SR:TT ones and each one is a small paragraph - implementing them into this article would make it too large. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 19:17, December 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I would usually say just a section, but yeah, it would probably be too large.
- "Newcasts" sounds like a good title. Since there are newscasts in all 3 games, and the first game has newscasts by jack armstrong, i vote for putting them in a main article, with 3 main sections. it may ultimately end up as an article for each game, of course. --452 05:29, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay. Moved the article. Never realised about Jack Armstrong. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 15:00, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
- And I can see the article splitting up for each game if the sections for Saints Row and Saints Row 2 are equally as long. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 15:48, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
Pointing this out Edit
Saints Row IVEdit
I heard rumors but no comfimation from Deep Silver on the return of Jane in Saints Row IV. Seeing as in Saints Row: The Third she pretty much made herself the official news reporrter of the Saints it would make perfect sense for her to return but if anyone has any way to confirm this please say so. She is not in the offiical cast list that was released on the Saints Row website. Matt Seay (talk) 13:56, July 25, 2013 (UTC)
- I've heard she's the DJ for K12, but I have no proof. Whether she does newscasts is unknown - since the mission structure has changed, they may not have them. Maybe the Audio Logs take the place of newscasts - all speculation at this point! -452 13:59, July 25, 2013 (UTC)
- True, given that most of the game takes place in a virtual reality that is controled by Aliens why would there be a human news program? As a fan of the character I want her to come back but the Important thing is Johnny Gat's return lol. But yeah until more info comes or the gmae comes out we will not know for sure. Matt Seay (talk) 14:02, July 25, 2013 (UTC)
- IdolNinja said she returns as the DJ for K12. Hood. (14:44, 25 July 2013)
Laraine Newman Edit
It's likely that Alex Borstein and Lauri Hendler both based their reporters on Laraine Newman's reporter from the early seasons of Saturday Night Live. Newman had a recurring bit reporting "on the scene" with news about murder, terrorists, kidnappings, ect at the Blaine Hotel (which was itself part of a recurring bit that guests of SNL stayed at the fictious Blaine Hotel).
You can hear one of Newman's bits here http://www.hulu.com/watch/1413 (you don't have to log in, but there is an ad) it's at about two minutes in. There are other ones, often longer, and sometimes involving give-and-take with whoever was hosting the news, but most videos aren't freely available online.
Missions and CutscenesEdit
| This is marked as an Active Discussion.|
Topic: List of Missions and Cutscenes to check
Related article: Jane Valderamma
Related to-do list: Character
The age of the discussion is irrelevant - it needs a reply.
Remove this template after discussion has ended.
- ... and a Better Life
- 3 Count Beat Down
- A Remote Chance
- America's Next Top Scientist
- Appointed Defender
- Burden of Proof
- Burning Down the House
- Crack Down
- Down Payment
- Gang Bang
- Hail to the Chief
- Jail Bait
- Live! With Killbane
- My Name is Cyrus Temple
- One Man's Junk...
- Pyramid Scheme
- Saint's Seven
- Salting the Earth...Again
- Save the Planet
- STAG Film
- Stuffing the Ballot
- The Anna Show
- The Streets of Stilwater
- Three Kings
- Weekend at Tera's
- What Goes Up...
-452 18:16, August 23, 2015 (UTC)