This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Crusader article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Crusader article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Crusader article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Crusader variants Edit
- The two vehicles look very different although this may be because of body customisation, I guess we'll only really know when the game releases, is this speculative content? JBanton 20:19, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Ooh, I hope it is customisable. Never thought about that. But yeah, in Saints Row 2 Ultor had their own variant of the Five-O in the Saint's Row District - it looked different but it was essentially the same vehicle. And good point, I've added the Upcoming template/Speculative Content category to the article. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 23:05, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
Their handling and weapons are probably exactly identical (easier to program the game that way), with only the appearance being different. But a different appearance and a different name, make them different vehicles. GMRE 20:21, October 28, 2011 (UTC)
- I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 20:45, October 28, 2011 (UTC)
STAG Tank V2 Edit
If this is referred to in-game as "STAG Tank V2", then a redirect can be created for that title. --user452 23:27, January 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, but only in My Name is Cyrus Temple, which gives you the choose to unlock the V2 Stag tank in your garage.
- When choosing between the Specter, Satchel Charges, and the Crusader, it is calles STAG Tank V2 instead SUV-Riderz. 23:30, January 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks :) --user452 23:42, January 13, 2012 (UTC)
As per User:452's request, I just so happen to know of one (but only one) way in which The Protagonist is able use the laser cannon mounted on top of a Crusader. In any of the 6 Trafficking activities, Pierce and Zimos are the ones doing all the driving while players are supposed to get their backs. Anyway, to make a long story short, I discovered some time ago that if you drive a Crusader to the start of any Trafficking activity, park it somewhere close, and refrain from entering another vehicle, it should still be there once the activity begins.
So what happens then? Easy, just have The Protagonist climb into the Crusader, and they will automatically enter the laser cannon mount while Pierce or Zimos take the driver seat and drive around the city crushing any cars or pedestrians who get in the way. This neat little trick will essentially work on any land-based vehicle with a passenger-mounted turret, like N-Forcers, Challengers, and SNG Bulldogs. – TalkNShoot 23:58, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Nice one! I'll definitely be trying that out later. I also didn't think about parking a vehicle nearby for activities, although that's what I always do for missions. -452 05:23, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Damn that makes Trafficking easy! I believe the Crusader is the only vehicle with a third firing mode. -452 03:34, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
Should it be listed that one way to acquire the Crusader/multiple of them is to "Bo-Duke-en" them? i found that out accidentally my 4th playthrough when i tried to get into the N-Forcer. 126.96.36.199 08:02, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- I didn't actually know that was possible with tanks. -452 23:52, January 27, 2013 (UTC)