This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Base Jumping article.
- If you have something to add, feel free to reply, no matter how long since the last comment
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of topics needing responses
- For general discussion, please use the forum, or a make blog post instead
- "STAT_BASE_JUMP": "Base Jumping"
- "STAT_BASE_OWNED": "Parachute Owned"
- "DIVERSION_BEST_JUMP_DISTANCE": "Record Distance: %.0fm"
- "DIVERSION_BEST_JUMP_DISTANCE_FEET": "Record Distance: %.0fft"
I must remember to go through all the stats and add them to each activity and diversion. -User452 20:36, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
I tried this Diversion about 6 times, and it was only when I finally landed on the vehicle in the bullseye that I was given the No Falling Damage reward, despite getting 3 Gold Stars when not landing on the vehicle. —Message posted by Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 12:38, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
- As per our discussion in the Chat:
- Strange about what you found regarding Base Jumping - the first time i did it, there was no car, I had to land in a field, although there was a Saints car waiting on the nearest road. Ron Hiler's "Saints Row 2: The Completionist's Guide" concurs with my finding regarding the car not being necessary. He does mention that you need to hit the target EXACTLY in the center - so if there is a car in the target, then the center is over the car.
- base_jumping.xtbl makes no distinction between the 9th star level and the unlockable - if you 9 stars (3 gold), you get 200 respect, and you unlock the reward <Star> <Maximum_Distance>3</Maximum_Distance> <Cash>0</Cash <Respect>200</Respect> <Unlockable>Diversion_Basejump</Unlockable> </Star>
- You linked to This video, which grants the player the reward and there's no vehicle in the centre. The video seems to be exactly in the center of the bullseye, and i don't see a car anywhere nearby.
- I found this video, which has a car - he lands beside it and unlocks the reward.
- After this, I started a new game and did the Base Jumping diversion, I landed within the smoke markers, beside the car, without touching it, and unlocked the reward, disproving that it needs to be the exact center of the bullseye.
- The article needs more emphasis getting 3 gold stars is not a guarantee that it will unlock the reward. Those 2 videos can be used as references for "the car doesn't always appear" and "even with a car present, you do not always need to land on it". I imagine that landing on a car which is in the center of the bullseye will *always* unlock the reward. -User452 00:39, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
SRTT reward? Edit
In SR3, when you start the diversion, you can put a ring of purple/white smoke on the ground with one in the center, and it says 'if you land in the center you'll get a reward'. I have yet to manage it. :P No cars appear, although the above seems to be referring to SR2. What do you get in SR3? --Azaram (talk) 06:14, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
- As far as I know, nothing. There are no Unlockables associated with Base Jumping in SRTT - and that page has every unlockable from the game files, so there's definitely nothing, not just that no-one has worked it out yet.
- And no Achievement either.
- There's a Base Jumping Challenge, and while you don't have to land in the exact center to get credit for it, I have landed in the exact center and nothing special has happened.
- SR2 text: "Land in the center of the target area for a reward"
- SRTT text: "LAND IN THE CENTER OF THE TARGET AREA FOR A REWARD"
- Looks like a lazy copy/paste. --452 07:42, August 5, 2012 (UTC)