When equipped, homies use pistols
- For quick incapacitation of your target.
- — Weapon Description in Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV.
The Stun Gun is a high-voltage, low current electroshock weapon. When in an academic environment, Ultor prefers to use this weapon to capture criminals, rather than a lethal one in order to maintain good PR. The Stun Gun has a slow rate-of-fire, but is capable of stunning or killing someone in just a few shots.
The Stun Gun is the only melee weapon available when holding a Human Shield.
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
In Saints Row: The Third, the Stun Gun returns with a new look, but has the same overall functionality as it did back in Saints Row 2. This Stun Gun does less damage, but has an increased range. In addition, the weapon never needs to be reloaded, with each shot being delayed by a cool-down period which lasts a few seconds.
Saints Row IVEdit
The Stun Gun returns yet again in Saints Row IV. The Stunner is the only costume for the Stun Gun.
Overheat Level, Effective Range and Rate of Fire can all be upgraded 5 levels each, with a separate High Voltage "ultimate upgrade". The Rate of Fire and Overheat Level essentially turns this gun into a non-lethal laser pistol analogue, as unlike its Saints Row: The Third incarnation, it may fire multiple "bolts" before overheating when upgraded.
The High Voltage upgrade may kill the target, turning this gun into a lethal weapon in its own right.
- The Cheat for this weapon in Saints Row 2 is #953.
- The Cheat for this weapon in Saints Row: The Third is givestungun.
- The Stilwater Police Department use the Stun Gun as a non-lethal weapon to take down criminals, but usually after a police officer has shot the criminals with the Stun Gun, they stomp on them, sometimes to death which defeats the idea of the non-lethal Stun Gun.
- In real life, most Stun Guns, or tasers, used in law enforcement have two small barbs that enter the skin, that are connected to the main tazer body by two thin wires, which when reloading, means the taser probe must be replaced before firing. There are no wires visible in any game.
- If the "Infinite Clip" Cheat is activated it can be rapidly fired with no need to reload.
- In Saints Row 2, hits with the Stun Gun count towards Special Weapon Hits stat.
- The Default Skin's description in Saints Row IV, "Don't tase me, bro!", is a reference to the University of Florida Taser incident.
- In Saints Row IV, an Xbox 360 title update removes the Stun Gun from Friendly Fire. Removing the title update restores it.
- The patch released before Enter the Dominatrix fixes the issue.
- In Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV, taking enemies as a Human Shield disarms them, if they are released they might bring out a Stun Gun, which provides a way of getting this weapon while using the glitched patch or title update.
- "High Voltage" upgrade doesn't set vehicle drivers on fire.
- Using the Golden Gun Cheat in Saints Row: The Third actually makes the Stun Gun instantly kill enemies upon shocking them, since the Stun Gun is technically a "firearm."