Streaking and Flashing are two very similar Diversions, in which there is a time limit to shock a number of Civilians with nudity. There are 8 levels in both Flashing and Streaking. The main difference between them is that The Protagonist is nude while Streaking, but must wear a coat while Flashing.
Unlike other Diversions, there is no prompt. These Diversions are started by pressing down twice, the same as exiting missions and activities.
To enable Streaking, The Protagonist must be effectively nude, wearing no clothing on the torso or abdomen, so that both privacy bars appear on a female.
To remove all clothing, first access the Wardrobe, either in a crib or a clothing store. On the "outfits" tab, choose "Remove All Current Clothing". After all other clothing has been removed, Hats, Masks, Glasses, Gloves, Footwear and Jewelry can be worn.
While Streaking The Protagonist only needs to run in front of a civilian, no extra buttons need to be pressed.
Flashing is only included in Saints Row 2.
- While naked, The Protagonist's facial expression changes to a smirk in Saints Row 2. In Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV their expression does not change but The Protagonist trembles and tries to cover themselves when not moving.
- It is best to start these Diversions in a crowded area.
- The fastest and easiest way to complete either Diversion is to run in front of passing cars.
- Occasionally, Civilians are seen Streaking and Flashing in Saints Row 2.
- In Saints Row 2, pixelation can be removed by opening the "shaders_pc" or "shaders_xbox" file in the Saints Row directory and deleting the line containing "sr2-pixelate_c.fxo_pc". On PC, The Protagonist looks like a doll, but on Xbox 360, the character model has clearly defined nipples.
- In Saints Row: The Third: to remove the pixelation edit the misc_tables.vpp_pc file with Gibbed Tools and a text editor. Unpack misc_tables.vpp_pc, open customization_items.xtbl, search for <Name>privacy bar top</Name> and <Name>privacy bar bottom</Name>, under <Wear_Option>, change <disabled>no</disabled> to <disabled>yes</disabled>, save the xtbl file to the same folder as the game's exe file.
- In Saints Row 2, The Protagonist has to be streaking or flashing to get comments from pedestrians, but in Saints Row: The Third, The Protagonist just has to be naked to get comments, but does not get credit for shocks unless the Diversion has been started.
- In Saints Row 2, female Saints, including Shaundi, tilt their heads downwards when recruited while Streaking.
- In Saints Row IV, the animation for streaking has been tweaked so that female Protagonists cover both censored areas, though all other features remain the same.