The SNG is Steelport's division of the National Guard; as such, they are in close association with the Steelport Police Department, and assist the force when necessary should the overall security of the city be threatened. The SNG is the fifth level of law enforcement before STAG's arrival, after which, STAG replaces them, and they aren't seen again until after the final mission. Their only base is on an island named Sierra Point, north of Magarac Island.
Their uniforms are colored tan and green, and their vehicles are colored tan.
- Challenger - A fully equipped tank. Armed with main cannon, co-axial machine gun and a roof-mounted machine gun. The Challenger is the 2nd most powerful vehicle in the game (the 1st is the Prototype Crusader).
- Bulldog - A fast response utility vehicle. Available with or without a roof mounted machine gun.
- Tornado - An attack helicopter. The same as the SWAT version, but in a desert tan colour.
- Bear - A 6-wheeled armored personnel carrier. It is identical to the SWAT version, but also in a desert tan colour.
- Eagle - A multipurpose helicopter. One is used for transport, while the other is used for combat (with 2 miniguns and 2 rocket pods).
- Vulture - Another attack helicopter. Armed with a slow-rate auto-cannon and 2 rocket pods.
- Commander - An armed boat with same functions as the police variant. It only can be found in the water near to the armory.
- Their uniform is available for purchase at Let's Pretend, under the 'Suits' category.
- They have their own unique decal for all of their vehicles, including what appears to be the Saint of Saints.
- Like most NPCs, if they have no weapons in hand, they'll run over and grab the nearest available weapon to use.
- As soon as the player enters their base, Sierra Point, they will gain a Law Enforcement Notoriety of three badges, including flying into their airspace at a high altitude.
- Their coat of arms is Mr. Toots, a My Little Pony-style unicorn and novelty weapon in another of Volition, Inc.'s games: Red Faction: Armageddon.
- At the helipads, the player can find an attack variant of the Eagle on the southeastern-most pad, equipped with miniguns and rocket launchers. As with the other helicopters, it may take a few approaches before they actually spawn; approaching on foot seems to make this more likely.
- In real life, cities do not have their own division, however states do.
- It is possible that they are a calavry division due to their base is used for air cavalry training.
- The SNG makes an appearance in the first mission of the Gangstas in Space (DLC). Director Andy Zhen apparently pays them off to get their cooperation and minor participation in the shooting of a scene which takes place at Sierra Point. Later, the SNG attempts to gun down both Jenny Jaros and The Protagonist during the final film sequence because Zhen purposely did not tell them that everything that's going on is all just part of another elaborate film scene.
- The SNG also play a fairly big role in the The Trouble With Clones (DLC) as an antagonistic force who are on a mission to kill Johnny Tag and any Saints who get in their way.
- The SNG are perhaps the only law enforcement agency in the series that can be described as being somewhat honourable as the police in all games are corrupt and in the payroll of an antagonist faction: Vice Kings and Richard Hughes in the first game; Ultor in the second game;The Syndicate in the third game, and STAG uses terrorism.
- In reality the military are not allowed to be used as a law enforcement agency under U.S. law unless under an extreme national emergency. Gang activity is not included.