|Appearances||Saints Row 2 |
Saints Row: The Third
It is the most common plane, and the fastest plane next to the AB Destroyer, but the Snipes 57 has no armaments. The Snipes 57 is a private jet. It comes in a variety of colors. Once the Airport Hangar is purchased, up to 64 Snipes 57s can be stored.
It can be found all around Wardill Airport, either parked at airport gates, taking off on the runway, or parked in a hangar.
In Saints Row: The Third it can be found at Wesley Cutter International Airport in New Calvin, Steelport.[reference?]
There is a unique Snipes 57 with black striped painting during the Assassination "Kill Whitney" provided by Angel de la Muerte. It takes place in the Airport, after arriving at the check point, it is possible to get the black jet and drive in along the ground slowly to the airport crib. After storing it, and retrieving it, it is possible to pick up the Assassination Target and continue with the assassination.
In Saints Row: The Third, there is also a Black Snipes 57 that comes equipped with 3 Jets over the 2 that comes on the standard White Snipes 57.
- The Cheat Code for this vehicle in Saints Row 2 is #712.
- There is no Cheat Code for this vehicle in Saints Row: The Third.
- The in-game airline ShawnboneAir uses these jets.
- This plane is modeled after the Learjet 45, or a Bombardier Learjet 31.
- The name comes from the movie Passenger 57, starring Wesley Snipes.
- If you open and close the door a few times, it will break off.
- If in co-op or traveling with a homie, they will sit in the co-pilot's seat, but you will always fully control the plane.
- It is possible to get hit by the wing or engine of the plane when bailing out mid-flight. This can be lethal as it ruins the opportunity to use the parachute. Leaning the plane to the side or stalling it before jumping out removes the chance of this occurring.
- If you bail out just before you hit a wall with the never die cheat enabled, you will be trapped in the cockpit until it hits the ground.
- The plane is referred to as "jet" on the Saints Row 2 website.
- It is possible to Vehicle Surf on the jet and is easy to do with a co-op partner flying it. It is also possible to Vehicle Surf on a jet flown by a Civilian, although since all planes follow set routes, a plane taking off from Wardill Airport headed north will always crash into Mount Claflin.
- In Saints Row The Third, if you choose to kill Killbane, he will be escaping in a Luchadore Snipes 57.
- The vehicle that Killbane uses in this mission is not a Snipes 57, it is a vehicle called "Car 57", which is a land-vehicle used only in this mission. It looks exactly the same as a real Snipes 57, as it shares the same model and textures, but it has the handling and behaviour of a car, meaning that it cannot fly. When added to the Garage via modifying the game files, it is added to the car garage, not the airplane garage.