|Help the Saints Row Wiki by cleaning up this article!|
|Marked because: The specific missions where we learn about Shaundi should be used as references for each fact|
|Appears in||Saints Row 2 |
Saints Row: The Third
|Affiliations||3rd Street Saints|
|Occupation(s)||Drug trafficking (Saints Row 2) |
TV host (Saints Row: The Third)
|Voiced by||Eliza Dushku (Saints Row 2) |
Danielle Nicolet (Saints Row: The Third)
Shaundi is a top lieutenant of the 3rd Street Saints.
Saints Row 2
Shaundi becomes a member of the Saints after the Protagonist impresses her with some stunt jumps. She is later made a lieutenant and put in charge of gathering information on the Sons of Samedi, a job she is initially reluctant to undertake, but quickly begins undermining the Samedi's drug operations by learning the recipe for replicating Loa Dust, with the assistance of the Protagonist and Laura.
The Sons of Samedi, angry at the attack on their business, send one of their own lieutenants DJ Veteran Child, one of Shaundi's ex boyfriends, to deal with the problem. Veteran Child finds Shaundi alone in the Saints Hideout, and after knocking her out, he kidnaps her and takes her to On Track, a dance club. Once the Protagonist arrives, Veteran Child tries to uses his former girlfriend as a shield, but the Protagonist finds a way to take him out, and helps Shaundi out of the club, leaving the DJ's corpse on the dance floor.
As Veteran Child had bested her, the Protagonist and other members of the gang were dubious of Shaundi's ability to hold her own, something that she found insulting, and though she constantly offered to accompany the Saints leader on missions, it isn't until she announces her plan to bug the city's traffic cameras that the Protagonist allows her to accompany him, though this is due to the fact that the Protagonist has no idea how to bug the police computer.[reference?]
Once the Saints track The General down, Shaundi and the Protagonist attack him at the Rounds Square Shopping Center, fighting their way through dozens of The General's foot soldiers, before finally taking out the Sons of Samedi leader.
Saints Row: The Third
Years after the Saints conquered Stilwater, the former hippy has become more focused, both on the Saints and her celebrity status. In line with the expansion of the Saints' brand, she now has her own TV dating show and a new look that's distinctly more professional than her previous bohemian style.
Her main obsession after arriving in Steelport is destroying Syndicate[reference?], the loss of Johnny having affected her deeply. As the Saints settle into Steelport, Shaundi becomes angry with how long it is taking to find and kill Phillipe Loren, threatening Pierce when he throws a party shortly after Johnny's death, amazed at the other Saints' seeming lack of compassion.[reference?]
Shaundi spends her time in Steelport assisting the Protagonist in any way that will bring the Syndicate down and it is her actions that leads to her kidnapping by the S.T.A.G.[reference?] In a daring plan to rescue her, The protagonist has surgery, taking on the appearance of Cyrus Temple, and travels to the Thermopylae, taking Pierce and Viola DeWynter as his "captives". The four escape, but not before blowing up the aircraft carrier.[reference?]
At the climax of the game the Protagonist receives a call from Angel De La Muerte. Killbane is at the airport, fleeing the city. Halfway through the call another call comes through, this one from Kia, informing them that Shaundi and Viola are strapped to bombs at the base of the Steelport monument. The player must choose between saving the girls or annihilating the last member of the Syndicate.
- Eliminate Killbane
If the player chooses to kill Killbane at the airport, Shaundi and Viola are killed in the explosion.
- Save Shaundi
If the player chooses to save Shaundi and Viola, they travel to the Steelport Monument where the two are being held. After disabling the bomb and fighting through waves of S.T.A.G soldiers and Luchadores, the player finally reaches Kia, who holds Shaundi as a human shield. The player kills Kia and saves Shaundi and Viola. A few months later the Saints have traced Killbane to Mars, and while fighting their way through the Luchadores, Shaundi, Pierce and Gat all die during the attack. The Protagonist then finds Killbane and kills him by blowing up nearby 'Martian Lava Crystals'. It is revealed that the whole mission was the end of the 'Gangstas in Space Movie'.
- Shaundi is voiced by Eliza Dushku in Saints Row 2 and Danielle Nicolet in Saints Row: The Third.
- Playboy approached Volition, Inc. to create "a special one-off piece of art just for the magazine"; Shaundi appeared naked in the fifth edition of Playboy's "Virtual Vixens" in December 2008.
- Shaundi is referenced in Red Faction: Guerilla as one of the people who left Radio Tags in the Badlands Sector. In the DLC for Red Faction: Guerilla, "Demons of the Badlands", she appears naked on a picture in the weapon stashes.
Saints Row 2
- She is pictured on a Stilwater’s Most Wanted poster in the Police Headquarters.
- Running gag; in the game Shaundi has had sex with a ridiculous amount of people.
- Shaundi is often seen consuming drugs within the game. In fact, if you call her up once you unlock her as a homie, she will sometimes quip, "Uhhhh....I can come.. But I'm really baked right now."
- When recruited as a homie she will sometimes ask "Do you think I would look good in a sombrero?". Although she is never seen wearing one, some Saints members will say: "What's with Shaundi and that fucking sombrero?", indicating that she either has one or that she often talks about it. The Protagonist also has a line saying that Shaundi would look hot in a sombrero.
- Shaundi's inability to defend herself is often a butt of derisive jokes among other Saints, some of whom quip "let's see Shaundi kick that kind of ass" after winning a fight.
- She enjoys partying and playing hacky-sack and skee ball.
- The Protagonist seems to be protective of Shaundi, as evidenced when she was taken hostage by Veteran Child and how he won't let her join him during missions.
- Sometimes when robbing a store, the store clerk will say," I knew Shaundi was right about this place."
Saints Row: The Third
- In the Safeword crib, the "Virtual Vixens" image can be seen on a "Boy Toy" magazine, resting on a hot tub.[Screenshot?]
- In Saints Row: The Third, Shaundi (like many of the Saints) has completely changed her look.
- She has her own Reality TV/Dating Show called "I Wanna Sleep With Shaundi". 
- Protesters have signs threatening the Saints, one of them saying "Shaundi is a whore!", a reference to Shaundi's promiscuity.
- Shaundi has become a fairly capable fighter in Saints Row: The Third.
- Despite her new found battle prowess, Shaundi is still the primary target of kidnapping, being kidnapped twice during the game by S.T.A.G. In total, she has been kidnapped four times, twice in each game.
- In Saints Row: The Third, Shaundi seems affected most by Gat's death.
- She also seemed to laid off drugs somewhat, at least publically in order to keep up with the image of a sex vixen, not a "junk head".
- Shaundi appears to be much taller in Saints Row: The Third, this is because she wears high-heels instead of Vollies.
- When The Protagonist has been drugged during the mission to take out the Morningstar and is stumbling naked through the brothel, one of the remarks from among many he can make is: "So this is what it feels like to be Shaundi".
- At the end of Saints Row: The Third, if the player chooses the option to save Shaundi and Viola, he will have to throw explosive fart jars/flashbangs at Kia while she holds Shaundi as a human shield, which is almost exactly the same thing that needs to be done to save Shaundi in the Veteran Child mission Saints Row 2, when she is captured by Veteran Child and the player has to throw flashbangs at him.
- When called as a homie, Shaundi will arrive in a purple Torch.
- When Shaundi is called as a homie, she reveals that Josh Birk sends her autographed photos, which she then sells online.
- In the Prima strategy guide, it states that in development, Shaundi was not there for the entire game and was in Mexico filming “I Wanna Sleep With Shaundi”.[link?]
- In the official Prima guide, in the development section, originally at the end of the game you were to see her unwittingly on a date with Killbane without his mask on.[scan?]
- In the same section in the official Prima guide, originally after saving Shaundi and Viola, after the closing credits Shaundi is at Gat's grave, upset that the Saints let Killbane get away and have gone back to being celebrities again, she is then recruited by Cyrus and joins STAG.[scan?]
- Male Voice 2 says he is sexually attracted to Shaundi, such as saying it would be sexy as hell if Shaundi were a maid.
When 2 Homies are recruited together outside of missions, many will have conversations.
- Angel and Shaundi
- Angel: "You're consumed by something - what is it?"
Angel: "For your friend?"
Shaundi: "Johnny was with the Saints longer than anybody; he was more than a friend - he was family."
Angel: "And what are you gonna do to avenge him?"
Shaundi: "Whatever it takes."
Angel: "I knew I liked you."
- Burt and Shaundi
- Burt: "You're the girl with the reality show, right?"
Shaundi: "Yeah, I'm Shaundi."
Burt: "You look less of a slut in person."
- Josh and Shaundi
- Josh: "Hello, my love."
Shaundi: "Stop saying that."
Josh: "Why do you fight what you feel in your heart?"
Shaundi: "Because if I did what I felt in my heart, they'd never find your body."
Josh: "So you admit there's some pull that keeps you from wanting to be hurt. I knew you felt the same way I did."
- Kinzie and Shaundi
- Kinzie: "You don't like me very much."
Shaundi: "That's not true."
Kinzie: "I tapped your phone - I know what you said about me to Pierce."
Shaundi: "And this is why I don't like you."
- Shaundi and Oleg
- Shaundi: "So, what did you do before you were a glorified pin cushion?"
Oleg: "I worked for the Russian government."
Shaundi: "What did you do for them?"
Oleg: "Whatever my country needed of me."
Shaundi: "That's... very vague... and really unnerving."
- Viola and Shaundi
- Viola: "Hey Shaund-"
Shaundi: "Don't talk to me, don't look at me; I want to pretend you don't even exist."
- Zimos and Shaundi
- Zimos: "So, how you been girl?"
Shaundi: "Z, don't talk to me."
Zimos: "Is this about the..."
Shaundi: "This is about Spring break when I was in college."
Zimos: "Oh shit, I didn't recognize you without the dreads, irie."
- Shaundi: This gang shit got you stressed out, you need to relax.
- The Protagonist: By playing Skee Ball?
- Shaundi: Oh yeah.
- The Protagonist: You know, most people would just go smoke pot.
- Shaundi: Yeah, and then they play Skee Ball.
- Shaundi: So how'd I do?
- The Protagonist: Well, seeing as he's dead and you're not, I'd say pretty God-damn good.
- Shaundi: So... You think I could take Gat?
- The Protagonist: Not on your fucking life.
- Shaundi: Pierce?
- The Protagonist: Probably not.
- Shaundi: Veteran Child?
- The Protagonist: Well, seeing as he's dead, I'm pretty sure you'd kick his ass.
- Shaundi: You're an asshole.
- Shaundi: Fucking lightweight.
- Shaundi: Good times!
- Shaundi: I'm gonna kill Birk if I see him again!
- The Protagonist: Aww, I thought you two really had something there.
- Shaundi: Oh don't even go there...
- The Protagonist: Hey, I'm just saying...
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Twitter / @DaniNicolet: Officially official!! I'm ..., retrieved 23rd July 2011
- ↑ "Three Kings" mission
- ↑ "Three Kings" ending cutscene
- ↑ "Airborne Assault" ending cutscene
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Veteran Child" mission
- ↑ "The Shopping Maul" mission
- ↑ Three Way
- ↑ Shaundi: Playboy's Virtual Vixen - Official Saints Row website, retrieved 27th August 2011
- ↑ As seen during the opening cut scene for Bank Error in Your Favor
- ↑ Saints Row 3 Gameplay Interview: Sex Appeal, Manapault, and More! - YouTube, retrieved 18th August 2011
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third | History (Modern Day Saints) - Official Saints Row website