16 Rank 5 Clip Size
The Semi-Auto Shotgun is an effective close-range gun that acts as an effective street-sweeper, and can work at longer ranges better than the Pump-Action Shotgun due to its tighter spread. Although the Semi-Auto Shotgun is less powerful than the Pump-Action Shotgun, the higher rate of fire and larger magazine allows the Semi-Auto Shotgun to perform equally as effective as its pump action counterpart. While the Semi-Auto Shotgun can quickly empty its magazine, it does has Reload Speed upgrades available, unlike the Pump-Action Shotgun, and so the vulnerability between reloads is reduced.
At long ranges, the Thumpgun is a more effective weapon due to its single projectile that can reach at distant targets, as the Semi-Auto Shotgun pellets does little damage at range. Additionally, while the Semi-Auto Shotgun can fire of rapid follow-up shots, the Pump-Action Shotgun is much more ammo efficient due to its slower fire rate and greater close range damage.
Clip Size, Damage, Effective Range and Reload Speed can all be upgraded 5 levels each, with a separate Full Auto "ultimate upgrade".
- It is unlocked in the Weapons Cache after completing Kinzie's "Simulated Instruction" Side Quest. She also uses the weapon when called in as a Homie, including before the weapon is unlocked.
- High rate of fire
- High DPS
- Fast reload when upgraded
- Largest magazine size of the magazine-fed Shotguns
- Comsumes ammo rapidly
- Least powerful of the buckshot firing Shotguns
There are 4 costumes for the Semi-Auto Shotgun: TAK-10 Streetsweeper, Big Game, Ion Blaster and Full Choke Silenced.
|Full Choke Silenced||Skin|
|Spirit of '76|
- The Fortress costume is a reference to Team Fortress 2 as the battle cry of one of the characters (the Heavy) is "CRY SOME MORE!".
- The Ion Blaster and its default skin resembles the blaster used by Jawas in Star Wars, and the quote is a reference to the film.
- The Big Game costume resembles the Remington 870 combat shotgun.
- The TAK-10 Streetsweeper has a basic resemblance to the PPSH-41 SMG, and the Combat Shotgun in Fallout 3.
- The default appearance of the Full Choke Silenced resembles Anton Chigurh's Remington 11-87 shotgun in the movie No Country for Old Men. The default description is the tagline for the movie.