Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
16 Rank 5 Clip Size
The Semi-Auto Shotgun is an effective close-range gun that acts as an effective street-sweeper, and can work at longer ranges better than the Pump-Action Shotgun due to its tighter spread. Although the Semi-Auto Shotgun is less powerful than the Pump-Action Shotgun, the higher rate of fire and larger magazine allows the Semi-Auto Shotgun to perform equally as effective as its pump action counterpart. While the Semi-Auto Shotgun can quickly empty its magazine, it does has Reload Speed upgrades available, unlike the Pump-Action Shotgun, and so the vulnerability between reloads is reduced.
At long ranges, the Thumpgun is a more effective weapon due to its single projectile that can reach at distant targets, as the Semi-Auto Shotgun pellets does little damage at range. Additionally, while the Semi-Auto Shotgun can fire of rapid follow-up shots, the Pump-Action Shotgun is much more ammo efficient due to its slower fire rate and greater close range damage.
Clip Size, Damage, Effective Range and Reload Speed can all be upgraded 5 levels each, with a separate Full Auto "ultimate upgrade".
- It is unlocked in the Weapons Cache after completing Kinzie's "Simulated Instruction" Side Quest. She also uses the weapon when called in as a Homie, including before the weapon is unlocked.
- High rate of fire
- High DPS
- Fast reload when upgraded
- Largest magazine size of the magazine-fed Shotguns
- Comsumes ammo rapidly
- Least powerful of the buckshot firing Shotguns
There are 4 costumes for the Semi-Auto Shotgun: TAK-10 Streetsweeper, Big Game, Ion Blaster and Full Choke Silenced.
|Full Choke Silenced||Skin|
|Spirit of '76|
- The Fortress costume is a reference to Team Fortress 2 as the battle cry of one of the characters (the Heavy) is "CRY SOME MORE!".
- The Ion Blaster and its default skin resembles the blaster used by Jawas in Star Wars, and the quote is a reference to the film.
- The Big Game costume resembles the Remington 870 combat shotgun.
- The TAK-10 Streetsweeper has a basic resemblance to the PPSH-41 SMG, and the Combat Shotgun in Fallout 3.
- The default appearance of the Full Choke Silenced resembles Anton Chigurh's Remington 11-87 shotgun in the movie No Country for Old Men. The default description is the tagline for the movie.