|Features in||Jailbreak, Elysian Fields Trailer Park|
|Notes||Speed: 35 |
Detonates on command.
|Appears in||Saints Row 2|
Saints Row: The Third
The Satchel Charge is a thrown explosive sticky bomb with a remote Detonator which will stick to any surface when thrown - including vehicles and people. The charge can then be detonated with the detonator (secondary fire).
Saints Row 2Edit
A maximum of 20 charges can be applied at once, and charges can also be detonated in mid-air. The maximum number of Satchel Charges which can be carried is 11.
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
- "Attach this explosive device to anything you throw at it. Just be sure you're clear before you hit the detonator."
- — Weapon description
In Saints Row: The Third, the Satchel Charge is an "optional weapon". In the mission "My Name is Cyrus Temple", the player has to select and approve two of three different research projects conducted by STAG. One of these projects is the development of satchel charges for standard infantry use. If the player doesn't pick it here, this weapon is unavailable in the game without cheats.
In Saints Row: The Third, there are Weapon Upgrades available for the Satchel Charge.
|1||$10,000||"Attach this explosive charge to anything you throw it at. Just be sure you're clear before you hit the detonator."|
|2||$10,000||"Carry more charges."|
|3||$20,000||"Carry more charges."|
|4||$40,000||"Carry more charges."|
- There is a tactic that involves sticking multiple Satchel Charges on to a civilian or a cop, taking them as a human shield for protection and then throwing them at law enforcement officers and detonating the charges.
- Also a Satchel Charge is attached to a vehicle and set it onto cruise mode it can be a nice bomb for any oncoming civilians.
- In Saints Row: The Third, if the player has the Moneyshot Pack, Gangstas In Space DLC, and/or Witches and Wieners Pack, they can obtain up to three different variants of the Specter hoverbike: the Scythe, the Ultor Interceptor, and the Salem. With this in mind, picking satchel charges and the STAG Tank V2 are likely better choices than picking the Specter.
- The easiest way to obtain Satchel Charges in Saints Row 2 is during the Elysian Fields Trailer Park Stronghold, as any remaining charges are kept after the mission is over. They are automatically added to the Weapons Cache, and will be visible there after switching to another thrown weapon, or after using all charges.
- In Saints Row 2, after using all thrown weapons, usually the Weapons Cache has only a single thrown weapon, but there are 5 Satchel Charges.
- The Cheat Code for this weapon in Saints Row 2 is #949.
- The Cheat Code for this weapon in Saints Row: The Third is givesatchel.
- In Saints Row 2, Satchel Charges count as grenades for use with the AR-50 XMAC w/Grenade Launcher.
- If a Satchel Charge attached to a person or vehicle enters the water, it will automatically explode, with little damage done to the vehicle. A pedestrian however, will be instantly killed upon contact with the water.
- The C4 blocks used in the Saints Row: The Third satchel charges are US-made M112 1 1/4 pound demolition charges. The lettering on them implies they were modeled from dummy charges used in drills, since the words "INERT EXPLOSIVE" appear in the second line of text.
- Although it appears that STAG has produced the satchel charges in Saints Row: The Third, the weapon can actually be seen even before the mission "My Name is Cyrus Temple". Any Friendly Fire store will keep a stash of them on the display shelves. The 3rd Street Saints are also seen using them in a few missions such as "When Good Heists Go Bad" when the vault is about to be blown open, and in "STAG Party" when The Protagonist is seen carrying a bag full of satchel charges in the opening cutscene.
- In Saints Row 2, if you get close enough to Maero he will throw charges, even if the the Satchel Charge isn't lethal, The Protagonist may fall to their death due to the ragdoll effect from the explosion.
- ↑ See Gallery
- 2012-06-14 - Carrying more than 5
|Weapons in Saints Row 2|
|Melee||Knife • Butterfly Knife • Nightstick • Crowbar • Baseball Bat • Sledgehammer • Machete • Samurai Sword • Pimp Slap |
Pepper Spray • Stun Gun • Chainsaw • Shock Paddles • Detonator • Geiger Counter • Dual Samurai Swords
|Pistol||VICE 9 • Kobra • NR4 • GDHC .50 • .44 Shepherd|
|SMG||T3K Urban • GAL 43 • SKR-9 Threat|
|Shotgun||AS14 Hammer • Tombstone • XS-2 Ultimax • 12 Gauge • Pimp Cane|
|Rifle||K6 Krukov • AR-40 Xtnd • AR-50 XMAC • AR-50 w/Grenade Launcher • AR200 SAW|
|Special||Mini-Gun • Flamethrower • McManus 2010 • RPG Launcher • Annihilator RPG • Fire Extinguisher|
|Thrown||Flashbang • Molotov Cocktail • Pipe Bomb • Satchel Charge • Hand Grenade • Fireworks|
|Vehicle||Water Spray • Septic Spray • Mounted .50 cal • Minigun/Rockets • Rocket Turret DLC|
|Weapons in Saints Row: The Third|
|Melee||Stun Gun • Baseball Bat • The Penetrator • Woodsman • Nocturne • Apoca-Fist • Saints Pow DLC|
|Pistol||KA-1 Kobra • 45 Shepherd • Laser Pistol DLC|
|SMG||TEK Z-10 • D4TH Blossom • Cyber Blaster • Auto Laser DLC|
|Shotgun||Grave Digger • AS3 Ultimax • S3X Hammer • Shark-O-Matic DLC • Bling Shotgun DLC|
|Rifle||K-8 Krukov • AR-55 • Viper Laser Rifle • Togo-13|
|Explosive||Annihilator • Satchel Charges • M2 Grenade Launcher DLC • Mollusk Launcher DLC • Laser Cannon DLC|
|Special||Reaper Drone • McManus 2015 • RC Possessor • SA-3 Airstrike • Cyber Buster • Sonic Boom|
|Thrown||Flashbangs • Molotovs • Grenades • Electric Grenades • Quarter-Circle Punch DLC|
|Temporary|| Riot Shield • Shock Hammer • GL G20 • Mini-Gun • Incinerator • Swarmitron DLC|
Behemoth • Blow-Up Doll • Shark • Tiki Torch • Cricket Bat • Urinal
|Vehicle||Mounted .50 cal • Minigun/Rockets • Gat Mobile • Laser Beam • Genki Cannon DLC|