|We don't want Saints Row Wiki to be overrun by Zombies|
Start contributin', playa!
• Check our to-do list to find out how you can help •
|Information about Saints Row IV was added before the game was released.
|Saints Row IV|
|Publisher||Deep Silver (Koch Media)|
|Platforms||PS3, Xbox 360, PC|
|Release date||August 20, 2013 (US) |
August 23, 2013 (Worldwide)
- "It's a good example of how you take what you have and you say, 'What can happen in the next?'"
- — Danny Bilson
The game was confirmed to be in development prior to Saints Row: The Third's release; THQ's Danny Bilson briefly said in an interview with X-Play on November 9, 2011, "I already know what Saints Row 4 is about, and it is wilder than [Saints Row: The Third]".
On June 11, 2012, the new THQ president, Jason Rubin, was quoted as having expressed his distaste over Saints Row: The Third's "tone and crass humor", and noted his intention to change that in future entries. Rubin believed that the game's presentation limited its potential audience, when it could have striven to be the next "Red Dead Redemption or Skyrim" (referring to the two games' critical and commercial successes). Rubin further allegedly stated that Saints Row: The Third was a product of "the environment at the time", and that he aims to change that. Rubin later claimed on Twitter that he had been misquoted, and that it was in fact the interviewer who was embarrassed.
A few days later, on June 20, 2012, Rubin stated that the Saints Row: The Third standalone expansion, Enter The Dominatrix, had been cancelled and instead would be merged with "The Next Great Sequel in the Saints Row Franchise", allowing the team "more time, more resources, and a broader scope for the project". He also confirmed the game was scheduled for a calendar 2013 release window.
Following THQ's filing for bankruptcy and subsequent closure, the Saints Row franchise along with developer, Volition, Inc., were auctioned off to Koch Media for $22.3 million on January 23, 2013.
Christ Stockman tweeted on February 4th that there is a rough release date of August and the CEO of Koch Media, Klemens Kundratitz, confirmed that the game will be released in 2013.
Deep Silver stated that they had left Volition, Inc. in full creative control of the "long-in-development" game, with "additional time for polishing".
On the 15th of March, 2013 a video titled "Saints Row IV Announce Teaser" was uploaded the official Deep Silver youtube account, revealing both the title "Saints Row IV - From the Crack House to the White House", and a release date of August 20, 2013 for North America and August 23, 2013 for the rest of the world.
The Announce Trailer depicts Steelport, with the same style of graphics as Saints Row: The Third, including many identical weapons, vehicles and characters. The 3 Count Casino appears unaltered, before it was a Crib. At least 2 new vehicles are shown, including a new monster truck which is not the Atlasbreaker.. In the PAX Demo, it was shown that this vehicle is an Infuego XL.
Collector's Edition Edit
On 19 March 2013, the developers asked via Twitter what players would like to see included in a Collector's Edition for the upcoming game. They had "been toying with a lot of ideas", and asked fans to take a short survey and rate several proposed items.
|List of proposed items for Saints Row IV Collector's Edition|
- "The ball-busting next chapter in the Saints Row franchise, is starting a party in your pants this August."
- — Saints Row IV Announce Teaser description
- "The climactic chapter of the saga that changed all the rules and blew the minds of a generation"
- — Saints Row IV Announce Teaser text
- "In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level - the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.
Saints Row IV lets players delve into an arsenal of alien weaponry and technology that will turn each Saint into an ultimate entity of destruction. Utilize out-of-this-world superpowers to fight all the way to the top. With intensified action and enhanced customization, players can use their newfound superpowers and leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis in the greatest, most insane installment of Saints Row yet.
Save the world, Saints Style."
- — Press Release 
- Main article: Game trailers
A large number of promotional videos have been revealed covering the game; including trailers, gameplay and developer commentaries.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 June 20th press release: Saints Row: The Third • Enter the Dominatrix Now Part of Something Bigger Than Itself
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Deep Silver Official YouTube: Saints Row IV Announce Teaser
- ↑ The third game in the series was Saints Row: Total Control.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 G4TV: Saints Row 4 Confirmed, To Be "Wilder" Than Saints Row 3
- ↑ Eurogamer: Volition developer lists Saints Row 4 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360
- ↑ Destructoid: New THQ president wants an adult humor-free Saints Row
- ↑ Twitter: @Jason_Rubin: @carlwatkins No. The interviewer ...
- ↑ Polygon: THQ dissolved, studios sold off, CEO announces in letter to staff
- ↑ Joystiq: Report: THQ assets divided
- ↑ GamesRadar: THQ's developers, licenses picked up by multiple buyers
- ↑ Kochmedia: 2013-01-24 Koch Media aquires[sic] IP rights for Saints Row & Metro and development studio Volition
- ↑ Twitter: @VG_Dave: High Voltage Software (The...
- ↑ IGN: Saints Row 4 Could Come as Soon as August
- ↑ Twitter: We're leaving @VolitionInc ...
- ↑ Twitter: Coming to PAX East next week? ...
- ↑ File:Saints Row IV - PAX Demo
- ↑ Twitter: We want your thoughts on what ...
- ↑ Kwiksurveys: Survey
- ↑ Press Release, via Joystick: Saints Row 4 gets pimpin' August 20