|Help the Saints Row Wiki by cleaning up this article!|
|Marked because: This article needs more information, and should not be written in past tense.|
|Saints Row 2|
|Platforms||Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3|
|Release date||October 14th 2008 (US) |
October 16th 2008 (Australia)
October 17th 2008 (Europe)
|Modes||Single player, co-op, multiplayer|
|Manual||Saints Row 2 Manual (PC)|
Saints Row 2 Manual (Xbox360)
Saints Row 2 is the second installment in the Saints Row series.
- Trailers for Saints Row 2 can be found on the Game Trailers page.
- While Saints Row 1 took a more realistic, more serious edge, Saints Row 2 is a lot more ridiculous and cartoonish, though the in-game cutscenes are gritty and ambient. However Saints Row 2 is still signifigantly more grounded in reality compared to Saints Row: The Third.
- After the explosion of Alderman Richard Hughes private yacht, The Protagonist is put in a coma. For several years he had been kept in intensive care at the Hospital Ward in the Stilwater Penitentiary, where he received extensive plastic surgery to mend his wounds. During his absence, the 3rd Street Saints disbanded, and their legacy was soon forgotten.
- When he awakes, The Protagonist breaks out of prison with fellow inmate Carlos Mendoza. He rescues his old colleague Johnny Gat from death row, and together they decide to resurrect the Saints. After he and Gat find a new hideout, The Protagonist declares himself the gang's new leader, and sets to work recruiting new members, including Carlos, Pierce, and Shaundi. The reborn Saints soon formulate a plan to re-claim the city of Stilwater from three new gangs that had taken over in their absence: The Sons of Samedi, The Brotherhood and The Ronin.
- Once this quest is complete, the Saints find themselves in an unexpected conflict with the Ultor Corporation, who seek to eradicate the gang in order to further their own goals for Stilwater.[reference?] Formerly a company which produced clothes and household brand products, Ultor had used its immense funds to drastically reshape both itself and the Saint's Row District within the last few years.[reference?] In the process, Ultor became a major, powerhouse corporation with its own private army, and they extended their power, reach, and influence into almost every aspect of Stilwater society, including the Stilwater PD.
- Eventually the Saints succeed in foiling Ultor's plans and overthrow its influence on the city when The Protagonist kills the company chairman and CEO, Dane Vogel.[reference?]
- Two DLC packages are also downloadable via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace. The first, Ultor Exposed, introduces a new homie, 3 new missions, and new vehicles. The second, Corporate Warfare, introduces 3 new missions, most on fan request, and new vehicles.
There are 33 pieces of Downloadable Content on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
- 18 Avatar Items (All released 2010-04-22)
- Saints Row 2 Hat - 80 points 
- Saints Tee - 80 points 
- Sons of Samedi Tee - 80 points 
- Ronin Tee - 80 points 
- Brotherhood Tee - 80 points 
- Ultor Tee - 80 points 
- Flashy Hat - 160 points 
- Flashy Cane - 240 points 
- Flashy Suit Outfit - 320 points 
- Hotdog Suit Outfit - 400 points 
- Brotherhood Gang Trailer - Released: 2008-12-04 - Size: 76.42 MB - Free 
- Co-Op Trailer - Released: 2008-12-06 - Size: 66.01 MB - Free 
- Customization Trailer - Released: 2008-12-06 - Size: 81.61 MB - Free 
- Ronin Gang Trailer - Released: 2008-12-06 - Size: 83.53 MB - Free 
- Celebrities Trailer - Released: 2008-12-06 - Size: 169.28 MB - Free 
- The Unkut Pack: Uncle Gary - A Laughing Matter Trailer - Released: 2009-06-23 - Size: 37.12 MB - Free  Uncle Gary displays his humorous side in the latest video for The Unkut Pack DLC.
- Corporate Warfare Developer Diary Trailer - Released: 2009-07-02 - Size: 99.95 MB - Free  Volition developers and producers take a behind the scenes look at the Corporate Warfare DLC and showcase the various gameplay elements requested by the Saints Row 2 fan community.
- Uncle Gary - The Women of DLC Trailer - Released: 2009-07-16 - Size: 44.92 MB - Free  Uncle Gary shows us the wild women of Saints Row 2 DLC.
- Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed - Released: 2009-04-23- Size: 161.90 MB - 800 points. 
- Disgruntled Ultor microbiologist Tera Patrick holds the key to the corporation's illicit research activities and revenue generating schemes. Help Tera dismantle the Ultor Corporation by exposing the megacorp's seedy operations to the citizens of Stilwater. Battle through three all new co-op enabled missions. Commandeer new air and ground vehicles including attack aircraft and luxury sports cars. Customize your character with new hairstyles, law enforcement uniforms, and all new clothes. Own the streets in new Strong Arm and Gangsta Brawl multiplayer maps. These are your Saints and this is your city like you've never seen it before… fully exposed!
- There is a civil war brewing within the Ultor Corporation. Dex, Ultor's newly appointed Head of Security, is running a black market nuclear weapons operation aided by Ultor management. Meanwhile, a defected Ultor executive offers the Saints a chance to bring the entire operation down. Take revenge in style with new transportation options for aircraft, exotic cars, and superbikes. Redefine your character with all new customization options including brand new outfits and facial bandanas to change your identity. Take the battle to the streets with brand new Strong Arm and Gangsta Brawl multiplayer maps or challenge your friends in an all new Co-Op competitive mode. Now it's time to put a permanent end to Ultor's corruption.
- Pimp out your personality with over 60 brand new customization items including Unkut watches, necklaces, bracelets, T-shirts, tank tops, hoodies, and camisoles. Change it up with a preppy polo, or dress it down with some jeans at Sloppy Seconds. Ink-up your character with 16 all new tattoo options.
- Achievements in Saints Row 2
- Cheats in Saints Row 2
- Multiplayer in Saints Row 2
- Radio Stations in Saints Row 2
- Saints Row 2 Credits
- Player Customization
- Gang Customization
- In Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie, released in 2012, Roy can be seen playing Saints Row 2. Tim & Eric also created a Genki trailer for Saints Row: The Third in 2011.
- ↑ Jailbreak mission
- ↑ Appointed Defender mission
- ↑ Down Payment
- ↑ Three Kings
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-Hat/00000040-ac61-c272-ce68-b993545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Tee/00000008-d6bc-b211-c23a-2063545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Sons-of-Samedi-Tee/00000008-daaa-0211-c4bb-5921545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Ronin-Tee/00000008-41e8-7211-ca44-dbc2545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Brotherhood-Tee/00000008-5c73-1221-cf59-ff4c545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Ultor-Tee/00000008-e4df-f281-ccdf-fb7a545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Flashy-Hat/00000040-52b9-2263-cddf-520d545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Flashy-Cane/00001000-60d7-7233-c6c3-3654545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Flashy-Suit-Outfit/00000238-6a7e-5221-c680-3ca5545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Hotdog-Suit-Outfit/0000077c-da2c-42e2-c83c-5388545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-Picture-Pack/00000000-0000-4002-802f-0001545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-Theme/00000000-0000-4003-803f-0001545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-Premium-Theme/00000000-0000-4003-803f-0002545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-Brotherhood-Gang-Trailer/00000000-0000-400b-80bf-0024545107fc
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-Co-Op-Trailer/00000000-0000-400b-80bf-0028545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-Customization-Trailer/00000000-0000-400b-80bf-0029545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-Ronin-Gang-Trailer/00000000-0000-400b-80bf-0026545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-Celebrities-Trailer/00000000-0000-400b-80bf-0027545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Unkut-Pack-Uncle-Gary-A-Laughing-Matter-Trailer-HD/00000000-0000-400b-80bf-0050545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Corporate-Warfare-Developer-Diary-Trailer-HD/00000000-0000-400b-80bf-0051545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Uncle-Gary-The-Women-of-DLC-Trailer-HD/00000000-0000-400b-80bf-0052545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-Ultor-Exposed/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-0001545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-Corporate-Warfare/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-0004545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Saints-Row-2-The-Unkut-Pack/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-0005545107fc?cid=SLink
- ↑ See screenshot
|Games in the Saints Row series|
|Saints Row • Saints Row 2 • Saints Row: Total Control • Saints Row: Money Shot • Saints Row: The Third • Saints Row IV|