|Saints Row 2|
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Saints Row 2 is a game in the Saints Row series.
Saints Row 2 is more cartoonish than Saints Row, though the cutscenes and story are darker.
After the explosion of Alderman Richard Hughes private yacht in Saints Row,[when?] The Protagonist falls into a coma for several years, and is kept in intensive care at Stilwater Penitentiary, receiving extensive plastic surgery due to burns suffered in the explosion. During this time, the 3rd Street Saints disband, and their legacy is soon forgotten.[reference?] With Julius missing and the Saints gone, a power vacuum in Stilwater allowed three new gangs to take over: The Brotherhood, Sons of Samedi, and The Ronin
Upon awakening, The Protagonist breaks out of prison with fellow inmate Carlos Mendoza. After The Protagonist learns of the Saints dissolution, Carlos advises The Protagonist to keep his head down and learn as much about Stilwater as he can.[when?] While visiting a strip club[which?], The Protagonist learns of Johnny Gat's arrest and trial on the news, and rescues him from his trial. Deciding to resurrect the Saints, Gat helps find a new hideout, and The Protagonist, as leader of the Saints, sets to work recruiting new members, including Carlos, Pierce, and Shaundi. The reborn Saints soon formulate a plan[when?] to re-claim the city of Stilwater from three new gangs that have taken over in their absence.
Maero, the leader of The Brotherhood, initially offers to make a truce with the Saints, offering them a deal of 20-80. The Protagonist, offended by the offer, starts a gang war.[when?] He first kidnaps Donnie and forces him to blow up several of the Brotherhood's trucks[when?] and he also replaces Maero's tattoo ink with nuclear waste, disfiguring him.[when?] In retaliation, Carlos is kidnapped and dragged through the street, tied to the back of a truck.[when?] By the time The Protagonist rescues him, Carlos is gravely injured and The Protagonist is unable to free him from his chains and kills him.[when?] The Saints then kidnap Maero's girlfriend, Jessica, and puts her in the trunk of a car in a monster truck arena. Maero, not knowing his girlfriend was in the car, rides over her in his truck, crushing the car and his girlfriend. After exiting the truck, The Protagonist hands him the keys to the trunk and walks away.[when?] Much of the Brotherhood is then arrested in a police crackdown.[when?] Maero threatens Dane Vogel, the Ultor executive handling the company's business in Stilwater, to release his imprisoned allies, only for The Protagonist to kill them before they reach Stilwater's streets.[when?] Vogel then attempts to seize the weapon shipment from the Brotherhood, only for the Saints to snatch it from both of them.[when?] Now heavily armed, the Saints destroy the Brotherhood's dockside headquarters[when?] and The Protagonist kills Maero in a demolition derby.[when?]
To eliminate the Sons of Samedi, a group of Haitian drugs dealers, The Protagonist works with Shaundi to take over the trade of their trademark[reference?] designer drug Loa Dust, killing the Samedi's dealers and destroying their drug-manufacturing infrastructure. Shaundi's ex-boyfriend and now a Samedi enforcer, DJ Veteran Child, kidnaps her, but she is rescued by The Protagonist after he shoots his way through his nightclub and kills Veteran Child.[when?] Afterwards, a limousine belonging to The General, Samedi's leader, pulls up and kidnaps The Protagonist. Drugged and forced into the vehicle, The General explains to The Protagonist how much he is displeased with The Saints taking over his business and territory. The General almost kills him but The Protagonist manages to escape from the limo in time.[when?] After destroying an inbound shipment of Loa Dust The Protagonist sets out to kill the Samedi's leadership.[when?] First, The Protagonist kills the gang's voodoo-using second-in-command, Mr. Sunshine, at his hideout.[when?] Then, after Shaundi hacks Stilwater's CCTV system,[when?] The Protagonist ambushes the convoy with the gang's leader, The General, and kills him in a car chase in an inside Rounds Square Shopping Center.[when?]
The Protagonist, with Johnny Gat and Pierce, attacks the Ronin by robbing a casino they and the Ultor Corporation share ownership in.[when?] Incensed by this, Kazuo Akuji, the father of the Ronin's leader Shogo Akuji, travels to Stilwater himself to take control of the situation.[when?] Shogo attempts to recover the stolen cash by having his second-in-command, Jyunichi, kidnap Gat's girlfriend Aisha; this ends with Aisha dead and Gat incapacitated after being stabbed by Jyunichi.[when?] The Protagonist subsequently kills Jyunichi in revenge.[when?] By the time Gat recovers, Kazuo Akuji has broken the Ronin's connections with Ultor;[when?] Vogel reacts by giving the Saints the location of the Ronin's headquarters,[when?] which The Protagonist and Gat destroy.[when?] Disgraced, Shogo attacks the Saints during Aisha's funeral, and Johnny avenges her death by killing all the Ronin present and buries Shogo alive.[when?] Kazuo continues to attack the Saints, including Mr. Wong, and is killed in a duel with The Protagonist during Stilwater's Chinese Heritage Festival.[when?]
As the Saints take over Stilwater, they find themselves in an unexpected conflict with the Ultor Corporation, who seek to eradicate the gang in order to further their own goals for Stilwater. Formerly a company which produced clothes and household brand products, Ultor has used its immense funds to drastically reshape both itself and the Saint's Row District within the last few years. In the process, Ultor became a major, powerhouse corporation with its own private army, and they extended their power, reach, and influence into almost every aspect of Stilwater society, including the Stilwater Police Department and Masako teams. Ultor sends the latter directly after The Protagonist, Shaundi, Pierce, and Gat. While Gat is able to take care of himself, The Protagonist is forced to fight off a Masako team and rescue Pierce and Shaundi before they are killed.[when?] Angered, The Protagonist destroys The Pyramid, an underground research complex owned by Ultor.[when?] Under pressure from Ultor's board of directors as the company is targeted by the Saints, Vogel leaks the location of the board to The Protagonist: a party on a boat not far from the Saints Row district.[when?] Not caring where the information came from, The Protagonist eliminates the board. Looking on at the destruction caused by The Protagonist, Vogel congratulates himself by telling his assistant to move his things to his new office, knowing he is about to be promoted.[when?] Vogel's victory is short lived, however. During his speech outside of the Saints Row Church, Gat trains a sniper rifle on Vogel, with The Protagonist nearby.[when?] A security guard catches Gat, however, and The Protagonist is forced to chase after Vogel, who escapes to the Phillips Building . Using the Tornado attack helicopter, The Protagonist brings down the building's security, and enters Vogel's office. After hearing Vogel plea for his life, The Protagonist kills the company chairman and CEO with a bullet to the head, which also sends him falling from the top of the tower to the helpless police officers below, leaving no one to challenge the Saints' control over Stilwater.
Two DLC packages are downloadable via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace. The first, Ultor Exposed, introduces a new homie, 3 new missions, and new vehicles. The second, Corporate Warfare, introduces 3 new missions, most on fan request, and new vehicles.
There are 33 pieces of Downloadable Content on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
- 18 Avatar Items (All released 2010-04-22)
- Saints Row 2 Hat - 80 points 
- Saints Tee - 80 points 
- Sons of Samedi Tee - 80 points 
- Ronin Tee - 80 points 
- Brotherhood Tee - 80 points 
- Ultor Tee - 80 points 
- Flashy Hat - 160 points 
- Flashy Cane - 240 points 
- Flashy Suit Outfit - 320 points 
- Hotdog Suit Outfit - 400 points 
- Brotherhood Gang Trailer - Released: 2008-12-04 - Size: 76.42 MB - Free 
- Co-Op Trailer - Released: 2008-12-06 - Size: 66.01 MB - Free 
- Customization Trailer - Released: 2008-12-06 - Size: 81.61 MB - Free 
- Ronin Gang Trailer - Released: 2008-12-06 - Size: 83.53 MB - Free 
- Celebrities Trailer - Released: 2008-12-06 - Size: 169.28 MB - Free 
- The Unkut Pack: Uncle Gary - A Laughing Matter Trailer - Released: 2009-06-23 - Size: 37.12 MB - Free  Uncle Gary displays his humorous side in the latest video for The Unkut Pack DLC.
- Corporate Warfare Developer Diary Trailer - Released: 2009-07-02 - Size: 99.95 MB - Free  Volition developers and producers take a behind the scenes look at the Corporate Warfare DLC and showcase the various gameplay elements requested by the Saints Row 2 fan community.
- Uncle Gary - The Women of DLC Trailer - Released: 2009-07-16 - Size: 44.92 MB - Free  Uncle Gary shows us the wild women of Saints Row 2 DLC.
- Ultor Exposed - Released: 2009-04-23- Size: 161.90 MB - 800 points. 
- Disgruntled Ultor microbiologist Tera Patrick holds the key to the corporation's illicit research activities and revenue generating schemes. Help Tera dismantle the Ultor Corporation by exposing the megacorp's seedy operations to the citizens of Stilwater. Battle through three all new co-op enabled missions. Commandeer new air and ground vehicles including attack aircraft and luxury sports cars. Customize your character with new hairstyles, law enforcement uniforms, and all new clothes. Own the streets in new Strong Arm and Gangsta Brawl multiplayer maps. These are your Saints and this is your city like you've never seen it before… fully exposed!
- There is a civil war brewing within the Ultor Corporation. Dex, Ultor's newly appointed Head of Security, is running a black market nuclear weapons operation aided by Ultor management. Meanwhile, a defected Ultor executive offers the Saints a chance to bring the entire operation down. Take revenge in style with new transportation options for aircraft, exotic cars, and superbikes. Redefine your character with all new customization options including brand new outfits and facial bandanas to change your identity. Take the battle to the streets with brand new Strong Arm and Gangsta Brawl multiplayer maps or challenge your friends in an all new Co-Op competitive mode. Now it's time to put a permanent end to Ultor's corruption.
- Pimp out your personality with over 60 brand new customization items including Unkut watches, necklaces, bracelets, T-shirts, tank tops, hoodies, and camisoles. Change it up with a preppy polo, or dress it down with some jeans at Sloppy Seconds. Ink-up your character with 16 all new tattoo options.
- In Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie, released in 2012, features a scene with Roy playing Saints Row 2. Tim & Eric also created a Genki trailer for Saints Row: The Third in 2011.
- This is the final title to be set in Stilwater or have the gangsta theme.
- This is the first title in the series to be released for Windows and Playstation, as Saints Row, wasn't released on either platform.
- On 2014-05-31, the Gamespy servers were shut down, breaking online multiplayer in PC and PS3. Volition have not issued a patch to address this.
- A port of the game was planned for the Sony PSP. This port was eventually reworked into its own game, under the title of Saints Row Undercover and was eventually cancelled due to quality issues.
- ↑ Mission: Jailbreak
- ↑ Mission: Appointed Defender
- ↑ Mission: Down Payment
- ↑ Mission: Three Kings
- ↑ Cutscene: An Amazing Quarter
- ↑ Cutscene: Catching Up
- ↑ Cutscene: End Game
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Saints Row 2 Hat
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Saints Tee
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Sons of Samedi Tee
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Ronin Tee
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Brotherhood Tee
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Ultor Tee
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Flashy Hat
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Flashy Cane
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Flashy Suit Outfit
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Hotdog Suit Outfit
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Picture Pack
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Theme
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Premium Theme
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Brotherhood Gang Trailer
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Co-Op Trailer
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Customization-Trailer
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Ronin Gang Trailer
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Celebrities Trailer
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: The Unkut Pack Uncle Gary A Laughing Matter Trailer HD
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Corporate Warfare Developer Diary Trailer HD
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Uncle Gary The Women of DLC Trailer HD
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Ultor Exposed
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Corporate Warfare
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: The Unkut Pack
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ Volition: Saints Row 2 and The Up-Coming Gamespy Shutdown
- ↑ YouTube: Inside Volition: Saints Row Undercover