Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Saints Row: Money Shot|
THQ Digital Phoenix
- You are Cypher, a deadly assassin in the world of Saints Row, and you hunt the most elusive targets with the most sophisticated weaponry that Ultor has to offer. How sophisticated? You have the ability to control the of your bullet to such a degree that you can weave through the hallway of an apartment complex, steer through the legs of a hooker, and even snake your way through a moving train! Avoid striking solid objects and unintended bystanders and make sure you hit your mark!
- — Leaked Description
This cancelled game would have been released on the Nintendo 3DS, the PlayStation 3 via the PlayStation Network, and the Xbox 360 via the Xbox Live Arcade. It would have been 580mb and would have cost 800 MS points.
After it was cancelled, the unlockable rewards were released as part of the Moneyshot Pack DLC.
Saints Row: Drive-By was originally being developed for Xbox Live Arcade , and was first announced publicly at Nintendo's 2010 E3 floor show, No images of the game under the name "Drive-By" were ever released.
The game was said to take place between Saints Row 2 and Saints Row: The Third, and would have built players' enthusiasm up for the latter. The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of this game were to feature connectivity with Saints Row: The Third that would have allowed the user to unlock special content for both games.
On the 3rd of November, 2010, Danny Bilson, THQ's Vice president of Creative Development stated in an interview with Shacknews that they had changed the design and were going to something more unique.
On the 3rd of May, 2011, Meristation reported that they had discovered that Saints Row: Drive-By was now listed as cancelled in the resume of a developer, which was re-reported by VG24/7, who contacted THQ for an official confirmation, but it was Joystiq who received the reply from THQ that "[THQ] are not developing Saints Row: Drive By."
In June 2011, at E3, an exclusive mode was announced for the PS3 which would use the Playstation Move.
On the 9th of August, 2011, THQ issued a press release stating that they were closing their development team in Phoenix. What was not known at that time was that this was the studio responsible for Saints Row: Money Shot.
On the 14nd of August, 2011, a user posted on the se7ensins forum that Saints Row: Money Shot had leaked, and posted images. The compilation date of the leaked game is June 14, 2011.
On the 21st of August, 2011, zing.cz posted a gameplay video from the leaked game.. This video has been posted to youtube several times, but was regularly taken down by requests from THQ, although no videos have been taken down since THQ went out of business.
On the 31nd of October, 2011, worthplaying posted an interview with Danny Bilson, who stated that Money Shot had not been cancelled, and would be free on PSN.
Before starting each mission, a list of objectives is shown, as well as a bullet selection screen.
The actual gameplay involves controlling the flight and speed of a bullet. At the start of each mission Cypher loads the chosen bullet into her sniper rifle and pressing RT fires the bullet.
In each street mission, Cypher is inside a Delivery Truck, in each tunnel mission, Cypher is at a shooting range desk.
Pressing RT accelerates the bullet, and pressing LT slows down the bullet, and time. At the top of the screen is an "Influence" bar, which decreases every time time is slowed down. The Influence bar recharges when accelerating the bullet, and there are pickups throughout the level which recharge the bar faster. With some bullets, Influence automatically recharges without accelerating.
At the end of each mission, a short sequence will show the aftermath of the bullet's journey, depending on what was hit during the flight.
Completing objectives increases the score earned, and completing objectives is cumulative and does not require reaching the end of the course in order to finish each objective.
There are 12 missions in the game, although the 12th mission does not work in the leaked version. Each mission has a number of different challenges, so even though there's so few missions, most will be played several times in order to fully finish the game.
|Mission||Internal name||Location and notes|
|Anna Will Be Right Back||Inf_Level_C||A straight street in Steelport, during the day.|
|Pillars of Ultor||Inf_Tunnel_C||Ultor shooting range|
|Trench Warfare||Inf_Tunnel_D||Ultor shooting range. Timed: 35s|
|Shifty Snipe||Inf_Tunnel_E||Ultor shooting range|
|Rush Crush||Inf_Tunnel_A||Ultor shooting range Timed: 30s|
|Dex's New Digs||Inf_Level_A||Through several buildings in Steelport, at night.|
|Vexacious||Inf_Tunnel_B||Ultor shooting range. Timed: 35s|
|Vertical Refreshment||Inf_Tunnel_F||Ultor shooting range|
|Zig Zag||Inf_Tunnel_G||Ultor shooting range. Timed: 25s|
|Corkscrewed||Inf_Tunnel_H||Ultor shooting range|
|Biker Striker||Inf_Level_B||A winding street in Steelport, during the day. Timed: 50s|
|Inf_Tunnel_I||Inf_Tunnel_I||Selecting this mission exits to the main menu.|
Bullets are automatically unlocked through game progression. Bullets can be slowed using LT and speed up using RT.
|Utr-xo1||Utr-xo2||Utrx-03||Ultor's original secret prototype. Well-rounded, lacking any obvious weaknesses or strengths. Relatively low scoring potential.|
|Goon||Wiseguy||The Don||Super responsive and stable, but with compromised turning ability.|
|Privateer||Corsair||Galleon||Slow turning response, high maximum rate of turn. Good scoring potential for those that can handle it.|
|Grudge||Scourge||Vendetta||Fixed-Speed Bullet. The Influence controls alter your maneuverability instead of speed.|
|The Teaser||The Shocker||The Show Stopper||Always continues in the direction its steered in. Slightly worse than average response. High scoring potential.|
|Astaroth||Beezlebuth||Lucifer||Exceptional speed, handling and response at the cost of stability. Excellent scoring potential.|
|Tipsy||Squiffy||Crunky||Heavy an challenging to steer. Its special characteristics cuase it to gradually drop towards the ground. Extreme scoring potential.|
|Tardyon||Luxon||Tachyon||Ultor's latest experimental technology. The influence controls alter the bullet's gravity instead of speed. Extremely fast.|
|The Show Stopper||8||6||2||5||7|
- Total mission targets hits
- Objects destroyed
- Play time
- Bullets fired
- Highest multiplier
- Best rating
- Total score
- Best global Rank
- Shootin' Blanks (0-50000)
- Rifleman (50000-100000)
- Skirkmisher (100000-200000)
- Marksman (200000-)
- Sharpshooter (600000)
- Top Shooter (2000000)
- A beta version of the leaked xbox 360 game is available online, but can only be played on hacked consoles.
- Money Shot uses models from Saints Row: The Third, as can be seen in images of the leaked game.
- A picture of Smiling Jack's diner is visible on the right side of the corridor in the first level.
- Cypher's computer is the same model used by the Reaper Drone.
- During "Dex's New Digs", two people are hanging from a helicopter sword-fighting with Penetrators.
- Steve Jaros, the Writing Lead for the Saints Row series, has been asked about Dex's fate in multiple interviews, and often mentions that Dex was intended to be killed in Money Shot, and has confirmed that Dex is not considered to be dead from a writing standpoint, and that he may re-introduce Dex at a later time.
- Cypher's outfit can be purchased as a suit in Saints Row IV.
- In the "10th Anniversary: Saints Row Money Shot" livestream, Volition staff played an older build of Money Shot with an alternate version of the main logo.
- Shacknews: "What about the Saint's Row[sic] Nintendo 3DS title that was going to be brought over to the Xbox Live Arcade as an extended product to support a future game in the series"
Danny Bilson: "That one is changed. It's changed. It's going to be a different--we actually changed the design and are doing something more unique. This is just creative but we wound up feeling the game we were building was too much like a section of Saint's Row[sic] that you could play in Saint's Row[sic] . Now we've come up with a new design with a completely original game mechanic and we're building out something that supports Saint's Row[sic] with that."
- Worthplaying: "As a company, how does THQ evaluate if a game product is worth moving forward on? A year or two ago, Saints Row Drive-by for PSP was canceled. More recently, the Saints Row Money Shot project for XBLA was going to tie into Saints Row: The Third, but it was also shelved. How do you determine when to forge ahead?"
Danny Bilson: "It's similar to any other entertainment business. We have a group of executives — in core, particularly — who are all gamers who experienced product in the marketplace. You just know, just like any gamer who buys a game, you know what's good and what's not, ideally. In the case of Money Shot, it will be on PSN as a Sony offering, and I'm pretty sure it's free."
- — Worthplaying interview with Danny Bilson
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Worthplaying: Developer Interview with THQ EVP Danny Bilson
- ↑ msxbox-world: achievements list
- ↑ Industrygamers: Interview with Danny Bilson
- ↑ officialnintendomagazine: E3 2010 3DS details announced
- ↑ Computerandvideogames: Saints Row 3DS called 'Drive By', coming to XBLA
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Shacknews: Danny Bilson interview
- ↑ Meristation: Meristation Saints Row Drive-by listed as cancelled, retrieved 2013-04-17
- ↑ VG24/7: Saints Row: Drive-by Listed As Canceled for PSN and XBL, retrieved 2013-04-17
- ↑ Joystiq: THQ: 'We are not developing Saints Row: Drive By', retrieved 2011-08-28
- ↑ THQ: THQ Announces Internal Studios Realignment to Focus on Key Strategic Initiatives
- ↑ se7ensins: Saints Row: Money Shot price and boxart Leaked
- ↑ zing.cz: Saints Row: Money Shot leaked gameplay video
- ↑ Kotaku: What is Saints Row Money Shot
- ↑ Australia Classification: Saints Row: Money Shot classification
- ↑ Pastebin: Proof that the game was leaked
- ↑ Twitter: Steve Jaros
- ↑ Twitch: "Volition plays Saints Row" livestream
- ↑ Twitch: 10th Anniversary: Saints Row Money Shot