The Saints Hideout was originally a Hotel, before the Stilwater Earthquake dropped part of the city below sea level. This area of Old Stilwater remains accessible through the basement of an old Mission House in Bavogian Plaza.
As you progress through the game, the hotel is incrementally repaired, eventually the decrepit hotel is transformed into a nightclub called Purgatory, complete with an office, stripper poles, bar, minibar, a personal bedroom for The Protagonist and an elevator, which saves time getting to and from the surface.
Watching over the hideout from atop the large staircase, there is a statue called the Saint of all Saints.
Although there is a "Purgatory" sign above the entrance, the nightclub is not open to the public during Saints Row 2, the only people ever seen inside are the 3rd Street Saints gang members and strippers.
It is never referred to as "Purgatory" by any characters, in any game text, or on the map. When spoken, characters reference it as "the hotel".
Unlike the Saints Row Church in Saints Row, which only contained a Save Point, the Saints Hideout has a range of Crib Components available, including a Stash, Wardrobe, Weapons Cache and both a Car and Helicopter Garage. It is missing the Newspaper Clipboard, which is only available in Cribs which you purchase.
The Television in the Saints Hideout can only be used to play Zombie Uprising, and cannot be used to watch cutscenes.
Unlike other Cribs, it is not possible to customize the appearance of the Saints Hideout. Instead, Gang Customization is available, which allows you to customize the appearance of your gang, including which Vehicles they drive.
Although Crib Customization is not available, there are still 3 Overall Styles, which are upgraded automatically through game progression. The hideout changes from Ratty to Average after completing 11 missions, and changes to Pimp after completing 22 missions. Strongholds and Activities do not effect this automatic style upgrade.
- The building exists in Saints Row, but is inaccessible as it is behind a wall. However, it is possible to see over the wall that the doors are approximately in the same places.
- There is a bug regarding the automatic Overall Style upgrades, if you play Co-op as a guest before playing the single player missions, and the crib is upgraded during the co-op game, it will not be possible to upgrade the style during single player. 
- The elevator cannot be used during the mission Bad Trip, but can be used during Good D and Down Payment.
- A radio commercial in Saints Row The Third, offering applicants to enjoy being member of the Third Street Saints boasts how chosen applicants will be taken for dinner and clubbing in the Purgatory before taken to a drive-by shooting.
- ↑ Down Payment mission
- ↑ Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939458-saints-row-2/60191157