Saints Flow is an energy drink in Saints Row: The Third.
- "There's a Saint in all of us."
- — Slogan
The Saints Flow energy drink first appears in the Saints Row: The Third E3 2011 debut trailer, "Power". The 3rd Street Saints started manufacturing the drink sometime after retaking Stilwater and before the events of Saints Row: The Third.
Mascots dressed up as Saints Flow energy drink cans can be seen in the Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax Activity and sometimes outside of Planet Saints. It is also possible to have Saints Flow mascots as gang followers via gang costumization, as part of the mascot style (which is unlocked after completeing all of Prof. Genki's activities). Saints Flow mascots are sometimes found in odd or out of the way places, such as the little islands in sunset park (sometimes appearing dancing with a stripper), inside shipping contains (usually ones that previous contained hidden collectibles), Loren Square's red light districts (located under the overpass that runs through the Square), and occasionally they can be found outside Saint Strongholds such as Safeword and 3 Count casino. Because they are one of the most commonly found of the various kinds of mascots, they make excellent targets for racking up Mascot Kills for the Mascots Killed challenge (in fact one is pictured in SaintsBook next to the challenge's details).[reference?]
The Trouble With Clones
Saints Flow plays a role in The Trouble With Clones mission, "Send in the Clones". After being attacked by Johnny Tag (a Brute clone of Johnny Gat), upon reaching Jimmy Torbitson's house in Espina, Jimmy revives The Protagonist with can of irradiated Saints' Flow that Jimmy created with his particle accelerator, which gives The Protagonist superhuman powers.
During this mission, The Protagonist is granted several abilities, and weapons. These are only enabled for the duration of the mission, but the mission can be replayed.
After defeating the initial forces on the bridge while protecting Jimmy, the "effects" of the Saints Flow "wear off" and the special abilities and weapons are removed. After this, The Protagonist enters a helicopter and must use a rocket launcher to take out the reinforcements of armored vehicles, tanks, snipers and helicopters.
There is no "Saints Flow power-up" to pick up, it is simply a narrative device shown in a cutscene.
- Super Sprint (Super Speed)
- Allows the player to sprint faster than normal (fast enough to out-run most vehicles) and generate a purple/pinkish aura of energy (similar to the bluish aura produced by Decker specialist) while sprinting. While Super Sprinting, The Protagonist can push vehicles out of the way by Sprinting into them.
- Saints Flow Fireball
- AKA Quarter-Circle Punch (Weapon) - Secondary attack
- Gives The Protagonist pyrokinetic ability to generate fireballs at will. This super power is similar to the fictional one gained by Pierce after drinking Saints Flow in the Saints Flow commercial.
- Saints POW (Super Strength)
- AKA Saints Flow Fist (Weapon) - Primary attack
- Gives The Protagonist superhuman strength (making The Protagonist strong enough to kill a Brute with melee attack alone), which enhances melee attacks (causing enemies to explode into a bloodly mess when hit with melee attacks). Also hit an enemy produces a superhero-ish biff-bam-pow style word ballons. It also gives The Protagonist the ability to knock away vehicles with melee attacks.
- The Protagonist becomes invincible while under the effects of Saints Flow, but can still be meleed to death.
- One of the side-effects of the irradiated Saints Flow The Protagonist discovers is the ability to read people's thoughts, however unlike the other abilities which The Protagonist doesn't seem to be able to control over it. It is accidentally discovered by The Protagonist, when he hears Jimmy's inner monologue while traveling to Tag's location and tells him to stop. Jimmy was unaware of this ability, meaning it is likely a side-effect. The Protagonist dislikes it, especially after seeing something they find disturbing inside Jimmy's mind, and tells Jimmy to contact them by cellphone.
- "If cocaine and coffee fucked in an alley, this would be the baby they left in the trashcan."
- — In-game Radio advertisement
- "Saints Flow's good, but Saints Flow with vodka, better."
- — Protagonist Male Voice 2
- "The last time I had a Saints Flow I woke up on a sidewalk covered in blood...and it wasn't mine."
- — Protagonist Female Voice 1
- "I hope no one ever finds out what's really in Saints Flow."
- — Protagonist Female Hispanic Voice.
- On the Saints Flow billboard a tag saying "Johnny Gat" can be seen.[screenshot?]
- The name is a play on "Saints Row".
- Real bottles of Saints Flow were seen at GAMEfest 2011.
- A Saints Flow mascot appeared in a trailer showcasing explosive ammunition.
- According to the "History of the Saints" feature, Saints Flow is rumored to cause birth defects in full grown adults.
- It tastes like Very Berry/Red Bull,though Johnny Gat refers to it as an "...ass-tasting energy drink..."[reference?]
- According to a disclaimer in Pierce's Saints Flow commercial, it is prohibited in California. Since this is a Japanese commercial, there is no reason for this statement.
- According to the trophies for The Trouble With Clones, Saints Flow can give the player powers that are seen in Pierce's Saints Flow advert.[What advert?]
- According to Jimmy, the Saints Flow that gives powers in The Trouble With Clones was made by him using his particle accelerator and he had intended to use it himself.
- During the cutscene at the end of STAG Film, the scrolling news at the bottom of the screen reads "Saints Flow recalled after recent positive test for HGH".
- ↑ Saints Row The Third E3 2011 Trailer [HD], retrieved 7th July 2011
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third - Syndication Trailer - YouTube, retrieved 22nd July 2011
- ↑ Twitter / @SaintsRow RT @GamingBrink: Check out ..., retrieved 16th September 2011
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third Exclusive Moment #1 - G4tv.com
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third - Cherished Memories #1 (OFFICIAL) - YouTube
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third | History (Modern Day Saints) - Official Saints Row website
- ↑ Live show: We're playing Saints Row: The Third live! - Destructoid
- ↑ Jimmy: While you were out, I gave you Saints Flow I irradiated with my homemade particle accelerator. I intended to drink it myself, but seeing as I owed you for all this trouble I figured you could use it.