- Use the laser to "paint" the target, then watch as death rains down into the area. May want to stand back...
- — Weapon description
The SA-3 Airstrike is a powerful weapon that fills the "special" category on the weapon wheel. When used, the trigger must be held for a few seconds to charge the weapon and then a cluster bomb drops from the sky and damage a large area. This is often accompanied by a phrase such as: "Time to duck and cover" or "bringing the rain" with the sound of a jet flying by overhead. Upgrading the weapon decreases the charge timer and increases ammunition capacity.
- Main article: Weapon Upgrades.
|1||$22,500||"Use the laser to "paint" the target, then watch as death rains down into the area. May want to stand back..."|
|2||$45,000||"Target faster and hold more ammo."|
|3||$90,000||"Target faster and hold more ammo."|
|4||$180,000||"Target faster and hold more ammo."|
- Although using the weapon is accompanied by the sound of a jet, the bombs appear to fall out of the sky. If the weapon is targeted at the outside of the base of Saint's HQ, below the helipad, the bomb appear below the helipad.
- This weapon resembles the "Hammer of Dawn" weapon from Gears of War, but instead of an orbital laser strike, it is a bomb descending on the target.
- The bomb splits into submunitions which are excellent for crowd control and destroying large numbers of vehicles
- The weapon is not modeled after any existing weapon, or normal military laser designator. Instead, it heavily resembles a common police speed radar.