- "STAG's version of the shotgun. No reload time, but watch out for overheating."
- — Weapon description
An advanced shotgun developed for STAG personnel, the S3X Hammer is a futuristic counterpart to the AS14 Hammer from Saints Row 2. It is by far the least-common shotgun, appearing only rarely used by STAG personnel in key locations. However, players can get it as early as the mission Gang Bang if they stop to look over the bodies of the STAG troops inside Technically Legal. Equipped with prototype sonic shells, the S3X Hammer can fire continuously with no need to reload, but can overheat if fired too much.
By default, the S3X Hammer has higher firepower than the Grave Digger or AS3 Ultimax. However, it fires considerably slower than either, resulting in it being a somewhat lackluster weapon without upgrades (though its lack of a reload is, admittedly, quite useful). As it upgrades, it gets stronger and faster - and while it never quite reaches the speed of the AS3 or the raw punch of the Grave Digger, it strikes a comfortable mean between the two that makes it an appealing weapon, especially to players who can afford its upgrades.
The S3X's biggest drawback is that if it overheats,it takes considerably longer to cool down than a simpler, magazine-fed weapon does to reload. Carefully managing the S3X Hammer's cooling is necessary to get the most out of this potent power-house.
- Good balance of speed and power
- Never has to reload
- Can fire a good number of shots before having to cool down
- Higher knockback than other shotguns
- Most expensive shotgun to upgrade
- Somewhat difficult to acquire
- Cooldown takes a while if allowed to overheat
- Scatter tends to be less-predictable than other shotguns
- Isn't terribly effective without upgrades
- Main article: Weapon Upgrades.
|1||$20,000||"STAG's version of the shotgun. No reload time, but watch out for overheating."|
|2||$20,000||"Increase rate of fire and damage. Red dot sight improves fine-aim accuracy."|
|3||$40,000||"Increase rate of fire and damage."|
|4||$80,000||"Increase rate of fire and damage."|
- Though somewhat difficult to find in the open-world, the S3X Hammer can easily be obtained through purchase from Friendly Fire. It is available at the store following the mission "Gang Bang".
- The weapon's name could be interpreted as leetspeak for "Sex Hammer".